Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Inspection Hardware, Software & Publications What hardware, software, books, videos, etc have you found useful? What would you like to see more of? This topic is to discuss various inspection-related products and publications.

Old 12/2/18, 1:58 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: On site reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetty View Post
That is a good strategy, it sucks to get back to the office and realize you forgot something. We use Home Inspector Pro with the mobile app and do just that, I would rather under promise and over deliver than vice versa. I like to leave room for the occasional item that needs to be researched.
Same, I like to have time to check things real quick.
Need a home inspection in Vermont? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Vermont certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/4/18, 11:10 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: On site reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfeltner View Post
Quick reporting is good but on site is rather useless to the client.
This is true in most cases, but I have had a few occasions where the client needed it immediately due to lack of planning and forethought. They were extremely pleased to have it in their email before I left the property.

When I do post from the field, I either include a disclaimer stating that the report may be subject to amendment, or I make 100% sure it is good to go by sitting down and reviewing the report and tweaking it until it is ready to go.

Sometimes I will post from the field for my convenience. If I have a few hours between inspections but not enough time to go back to the office, and if the inspection was not complicated, I get some lunch, tweak the report and post it. It's nice to get home and have only one (or no) report to put to bed.

William Bruce Ogletree
Ogletree Inspection Services

214-287-4630
www.ogletreehi.com
ogletreehi@gmail.com