Palm-Tech Software????

Has anyone used or have experience with Palm-Tech Home Inspection Software? I am getting a Pocket PC and researching/evaluating home inspection Software for it.

Brent

I have the samsung Q1 and palm tech software. I love the software although I have seen some reports online that I like better. The software is easy to use and to learn. I have had it 7 months, yesterday The Q1 locked up but it was OK after shutting it down and restating it. The customer support was good also from both palm tech and Samsung.
My original Idea was to do my reports on-site, although it takes time to name the pictures and blend them to the report; Not hard just time consuming.

Ricky,
Just FYI on our software that runs on a Q1 or PocketPC you are able to link the pictures into the body of the report as you are doing your inspection and then they are automatically included so there is no manual placing of pictures at all. You can even include multiple pictures per Comment now in the new v6 and the pictures are automatically adjusted in size to correspond and fit appropriately.

Jeff Knight __________________
Knights Software Solutions, Inc.
www.knightssoftware.com
“Leading handheld inspection software for 10 years.”

Jeff,

I’m assuming you are saying that you automatically place the photos when I insert the memory card from my camera, is that correct? If so, how do you know that the first photo goes in the driveway section and the second one goes in the back porch section?

– bz

I already paid $3000 for the hardware and software I have. I am not jumping ship as of yet. Just giving my opinion on what I am using.

Give me the software and I will evaluate it for you on the Q1.

Brain,
That is correct…while you are using the software to collect the inspection data and you are in the driveway section entering your information like checking the type of driveway it is and you are selecting a comment that says something about “common cracks” you also find a major heaving area and you take a picture of it…all you do is select a button on the screen that automatically inserts a picture number into the report by that comment. If later on you are in another area like the back porch and you take another picture and you hit this same button it automatically increments the counter and inserts the picture tag in this area. You continue to do this during the entire inspection routine…and at the end of the inspection you may have taken 15-20 photos during the inspection process and each time you just hit the picture tag button to insert the tag into the report.
At the end of the inspection all you do is take the card out of your camera…put it in your handheld device and when it starts printing the report it knows exactly when to print what pictures in the report and it just does it. It is just referencing the pictures so there is no copying of pictures or anything and it will even work across multiple inspections.
This is one of our outstanding features of our software and it is so easy…just do not tell any of our competitors about it !! :slight_smile:

Jeff Knight
www.knightssoftware.com

Ricky,
We have tried our software on the Q1 and it works great. I am just not crazy about the pricier hardware compared to a PocketPC and having to deal with Windows in general and now Vista. We know you do not need a full version of Windows to do simple data collection. There is a demo version of our PC version software on our website that you could try on your Q1 if you want to.

Jeff Knight
www.knightssoftware.com