Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Local Inspection Issues > Canadian Home Inspectors

Notices

Canadian Home Inspectors This is a place for Canadian InterNACHI inspectors and other home inspectors in Canada to discuss local home inspection topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4/24/14, 12:37 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: CAHPI denies permission for a dual member to use InterNACHI's Marketing Dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwood View Post
I believe it was back about 10 years that the Cahpi BC thought they had a strangle hold on Home Inspectors. So yes it is old but the same crap goes on today.
Spanning over years you would think they would have learned by now to "Make It Right."
Opps!!! I forgot that is mighty Mikes line. LOL
Trust me.

Licensing fixes nothing.

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Need a home inspection in Quebec? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Quebec certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/24/14, 12:47 PM
Banned

Please Note: kwood is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: CAHPI denies permission for a dual member to use InterNACHI's Marketing Dept.

Holly crap Batman!!! I have to agree.

Last edited by kwood; 4/24/14 at 1:31 PM..
Old 4/24/14, 2:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to clawrenson

As pointed out - this is an aged video (news report). One of many reasons why licensing was pushed in BC.

On another note - I did not see or did not hear of any mention of the inspector being a member of CAHPI, or matter of fact any other home inspection association. In fact there are other similar type reports out there, that make a number of associations look questionable; not to forget about the "condition" of any person performing a home inspection.

Would it not simply be more professional to stop this constant bickering and in particular personal attacks? Especially while others are watching and perhaps taking notes!

Cheers, Claude Lawrenson NACHI03121515
Inspection Support Services Inc.
"Those who can do. Those who CARE teach" and truly understand What do teachers make ?

Last edited by clawrenson; 4/24/14 at 6:17 PM..
Old 4/24/14, 3:11 PM
Banned

Please Note: kwood is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

I have no mercy for any Association not approved by InterNachi. I have even less mercy for copy cats.
Old 4/24/14, 4:22 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwood View Post
I have no mercy for any Association not approved by InterNachi. I have even less mercy for copy cats.

You obviously did not grasp the content of Claude's post...

Much better to try to find a positive solution rather than firing pot-shots at each other.
Old 4/24/14, 4:31 PM
Banned

You obviously did not understand my post either. Nick and Ben does and that is all that matters to me.
Old 4/25/14, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Stephan Tremblay writes: She sure is a piece of work. I tried to describe her accurately but this message board automatically replaces my terms for her with "*****." In all these years, I never never referred to anyone using words that were so bad that our message board auto-moderated them. She has the distinction of being the first. What a miserable ****.
Helen's problem seems to be that she treats CAHPI BC more like a corporate business than a trade association. She wants to dominate the industry, much like Pepsi or McDonalds, instead of providing her members with benefits that will directly influence their individual success. The way I read it, she seems to think that padding the corporate account by running a dictatorship is much more important than her members business interests.

I agree Nick. What a ****.
Old 4/25/14, 8:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawrenson View Post
As pointed out - this is an aged video (news report). One of many reasons why licensing was pushed in BC.

On another note - I did not see or did not hear of any mention of the inspector being a member of CAHPI, or matter of fact any other home inspection association. In fact there are other similar type reports out there, that make a number of associations look questionable; not to forget about the "condition" of any person performing a home inspection.

Would it not simply be more professional to stop this constant bickering and in particular personal attacks? Especially while others are watching and perhaps taking notes!
Exactly.... Well said

Cheers

Doug Cossar
InterNachi Lifetime Member
National Home Inspector NHICC00503
905-213 7739
Retired and living the dream!
Old 4/25/14, 7:08 PM
InterNACHI Member

It seems that the attack and counter attacks between capi and InterNACHI continues.
However AlbertaACHI bylaws do not say anything about membership in other associations and I would suggest that trying to do so would violate the Canadian bill of rights guaranteeing freedom of association.
Secondly I would fight any association that tries to restrick my membership simply because I choose to join another association.

After reviewing all the other standards that were previously approved I can say that the CCHI certifications is the best of the lot. All of you CCHI's can be proud of that fact and can truthfully say and advertize that you are the best trained and most qualified Home Inspectors in Alberta and Ontario.
When you are the best most qualified why would you want to spend your hard earned money on a lower level training and certification program.

Vern Mitchinson_CCHI_CMI
Registar
AlbertaACHI
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors of Canada
Old 4/25/14, 11:33 PM

Vern:
It seems that the attack and counter attacks between capi and InterNACHI continues.
However AlbertaACHI bylaws do not say anything about membership in other associations and I would suggest that trying to do so would violate the Canadian bill of rights guaranteeing freedom of association.
Secondly I would fight any association that tries to restrick my membership simply because I choose to join another association.

Well said Vern.
Old 4/25/14, 11:34 PM
Active Poster

CAHPI isn't thinking things out here. www.marketing.nachi.org is now the largest design/marketing/printing operation in the inspection industry. We were printing marketing pieces with the CAHPI logo on them and were charging CAHPI nothing. Our member's brochures are everywhere and we're printing more by the millions. The brochures promote both CAHPI and their members for free. They should be sending us thank-you notes instead of trying to stop us.

Last edited by gromicko; 4/25/14 at 11:39 PM..
Old 4/25/14, 11:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ryoung7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarrio View Post
Nick,
I am not a Canadian but....... I want to sincerely thank you for all of your good, hard work! I am very, very proud of you!

You are one of the hardest working individuals that I know and I truly admire you for trying to make InterNachi the Premier home inspectors Association not only in North America but in the entire world!

That being said..... All of your hard work is being sabotaged, and subverted on this very thread! If I were a government official or a member CAPHI who is reading this thread and seeing all the vile and vulgar comments on this thread I would think long and hard about doing any business with InterNachi! I would consider the vulgar comments to be a "representation on the heart and mentality of this Association" and as a government employee or a member of CAPHI I would immediately distance myself from this Association.
Question....... if the members treat each other this way...... how can "an outsider" expect any different? The answer is obvious!

On another thread you said you were going to "clean house". I think that that time is rapidly approaching.
Gentleman...... with all due respect….if you truly care about this Association and deep down in your hearts if you think that you are truly a "Professional" and if you think you are the solution and "not the problem" please act according.
Regards, Frank
here here Frank.
Clean house Nick.
To many paying for 5 or 6!

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
The best home inspection offers value and service.
Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands."
http://montreal-home-inspection-services.com
http://home-inspection-companies.com
Old 4/26/14, 1:36 AM
Active Poster

She's a cancer on our profession. I have to figure a way to cut her out and throw her into the incinerator. She needs to find a new job in some other industry. I'm working on that.
Need a home inspection in Quebec? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Quebec certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/26/14, 3:15 AM

Agreed. She'd be better off managing a bank branch somewhere instead of trying to capitalize on something she is not personally attached to.

Imagine if she did one-tenth of the work that Nick does to help his members. She'd be an even bigger ****.

BTW- Is CanNACHI still around? Haven't heard of them in about 2 years. I figured they stepped back to focus on their school
Old 4/26/14, 6:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ryoung7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stremblay View Post

BTW- Is CanNACHI still around? Haven't heard of them in about 2 years. I figured they stepped back to focus on their school
Yep.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
The best home inspection offers value and service.
Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands."
http://montreal-home-inspection-services.com
http://home-inspection-companies.com