Porter Valley Software (InspectVue) has been sold.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=5][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]InspectVue News 07/17/08[/size][/FONT]
[/FONT]
ESP ACQUIRES PVS
07/17/08

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]**Environmental Service Professionals Acquires Porter Valley Software**[/size][/FONT][/FONT] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am proud today to announce that Environmental Service Professionals, Inc. (ESP) has acquired Porter Valley Software Inc. This partnership will be benificial to all current and future Porter Valley Software InspectVue users. I will have some exciting news to share with all of you in the coming weeks on how our software will be playing a major role in helping take you to the next level in the residential and commercial inspection field. It's going to be quite a ride! I will continue to head up the Porter Valley Software division of ESP and our current software lineup will continue to be enhanced and updated.

If you have any questions about the merger you are welcome to call me at (800) 388-4541.

Sincerely,
Lorne Steiner,
Managing Director, Porter Valley Software
A Division of ESP (NSD OTC Symbol: EVSP)
Corporate Web Site:.evsp.com
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]**[size=4]Press Release **
Environmental Service Professionals, Inc. announces the acquisition of Porter
Valley Software, Inc.PALM SPRINGS (PrimeNews Wire) July 17, 2008---

Environmental Service Professionals, Inc. (OTCBB:EVSP) announced today that it has acquired the inspection industry's leading software developer, Porter Valley Software, Inc. (PVS), makers of the InspectVueT line of Professional home and commercial inspection report-writers. Founder and President, Mr. Lorne Steiner will continue on as the Managing Director of the new Porter Valley Software Division of ESP. Environmental Service Professionals President/CEO Ed Torres stated, "We are very excited about the opportunity to acquire the industry's leading inspection and report creation software. This acquisition is in keeping with our commitment to excellence and leadership within the Indoor Air Quality industry. We are very pleased that the acquisition of Porter Valley Software, Inc. also brings to our team Mr. Lorne Steiner, whose experience and reputation will be a tremendous asset as we strive to become the leader in this emerging industry." "PVS inspection report-writers compliment the ESP business model by creating an integrated software solution for the next generation of Real Estate Inspectors that includes residential, commercial, environmental inspections, testing and laboratory analysis", noted Mr. Lorne Steiner About Environmental Service Professionals, Inc.

ESP is the first publicly-traded company established to consolidate the highly fragmented home inspection industry and to specialize in environmental inspections. ESP's Healthy Home Assurance Certification mission results in the mitigation of risk across the board for homeowners and for mortgage, title and insurance companies.

ESP, through its wholly owned subsidiary Environmental Safeguard Professionals, Inc. ("Safeguard"), has developed a standardized training, certification, Inspection, and results reporting analysis program which forms the foundation of a suite of services that together comprise our Certified Environmental Home Inspector ("CEHI") program. This business unit provides annual subscription-based moisture maintenance and energy use awareness programs for addressing many environmental issues in the Building, Residential, Commercial and Real Estate industries.

ESP, through its wholly owned subsidiary National Professional Services, Inc.
("NPS"), offers annual trade memberships and management services for industry
related associations. NPS is currently a conglomerate of seven individual associations and maintains annual paying members. The focus of this business unit is to establish cross-training on CEHI programs and to provide information concerning residential environmental issues, to establish training for underwriters, loan officers and appraisers, and to educate these groups about CEHI inspection protocols.

Training programs for insurance companies, underwriters, loss control, and risk
management personnel educate and emphasize the benefits of using a CEHI on the initial inspection and then establishing annual inspections. The company's motto is "peace of mind for your family, your home and your health". Visit [www.espusa.net](http://www.espusa.net) for complete information on the ESP family of services offered and [http://www.evsp.com](http://www.evsp.com) for investment information.
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]**Contact Information**[/size][/FONT][/FONT] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
phone: 818-368-4806 or toll free: 800-388-4541 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/FONT][/FONT]

The company that purchased them is using The CMI designation.

http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/cmi/cease.html sent.

I sent them one also.

Wow. The company is off to a great start in its PR campaign. Fraudulent advertising = low ethics.

I wonder what affect that ethics will have on the PV software.

Not impressive.

Let’s see if the CMI thingy can really be stopped, and how quickly, and at what cost.

Should they change it to iCMI?

Hey good luck Lorne:twisted: it was nice talking to you today:twisted: you were a great help hahaaha:twisted:

Look closer gentlemen.:cool:
CMI vs. C.M.I.:stuck_out_tongue:
There’s a big difference. Plus which one was used first, and copyrighted?:mrgreen:

Its no secret!!! HomeGauge is asking all PV users to consider joining HomeGauge’s team of inspectors. We can transfer your template and your comments to HomeGauge software. You lose nothing but gain support from 10 employees, 6 phone lines, toll free.
877-274-4299

PV users call us to switch in July and August and receive a special offer!

Download a trial version of HG and the PV migration tool for your comments and template from the links in my signature below!

If you have a trial of HG and it is expired, call us and we will renew your trial period.

Switching to HomeGauge has never been easier!

I am now using inspectvue why would I change to home gauge now ?

Peter writes

I think you mean Trademarked, not copyrighted.

Your question is moot anyway, as a Registered Trademark is prima facia evidence of ownership.

The Master Inspector Certification Board not only Trademarked it first, used it first, but got it registered first. Actually, the only other attempt to register Certified Mold Inspector failed. I happen to know because I was the applicant. It failed because it was too close to similar to Certified Master Inspector.

Anyway, a Trademark protects itself and the space around it. CMI is an infringement on C.M.I. especially in lieu of the fact that 2 of the 3 initials stand for the very same words and both are in the same inspection industry.

You can’t have 2 similiar professional designations in the same industry just like you can’t have 2 Apple computers. You can Trademark Bob’s Apple Juice, but not Bob’s Apple computers.

CMI is as close to an infringement on a Registered Trademark as there ever was.

http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/cmi/cease.html

If you are happy with your software and support by all means keep it and enjoy it. If you are not happy with the software, support or lack of Internet Tools that enhance your business then consider joining HomeGauge.

Below are two testimonials of inspectors who have converted their template to HG from another software company:

I have been using InspectVue Residential for three years now and I loved it only because I didn’t know any better. I received my training from (deleted) and upon graduation they referred us to three different software programs, of which InspectVue was the best (yours (HG) was not on the list, but it should be). Then on Thursday I was browsing the InterNACHI forums and saw HomeGauge. I read the post and investigated this HomeGauge Software. I immediately downloaded the trial version and tried it out on the 2 inspections during the day on Thursday and 2 on Friday. Needless to say, Friday night I purchased the software. It was Awesome! What really sold me were the QuickBooks and Outlook Integration. For three years I have had to enter the contacts into QuickBooks, then into InspectVue. Double work and Time wasted! Now, I just enter them into QuickBooks and with a click of a button, everything is in HomeGauge, even the invoice! I love this program, the second thing that sold me was the picture management, and it runs fast! With InspectVue I had to load it picture by picture. They did add a multi picture section, but it ran so slow, it was easier to do it individually. Now I ordered the Eye-Fi Wireless SD Card, and with that I along with your picture folder option, I should be able to add pictures onsite instantly to the report! I can essentially have the report done as soon as the inspection is complete! Currently I offer a 24 hour turn around, but to have the report ready within minutes after the inspection will be awesome!
I will be going to the Commercial Inspection Seminar at the end of this month, and I look forward to using your software for all of my Commercial Inspections!
Thanks again for all of the great work with this program, and I wish you the best of luck!
Sincerely,
David K. Kraemer
Inspector Catch-It®
“We catch the problems while everyone else is still just looking around!”
www.inspectorcatchit.com

Another Testimonial:

I tried the new migration assistant and it worked; I have no idea what happened but the main event here is, the change is actually BETTER than I thought it would be and I’ll be off and running in no time.

I have been stuck with a program that was going nowhere for years, and now you guys, all of you are a breath of fresh air; I’m flabbergasted (my new word for the day)!

Thanks for all the support and ideas

John B.

Joining the HomeGauge team has never been easier! Call us for a competitor upgrade

I was looking through my portfolio last night and ran across this tidbit of information regarding the buy-out.

My oh my…looks to me the company was just about given away…!!!

I would of paid Lorne and Keith more than this:

**Form 8-K for ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE PROFESSIONALS, INC. **24-Jun-2008
Completion of Acquisition or Disposition of Assets

** Item 2.01. Completion of Acquisition of Disposition of Assets. ** On June 19, 2008 (the “Closing”), Environmental Service Professionals, Inc., a Nevada corporation (the “Company”) completed the closing of a stock purchase agreement (the :SPA") with Porter Valley Software, Inc., a California corporation (“PVS”), Keith Swift, an individual who owns 50% of the total issued and outstanding stock of PVS (“KS”), and Lorne Steiner, an individual who owns 50% of the total issued and outstanding stock of PVS (“LS”). Pursuant to the SPA, the Company acquired 100% of the total issued and outstanding stock of PVS from KS and LS in consideration for 650,000 shares of the Company’s common stock, issuable in installments over time, plus $400,000 in cash, payable in installments over time. A copy of the Stock Purchase Agreement is attached to this Report as Exhibit 99.1.

BUT I WOULD OF RENAMED THE SOFTWARE HOMEGAUGE—!!!](http://www.homegauge.com)

Apple Computer and Apple Records had a feud years ago and called a cease fire. Now that Apple is selling music on iTunes, the war has resumed. The battles will probabaly go on for years but I have no trouble figuing out which one makes records and which one makes iPods.

At least we all know that there is only ONE real CMI.

Not that I have ever stirred up controversy before…but…

Those who have marketed, through fear, software packages that use the written word as a means to offset the propensity for litigation were operating on borrowed time, IMO.

Fear is a short term motivator.

From what we have seen on this message board, very few home inspectors are sued and those that we have seen that are frivolous, have resulted from the “shotgun” approach where the litigant simply files suit against everyone associated with the sale (no matter how many dozens of pages of disclaimers preceded the first documented observation from the inspection).

Insurers keep the “real numbers” under lock and key, careful to never let the cat out of the bag as to what the real stats are…while this particular manufacturer of “the magic cure” and one other vendor touted that between 30% and ALL home inspectors would someday be sued.

Truth, while not the most popular of marketing tools, seems to always find its way to the finish line.

The lesson, as I see it, is it’s more of the quality of your report than the quality of the software, that matters most.

MY GOSH–I actually agree with Jim.

How true! Lawyers and some inspection software publishers are in the business of selling fear. The lawyers earn their livelihood from conflict. Some inspection software publishers gladly go along with the lawyers so they can sell their puffed-up pre-written “I am not responsible for anything – find somebody else” narratives.

Sadly, many home inspectors and other small business owners and operators make fear-driven decisions then wonder why they didn’t survive.

And most inspector’s attorneys suffer from a conflict of interest in that they financially benefit from keeping a legal skirmish going on and on. I’ve been able to use this fact to keep the other side of a lawsuit spending, as per advice from their own legal counsel, until his/her client is nearly broke.