Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Special Deals for InterNACHI Inspectors This forum is a place for InterNACHI home inspectors and vendors to post special discounts and exclusive offers. This forum is publicly visible, but only InterNACHI home inspectors can enjoy the discounts. You must have vendor membership status to post on InterNACHI's deals forum. To become an vendor member, apply today.

Old 1/3/18, 4:50 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: InterNACHI's Free Listing Inspections Program: Answers to Frequently-Asked Questi

What if an agent (or agents) specifically request me for the pre-listing inspection? Will NACHI still pay for it?
Need a home inspection in Mississippi? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Mississippi certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/3/18, 4:59 PM

Default Re: InterNACHI's Free Listing Inspections Program: Answers to Frequently-Asked Questi

Also, who will pay for the re-inspection after repairs are made?
Old 1/3/18, 6:50 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Is the program only available for InterNACHI members that are Certified Master Inspectors or can state licensed InterNACHI CPI members take part as well?

Rob Learmont
856-272-6966
Your Forever Home Services LLC
yourforeverhomeservices.com
Facebook "Your Forever Home Services"
Home improvement Contractor #13HV09597800
New Jersey Home Inspector #24GI00160000
Old 1/3/18, 6:51 PM
Active Poster

Caught up to this point. Great questions fellas.
Old 1/3/18, 6:52 PM

1. Does the seller or listing agent get a copy of the report or do they need to download it like everyone else?

2. I think listing agents are going to love it, and I can market it to them, but I don't want my marketing efforts to supply my competitors with the jobs. Can listing agents or sellers ordering the inspection from you specify the inspector the want?

Keith Hoaglund
Comfort Home Inspections, Inc.
Old 1/3/18, 7:57 PM
Certified Master Inspector (CMI)

I didn't see mine answered.

1) Is Porch going to be involved in any way shape or form ? (Now or in the future)

2) Once we get started on our own, how do you see the realtors reacting to us selling them back the leads we got from their listing?
Old 1/3/18, 9:36 PM

Just read the informative FAQ's. I have some agents interested.
My question is (as mentioned before) will the program also accept limited major system inspections?
Roof-Plumbing-Electrical-HVAC.

Most of the agents I have spoken with would rather have this type of limited info available for public download & feel it may scare off potential buyers if it is a full comp with tons of other stuff.
It also will encourage whomever purchased it to call the performing inspector to do a full comp.

http://www.alltropic.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards Committee Member
SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final
authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.
Old 1/3/18, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Kenneth, I think we answered your questions except for #6 and for that I need some information. Nowadays, everyone can open a PDF. Why not just use PDFs?
Answer is here
HomeGauge Services - Comparing pdf and html reports

Still don't like the Home Advisor approach to distributing the request InterNachi receives. Do you have an alternate approach?

Ken Brittain, CPI
Home Vue Inspection Services, llc
Inspecting Charlotte, Concord & Surrounding Cities
InterNACHI 11071502 NCHILB 3262
704-455-0482

Old 1/3/18, 10:14 PM
Active Poster

Kenneth, that page must be 10 years old. InspectorOutlet sells hundreds of thousands of large PDFs and no one ever complains about not being able to open. And other software companies use PDFs and I've never heard a complaint about being able to open one. The last time I had an issue opening a large PDF was maybe 15 years ago. And you can put links in a PDF, links to your FB page or links to videos or whatever. PDF is a world standard that everyone uses for everything.

Last edited by gromicko; 1/3/18 at 10:17 PM..
Old 1/3/18, 10:32 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
I didn't see mine answered.

1) Is Porch going to be involved in any way shape or form ? (Now or in the future)

The question about Porch being currently involved is answered in InterNACHI's Free Listing Inspection Program - InterNACHI . Do a search for Porch on that page. I can't rule out that they'll never be involved in the future. Tomorrow they may come out with an offer to pay for pre-listing inspections and ask InterNACHI to administer the offer. We'd certainly consider it. But as of now, no. And that answer is on the FAQ page.
Old 1/3/18, 10:35 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
My question is (as mentioned before) will the program also accept limited major system inspections?
Roof-Plumbing-Electrical-HVAC.
That's an interesting idea. So I don't have an answer for you. Certainly has my attention.
Old 1/3/18, 10:38 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
Still don't like the Home Advisor approach to distributing the request InterNachi receives. Do you have an alternate approach?
I'm quite familiar with Home Advisor. They are our corporate neighbor here in Colorado. Their people have been in my office many times attempting to partner with InterNACHI (we have so far refused). I don't see how their approach to distributing requests is anything like ours. Exact opposite I would say.
Old 1/3/18, 10:40 PM
Active Poster

All caught up to this point folks. Excellent questions!
Need a home inspection in Mississippi? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Mississippi certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/4/18, 10:30 AM
Community Guest

Once the defects are found, the sellers will have to disclose the isses. DId you find in your BETA testing that the sellers were ok with this? IN MArylnad there is a disclose/disclaim in the contract.
Old 1/4/18, 11:11 AM
Active Poster

Quote:
Once the defects are found, the sellers will have to disclose the isses. DId you find in your BETA testing that the sellers were ok with this? IN MArylnad there is a disclose/disclaim in the contract.
Yeah, no problem. Sellers aren't really trying to hide that which is either going to be discovered anyway, or obvious.