Legal Shield offer to InterNACHI members.

http://ifimissitifixit.com/legal-shield/

Nick why do this…aren’t we getting Mark Cohen?

What’s the offer, looks like an inspector’s website…

Kurt Shafer here, Guaranteed Home Inspections. I have posted a web site to make it easy to access Legal Shield. Yes, I am a home inspector. But that has nothing to do with the offer. We all need legal protection. There is no better protection than Legal Shield. Nick has been pro active in giving you the opportunity to take advantage of it. Nick sees the need. You just need to decide if you want to pay $49 a month for unlimited legal help or if you want to take the chance that you might need help and pay $500 an hour for it.

YOUR CALL.

That’s what I thought to. In addition if he still offers it Joe Ferry offers his services for $500 a year = $42 rounded off per month. Catch is don’t call Joe when you have a problem and try to order his $500 package. You have to order it before the problem arises.

Neither Mark Cohen or Joe Ferry can represent home inspectors in legal matters in states where they are not licensed.

Companies offering pre-paid legal services will contract with attorneys from various states forming a network to handle routine out-of-court matters.

I don’t read any offers/deals/discounts made to InterNACHI members. I simply post them for members to assess.

Which four provinces does Guaranteed Home Inspections provide services to?

Canadian provinces covered by Legal Shield are
Ontario
British Columbia
Alberta
Manitoba

I added Joe Ferry to my Legal Shield page to explain the differences.

M Bushart is correct. Some pre-paid services are limited to out-of-court matters. Legal Shield is not. And Legal Shield contracts with top legal firms like Parker Stanbury in Los Angeles.

We know. You can include portions of email as well :wink: hehe

Why did Pre Paid legal change their name to Legal Shield?

Billy, I have no idea why but I prefer the new name.
I must ask you - can I have some of that free start up advice?

I was just curious. Feel free to email or call me anytime my friend.

All, I asked Joe Ferry about this and got a reply from Jared Trexler on his behalf. Here is what he said:

1. ClaimIntercept is a nationwide service - and Joe’s ability to respond on your behalf is not regulated to just states where he’s licensed.
  2. Joe is happy to step in and assist any home inspector who is the subject of a meritless claim. He offers ClaimIntercept as a service for inspectors who want to proactively protect themselves during every home inspection against a reckless client and a possible meritless claim. He offers his service at a rate of $50/month or a one-time yearly payment of $500. He does respond to any meritless claim that comes to his desk, regardless of membership in ClaimIntercept. However, his rate for those not in ClaimIntercept starts at $1500 per claim. By a cost basis, you can see the value in ClaimIntercept, but the service he provides is exactly the same to ClaimIntercept members and non-subscribers.

Kurt - I’m sure that you can appreciate the need for the lawyer who writes a letter to your angry client to be able to back it up, if necessary, by representing you. He can only do this if he is licensed in your state.

For Joe Ferry’s insured clients, he can provide a preemptive service that is allowed to him by the insurance provider that he actually represents. This is probably a benefit to those carrying E&O through that company providing this additional service.

For the rank and file NACHI member, however, Joe Ferry and Marc Cohen will be the very first to tell you that they cannot represent you in a legal matter without being licensed in your state. For example, if one of them were to write your angry client a letter … and the angry client called their bluff and sued you … neither of them could step in, personally, and defend you in court or otherwise backup their letter.

When I personally inquired with my state licensing officials concerning this, they checked into it and informed me that they had contacted Mr. Ferry: “I received a response from Joe Ferry that he does not intend to solicit in Missouri and did not know he had previously solicited in Missouri.” Perhaps you can ask Mr. Trexler if his response to you represents a change and if this service is now being offered/solicited in Missouri. If it is, I would be happy to go back and check for an update and, perhaps, offer a correction to my previous statement.

This is where the inspector would need his own attorney licensed in his own state, IMO … perhaps through a pre-paid service such as the one you represent.

Kurt - I’m sure that you can appreciate the need for the lawyer who writes a letter to your angry client to be able to back it up, if necessary, by representing you in any resulting action. He can only do this if he is licensed in your state. What you described is not necessarily representation as I am referring to it.

For Joe Ferry’s insured clients, he can provide a preemptive service that is allowed to him by the insurance provider that he actually represents. This is probably a benefit to those carrying E&O through that company providing this additional service.

For the rank and file NACHI member, however, Joe Ferry and Marc Cohen will be the very first to tell you that they cannot represent you in a legal matter without being licensed in your state. For example, if one of them were to write your angry client a letter … and the angry client called their bluff and sued you … neither of them could step in, personally, and defend you in court or otherwise backup their letter.

When I personally inquired with my state licensing officials concerning this, they checked into it and informed me that they had contacted Mr. Ferry: “I received a response from Joe Ferry that he does not intend to solicit in Missouri and did not know he had previously solicited in Missouri.” Perhaps you can ask Mr. Trexler if his response to you represents a change and if this service is now being offered/solicited in Missouri. If it is, I would be happy to go back and check for an update and, perhaps, offer a correction to my previous statement.

This is where the inspector would need his own attorney licensed in his own state, IMO … perhaps through a pre-paid service such as the one you represent.

InterNACHI’s Mark Cohen helps defend members who are sued in states where he is not licensed by being admitted as co-counsel with your or your insurance company’s attorney. That’s how we get around the problem of him not being licensed in all 50 states.

Great benefit.