Free e-newsletter sent to real estate agents, customized to include your contact info

http://www.nachi.org/documents/syhfm-newsletter.htm

Nick,
How does this work? Is this tied to our mailing list? Do we provide a seperate list of emails?
Inquiring inspectors want to know.
PS
When are the home depot books coming out?:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for all your hard work.

It’s sent from your e-newsletter database in the members only sign in section. You’ve had the opportunity over the last few days to add/delete email address’s that you want to receive and or not receive this months mailing. I’ve got over 18,000 address’s in there. I send it out to all of them. Nick said the testing of this article had a zero opt out rate. If it’s good enough for the realtors, it should sell well to buyers and sellers alike.

Hmmm… I have a different take on that. The NACHI newsletter looks OK to send to Real Estate agents but would seem to have very limited appeal for past clients, buyers or sellers. Maybe it’s just me.

I tend to agree with Michael.:smiley:
Will,
Are those 18,000 people that you know are is that a cold call list?

Each address is either a real estate agent, lender, client or networking contact from an agent, lender or client. You don’t think homeowners, buyers, sellers will be interested in how to sell their homes for more money? Are there many current homeowners or buyers who won’t be sellers in the future? Average homeowner sells in California every 6+ years. Any chance that homeowner knows someone looking to buy now? Could they recommend my service? Could they receive the NACHI or Homehints e-newsletter and send it to that prospective buyer? The flyer on the door knob at my house, goes straight to the trash dumster outside. My e-newsletter goes straight to their computer screen, hopefully gets viewed and stored for future use or in some cases they call me for an inspection.

Will,

The NACHI newsletter starts off like this:Dear Real Estate agent:
The link below is to a book which you may use and link to. It promotes the use of real estate agents like you. It also helps sellers prepare their homes and price their homes properly. Licensed real estate agents are permitted to link to, download, and reprint the book in its entirety. You should add the following link to on your real estate website. It really helps converting FSBOs into listings.

If I were a previous client, lender, insurance agent, appraiser, whatever I would wonder why you had sent this to me. I’m not a Real Estate Agent and don’t want or need to link to anything like that. I just don’t see this particular newsletter (maybe just this issue) as being appropriate for past clients. Also, since I’ve been using Home Hints eNews beginning in January with great results then I certainly would not want another newsletter from my company going out to past clients. My concern has absolutely nothing to do with the comments you made in your post. You’re arguing the merits of a newsletter, I’m disagreeing with the specifics of this particular one, not all newsletters in general. There’s an old HD saying that goes “If I have to explain it then you wouldn’t understand”. Maybe that’s applicable in this case.

Hey Michael,

It’s not the first e-newsletter they’ve received from me. Each one has a different theme. Since were reviewing text, how bout this part:

I’m looking to market myself. We have a different opinion on how each of us makes our way to the bank…:cool:

My stated opinion and thoughts on that question, again…

You don’t think homeowners, buyers, sellers will be interested in how to sell their homes for more money? Are there many current homeowners or buyers who won’t be sellers in the future? Average homeowner sells in California every 6+ years. Any chance that homeowner knows someone looking to buy now? Could they recommend my service? Could they receive the NACHI or Homehints e-newsletter and send it to that prospective buyer? :wink: