Alden E Gibson R.H.I.

I Wonder can we hope that all the errors posted here get corrected .
…Cookie
[RIGHT]](javascript:printWindow())****[RIGHT]Posted February 13, 2008[/RIGHT]
[/RIGHT]
http://www.exchangemagazine.com/morningpost/2008/week7/Wednesday/011317.html____________________
**Recognition from Peers

Alden E Gibson R.H.I. of Breslau, Ontario, Receives Special Service Award From American Society of Home Inspectors**

BRESLAU, Ontario – Alden E. Gibson R.H.I., a seasoned home inspector and founder of Inspections by Gibson in Breslau, Ontario, has been awarded the 2007 Special Service Award from the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
The award, which recognizes Gibson’s efforts to unite the American and Canadian home inspection industries, was announced by the Society in New Orleans, La., at InspectionWorld, the premiere annual conference of professional home inspectors.

Gibson is lauded by his peers for “strengthening the bond between two nations’ inspectors” as the Canadian liaison to ASHI and the ASHI Canadian Task Force chair.
In recent years, his determination to bring together the two groups has contributed to significant membership growth, which has doubled since 2005.

And, this isn’t the first time Gibson’s achievements have been recognized by ASHI. Gibson received the 2004 Special Service Award and, in 2007, he became the first Canadian to be elected to the ASHI Board of Directors. He has held various leadership positions with the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors as well.

Gibson; whose business serves customers in Kitchener, Waterloo and Southern Ontario, has been a professional home inspector since the early
1990s

[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Actually Allan Carson was the first Canadian President of ASHI several years ago. So the article is factually incorrect as Alden being the first Cdn. Director.

Alden has doubled the Ont Ashi membership to about 20! I was formerly and ASHI member but gave it up when I realized just how little they did for Canadian Members.

Just to set the recrord straight,I am the first Canadian to serve on the ASHI board of directors,I did so for 8 years,the second canadian was Moe Madsen
Harry Janssen:)

Thanks Harry I new there was some errors on this ,Interesting how things come about .
Great to hear from you .
You have so much knowledge please do not hesitate to share I am sure you have many who visit who admire you Including me .
Always enjoyed visiting and Talking with you and Charters Kenny .

…Cookie

He also was not around in the early 90’s, at that time only three inspectors were working in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and he was not one of them.
Wolf