Pocket CO Detector at an unbeatable price: $119.

http://www.nachi.org/poccketco.htm

Nick,

that is a hell of a good price for any type of PP Co meter, my UEI one cost just under $300 dollars and is a bit bulky on the belt, if that is any good that is a bargain.

regards

Gerry

For most applications, 90% accuracy is acceptable and no maintenance is required. On startup, if the self check fails or low battery appears on the display, factory maintenance is required

HHmmmm battery has to be replaced at factory, wonder what the cost of that is

One year (warranted). After one year we will discount your purchase of a new Pocket CO
by sending in the original. This way you may take advantage of the lastest generation of technology.
Pocket CO is warranted to operate for 8 hours per day and 5 days per week for one year
with no replacement of sensor or battery. Pocket CO will last longer with reduced usage.
For example if you use it twice a week for a few hours in flight it may last 2 -3 years…

I ordered one, it should give good service for the price.

Mike,

I think it looks like a good deal, too. Get back to us soon and let us know if you like it or what its limitations are!

Sorry to be so cynical but it sounds more like “that way we get to keep charging you, year after year, like a subscription service”.

What “latest generation”? CO doesn’t change so why should the meters, unless of course they get smaller.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/images/messageicon/cpu.gif

David, believe me the price is very cheap, go look at the price of a UEI co071 which is what I use for personal protection in enclosed spaces with heating equipment, having been knocked unconcious several years ago from a gas boiler venting into the attic space, I think it is the bargain of the year, seriously.

BTW don’t you live in a high heating load state???

Gerry

It actually seems like a great deal. I couldn’t help but notice, however, that its temperature operating range bottoms-out at 32 degrees, F. Assuming you need to zero the little bugger to outside air, can those of us in the frost belt assume it would cag periodically…or worse, permanently? I’m thinking January 27th in Chicago? Perhaps December 30th in Buffalo or Massena? Say, February 8th in Bangor. February 20th in Missoula? Just about any time in International Falls or up in the yoop? Not to mention our friends in the Provinces. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

:mrgreen:

I’ll let everyone know how it works in the frozen Low Country around Charleston :):slight_smile:

I was more kidding than being serious. The price is very good, however I hope they offer a schedule of replacement costs when they go bad. I also wonder if it gives fair warning when the battery is getting low.

I am sure if they made one with batteries that can be replaced they would fly off the shelves. It may be cheap on the short run but on the longer term it may be worth it to go with a pricier unit.

:mrgreen: That explans a lot :mrgreen:

Hi, I saw your Pocket CO comments on this board and thought I would clarify some of the questions. Here are some comments from the inventor:

1] MOST DISPOSABLE TECHNOLOGIES LAST 90 DAYS … THE POCKET CO IS MADE TO LAST A YEAR FOR $129 ($119 NACHI special) … SECOND YEAR AT <1/2 THE ORIGINAL PRICE … EVEN WITH A $300-500 METER YOU NEED TO CALIBRATE AND REPLACE SENSOR PERIODICALLY … WE DO THIS EACH YEAR AND INSURE THAT YOU HAVE A FRESH BATTERY AND CALIBRATION FOR USE THE NEXT YEAR … IF I WERE USING IT TO PROTECT MY LIFE I WOULD WANT A PERIODOC CALIBRATION OR BUMP TEST OF THE DEVICE

2]IN COLD TEMPERATURES WE HAVE USED THE POCKET CO … WHEN IT GOES BELOW 0, WE JUST HOLD IN IN OUR HAND OR POCKET AND IT WARMS UP [SOMETHING YOU CAN’T DO WITH LARGER UNITS … ]…

I look forward to hearing more about how things are working out with Pocket CO. It is truly a breakthrough in detection devices.

Mary Maclay
NACHI special til Feb 14th at www.quantumfields.com/NACHI2006

Update,

Been wearing it in my shirt pocket (camera sits right on top of it!) I turn it on for an 8 hour test cycle prior to the start of each day’s 0900 inspection. Wear it through that and the 1300, haven’t had a reading over 2.

One note, the beep (or beeps) that warn you when readings become high is very quiet, so I find myself pulling it out and checking when I’m looking in a gas forced air unit…

works well so far.