Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Special Deals for InterNACHI Inspectors This forum is a place for InterNACHI home inspectors and vendors to post special discounts and exclusive offers. This forum is publicly visible, but only InterNACHI home inspectors can enjoy the discounts. You must have vendor membership status to post on InterNACHI's deals forum. To become an vendor member, apply today.

Old 4/15/18, 10:26 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: The new Shingle Gauge 2-Piece Sets are out. Every inspector should have the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
It wasn't a poll and there are no keywords in the question. In fact, there is no question.

Home inspectors aren't using ancillary agreements and clauses in Free, Online, Signable Inspection Agreement System - InterNACHI in response to a poll question. They're using them because they sold ancillary inspection services to their clients.
You can really be dense sometimes, but, I know that you know what I meant by my example, and you are just being you, so I will just be me, and walk away from your drivel once again, until I decide to wade in it once again.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

"We Respect Our Clients Right to Privacy"

Need a home inspection in Rhode Island? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Rhode Island certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/15/18, 11:16 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: The new Shingle Gauge 2-Piece Sets are out. Every inspector should have the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonas View Post

Jim... I suspect the 2.2 inspections (in Nick speak) is referring to ALL services performed (kind of like how FL inspectors claim WindMit and 4-Pt's as Home Inspections).
What better way to get a bogus CMI title when you don't perform full home inspections.

Stephen Stanczyk
Washington State Licensed Home Inspector # 221
President, Washington Association of Property Inspectors (WAPI)

RETIRED

Pierce County -Thurston County - King County - Kitsap County
Old 4/16/18, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstanczyk View Post
What better way to get a bogus CMI title when you don't perform full home inspections.
But Steve... it's all about the "knowledge" and "experience", not how many one has actually performed!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

Old 4/16/18, 9:05 AM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
But Steve... it's all about the "knowledge" and "experience", not how many one has actually performed!
I've done more than I can ever remember..

InterNACHI Lifetime Member.
www.1stproinspection.com
roy@1stproinspection.com
Serving Gainesville Florida and surrounding areas.
Florida Certified Contractor #CRC1328001
Florida Certified Home Inspector #HI7019
Deus solus me iudicare potest
#1st Pro Inspection
Old 4/16/18, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewis5 View Post
I've done more than I can ever remember..
Guilty conscience?

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

Old 4/16/18, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Guilty conscience?
I don't have one.

InterNACHI Lifetime Member.
www.1stproinspection.com
roy@1stproinspection.com
Serving Gainesville Florida and surrounding areas.
Florida Certified Contractor #CRC1328001
Florida Certified Home Inspector #HI7019
Deus solus me iudicare potest
#1st Pro Inspection
Old 4/16/18, 6:46 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
Tats what I was guessing. So basically that statistic is just a guess at best, and no actual verifiable stats exist to validate that 2.2 number you made up ?

To bad no actual real statistics exist for this. I would be greatly interested in seeing them as our biz model is based heavily on ancillary services over standard inspections.
No, it's derived from real data. Why would a home inspector send their client a radon or mold agreement or whatever to sign if the inspector hasn't been hired to do those extra inspections. I'm not following you.

Plenty of other data to support the contention that home inspectors do as many or more ancillary inspections as they do home inspections.

Last edited by gromicko; 4/16/18 at 6:49 PM..
Old 4/16/18, 7:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Quote:
No, it's derived from real data. Why would a home inspector send their client a radon or mold agreement or whatever to sign if the inspector hasn't been hired to do those extra inspections. I'm not following you.

Plenty of other data to support the contention that home inspectors do as many or more ancillary inspections as they do home inspections.

Originally Posted by gromicko
Since the average inspector performs 2.2 inspections per client, most services home inspectors provide are outside a residential SOP.

So you still have not provided any actual data, just your opinion and hypothetical statistical percentage. If I am wrong, then just show the data that shows that percentage ?

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia License#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 4/16/18, 8:58 PM

Quote:

I include the home inspection and whatever ancillary inspections they may want to add-on All in One agreement.
Old 4/16/18, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewis5 View Post
I don't have one.
Conscience. Yea, we know. You show it in every post you make!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

Old 4/16/18, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeilson View Post
So you still have not provided any actual data, just your opinion and hypothetical statistical percentage. If I am wrong, then just show the data that shows that percentage ?
Jim
There is no hard, fast, data. Unless someone uses the NACHI system to send out contracts, there is no data available for inspectors. And if NACHI is pulling information off contracts sent on their system, that is another, much bigger issue. Theft of proprietary information if you ask me.

Jeff Pope, a very busy inspector, doesn't post his. I sure don't post mine. I know of a number of large, multi-inspection local firms that don't post their data. It doesn't exist except in Nick's wild imagination.

Stephen Stanczyk
Washington State Licensed Home Inspector # 221
President, Washington Association of Property Inspectors (WAPI)

RETIRED

Pierce County -Thurston County - King County - Kitsap County
Old 4/17/18, 12:33 AM

32$?

David Tearle
(425) 786-7680
Serving the Greater Seattle Area

www.bellevuehomeinspectors.com
www.stepbystephomeinspections.com

Let us help you step into your new home!
Old 4/17/18, 3:00 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
There is no hard, fast, data. Unless someone uses the NACHI system to send out contracts
Correct. We don't know what members who don't use our free online agreement system, our FetchReport system, the Buy Back program, our energy scoring program, our insurance program, our free report review service, our BizVelop system or our free issue resolution service do. That is true. It's possible, but unlikely, that our samples aren't representative of the industry.

Perhaps inspectors who don't use ANY of our tools are also inspectors who don't offer ANY ancillary services. I can't imagine why that would be true, but I suppose it is a possibility.

Last edited by gromicko; 4/17/18 at 3:15 PM..
Need a home inspection in Rhode Island? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Rhode Island certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/17/18, 3:05 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
And if NACHI is pulling information off contracts sent on their system, that is another, much bigger issue. Theft of proprietary information if you ask me.
We never pull (scrape) information off contracts or reports or anything. And of course InterNACHI never releases member of client information to anyone, ever.

We do look at what inspectors are offering (we create most of the inspection brochures in the inspection industry and offer 45 ancillary inspection certifications). And we watch what consumers are ordering with our programs. And stand-alone home inspections are becoming rare. Fewer inspectors offer solely home inspections (no other inspection services), and fewer consumers are ordering merely home inspections.

I can also tell you the up and coming ancillary service.... sewer scoping. Now is it going to be as big as radon testing is in some areas or mold testing in some areas? Probably not. But it's becoming a very common inspection in the Denver area.

Last edited by gromicko; 4/17/18 at 3:32 PM..
Old 4/17/18, 5:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

So basically it is what I thought, just a guestimate, (at best) made up stat with no real data backing it up.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia License#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.