Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Inspection Hardware, Software & Publications

Notices

Inspection Hardware, Software & Publications What hardware, software, books, videos, etc have you found useful? What would you like to see more of? This topic is to discuss various inspection-related products and publications.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6/27/17, 10:38 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: No report software

Does anyone know of a software system for a small company where I can get add on licenses or programs/apps for employees. I looked at 3D and HIP. I would prefer a mobile app and a scaled down pc version. Don't want to but full scale versions for employee inspectors when they only need half of it.

Dom at HIP has been great but there are a few things I want that they don't have
Need a home inspection in New Hampshire? Check out InterNACHI's listing of New Hampshire certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 6/28/17, 2:28 AM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to dmaricic Send a message via AIM to dmaricic Send a message via MSN to dmaricic Send a message via Yahoo to dmaricic

Wow, old thread!

Garrett, what is it that you want that we don't have? We definitely have an awesome mobile app and PC/Mac version. Your employees can only use mobile and send you the reports to generate if you want. Or you can do team inspections and merge. Or use the HIP Draft feature to lock inspectors into being able to generate reports but not use it for moonlighting.

2008 InterNACHI Member and Innovator of the Year
HOME INSPECTOR PRO HOME INSPECTION SOFTWARE

InterNACHI Members SAVE $150

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad!

You can now import HomeGauge, 3D, PalmTech & InspectVue Narratives.

InterNACHI members receive 3 months of FREE home inspector website hosting

Insert Video, Interactive Glossary and Sketches Into your Report!!

Old 6/28/17, 4:51 AM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmartell View Post
Does anyone know of a software system for a small company where I can get add on licenses or programs/apps for employees. I looked at 3D and HIP. I would prefer a mobile app and a scaled down pc version. Don't want to but full scale versions for employee inspectors when they only need half of it.

Dom at HIP has been great but there are a few things I want that they don't have
Hey Garett,

Coincidentally Spectacular has team member licenses for half price. Spectacular is the best mobile inspection software available for iPad, iPhone, Android 6+ or Windows 10 and is the only program that allows you to generate and send PDF reports from your mobile device or desktop computer.

http://www.spectacularapp.com
Old 6/28/17, 7:21 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstanczyk View Post
My time is too valuable to waste it on writing an old book in a new way. The best programs already allow you to adapt the report to what you want. Why would you waste valuable time recreating some that already exists? I average a little over $100 per hour. What type of program could be written in 5 or 6 hours of my time (the cost of an existing program) that would be worth a darn?

Spend the down time with your wife, kids, motorcycle, gun, surfboard or brew some beer. Time much better well spent. JMHO.
This is how I feel about it also. Why do you have to have a proprietary report program? When I was a contractor I used existing contracts and made sure my scope of work clearly defined and communicated to the clients what they were getting and what they weren't. Took me a few hours but saved many more hours down the road. As a 203K consultant the biggest problems I see when I get someones paperwork is vague descriptions and bad communications.

I do my home inspection reports and always have a summary and people including agents tell me they like my summary. Other guys on this form say summaries are a waste of time. I'd say buy a report program and tweak it a little but as Stephan says his time is worth so much an hour then that's what your homemade program cost is.

Last edited by plesieur; 6/28/17 at 7:25 AM..