Cam Allen Kingston Meeting - Nov. 24

On Saturday Morning, November 24th the Kingston Committee welcomes " ALL HI’s " to a quality training meeting. The speakers are;
Shaun McFie; Master Electrician and director of the Electrical Contractors
Assn. Shawn will be speaking on old wiring systems and panel defects. Shaun owns one of the largest electrical firms in Kingston.
Oscar Warren; Regional Investigator for the TSSA. Oscar will be speaking on how the TSSA regulations apply to oil and gas installations and a general outline as to how they investigate complaints.
John McEwan; Former owner of Eastern Ontario Foundations and author the the CMHC booklet on block foundations. John will be speaking on water and block basements, including drainage and block problems.

9;00-10;00- Shaun McFie
10;00-1015 coffee break
10;15 to 11;15- Oscar Warren
11;15-11;30 coffee break
11;30 to 12;30 John McEwan

Each speaker is preparing a half hour-45 minute talk and then we will
answer quesitons. We have designed this as a “round table” type of open
format so eveyone is comfortable to ask questions and can benefit from the speakers knowledge. This will count as three education credits for CAHPI Members. I would expect that ASHI & NACHI will also recognize this for credits.

The meeting will be held at the Ambassador Hotel on Princess Street in
Kingston. If you are coming from out of town take the Sydenham Road Exit
south to Princess Street. Turn left and the Hotel is on the right just over
the train overpass. We are meeting in the Toronto Room on the second floor.

There will be a continental breakfast served at 8;30.
In order to have a record of education credits preprinted so you can
take it with you, please confirm your attendance by e-mail to me at;
cam.allen@sympatico.ca… remember… THIS IS AN OPEN MEETING FOR ALL HI’s …I will see the coffee is ready!

Cam Allen

Cam told me there is no Charge for this meeting .
Many do not know Cam a few years ago had many meetings and he was the person who paid for these meetings .
He did it to help all inspectors .
… Cookie

The reason I ask is because Mr. Lloyd has stated unequivocally that there will be a fee, even though OAHI is incurring no cost(s) for this event.

BTW if OAHI hasn’t been able to provide the membership ALL year with quarterly financial reports or the 2006 budget one must ask where the money is going honey?

Cam is to be praised for building bridges, his removal as a director speaks volumes about OAHI myopic self centred iron fisted rule.

Thanks Cam!

Considering the past performance of the principals, you should be looking for the hidden agenda. Attend at your own risk.

I expect it will go very well Thanks Geo.
… Cookie

Keep your eyes open.

Close to your place why not come I expect many of your friends will be there too. …
… Cookie

George

I think some very good opportunities may be had by those that can make the meeting.

cheers,

Exactly this should be a very educational meeting.
… Cookie

I am afraid that attendance will be taken as support for some other developments and agendas that are happening behind the scenes. Unless an inspector wants his / her name tied to a reported revolution, that inspector should be very wary of whom he is seen to stand with. Actions speak louder than words.

No one will be subject to any form of discipline for the simple reason the body with all the power is slowly falling apart. They can no longer claim to be in control or have any power base considering the obvious dereliction of their duties.

Besides Nachi members who show up are not under the influence of the association of record.

** Kingston Regional Meeting Group** Upcoming Meeting
[size=1] [size=1]Date & Time : 11/24/2007, 9:00 a.m. Agenda : On Saturday Morning, November 24th the Kingston Committee welcomes" ALL HI’s" to a quality training meeting. The speakers are: Shaun McFie; Master Electrician and director of the Electrical Contractors Assn. Shawn will be speaking on old wiring systems and panel defects.Shaun owns one of the largest electrical firms in Kingston.Oscar Warren; Regional Investigator for the TSSA. Oscar will be speaking on how the TSSA regulations apply to oil and gas installations and a general outline as to how they investigate complaints. John McEwan; Former owner of Eastern Ontario Foundations and author of the CMHC booklet on block foundations. John will be speaking on water and block basements, including drainage and block problems.

9:00 - 10:00 Shaun McFie
10:00 - 10:15 coffee break
10:15 - 11:15 Oscar Warren
11:15 - 11:30 coffee break
11:30 - 12:30 John McEwan

Each speaker is preparing a half hour-45 minute talk and then we will answer questions. We have designed this as a “round table” type of open format so everyone is comfortable to ask questions and can benefit from the speakers knowledge. This will count as three education credits for OAHI/CAHPI-Ontario Members. I would expect that ASHI & NACHI will also recognize this for credits.

The meeting will be held at the Ambassador Hotel on Princess Street in Kingston. If you are coming from out of town take the Sydenham Road Exit south to Princess Street. Turn left and the Hotel is on the right just over the train overpass. We are meeting in the Toronto Room on the second floor. There will be a continental breakfast served at 8:30.

In order to have a record of education credits preprinted so you can take it with you, please confirm your attendance by e-mail to me at; cam.allen@sympatico.ca Remember, in keeping with the Policy of all day seminars all non-members of OAHI/CAHPI-Ontario will be required to pay a $50.00 plus GST fee to OAHI/CAHPI-Ontario. This fee will be returned to the Kingston Regional Meeting Group to use for promotion of its members or paying for speakers etc.

I will see the coffee is ready!

**Where :**                                 Ambassador Hotel on Princess Street in Kingston                                                                                                                        **Map :**                                                                      [Click for Map](http://www.mapquest.ca/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=1550+Princess+Street&city=Kingston&state=on&zipcode=)                                                                                                                                                     **Contacts :**                                 Cam Allen, RHI - cam.allen@sympatico.ca[/size][/size]

Contrary what is posted above meeting/seminar is FREE!

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE!
If in doubt email Cam and he will confirm its free!

“free”?
So is this an OAHI sanctioned event? Or will attendee numbers be used as ammunition in the attempt to destroy OAHI?

The reality is that OAHI resources are not being used for this meeting. OAHI is not paying for the room, the projector the PA system nor any handouts. OAHI is in no position to be dictating anything given the gravity of the misfeasance, and their illegal removal of a director legally elected.
The ammo to destroy Oahi is not in anyones hands but the hands of Oahi members in Kingston and they will be the ones to legally decide the outcome.

"The ammo to destroy Oahi is not in anyones hands but the hands of Oahi members in Kingston and they will be the ones to legally decide the outcome"

Ray, this is exactly what I meant. Unless an attendee is willing to be associated with the break-up of OAHI and be seen as lending their support to this questionable cause, they had better think twice. And this applies to non members too. We all have an iron in this fire. Frankly, if I was a member of OAHI I would have a vested interest ( all those membership fees) in seeing the organization fixed not destroyed by a bunch of self promoters.

But then I am not a member! :mrgreen:
</IMG>

George:

People have been trying to ‘fix’ OAHI for a long time, but there are some who refuse to come out of the past and insist on running the organization as their own fiefdom. There are a couple right now on the OAHI Board of Directors who want to bring it back to good health but I think they are outnumbered.

If OAHI is indeed going to fail (and I doubt that) it will implode from within, not because of any other association or people attacking it. It is financially healthy and has a strong enough nucleas to endure.

Bill Mullen

Bill

We don’t know its financially healthy as no one has seen any proof to the contrary for over a year and in violation of the bylaws.

That is why a forensic audit is required. The BOD doesn’t have any problems wasting money on travel and gifts and other expenditures, why would they have a problem spending approx. $15 for an audit?

Regards,

Bill

We don’t know its financially healthy as no one has seen any proof to the contrary for over a year and in violation of the bylaws.

That is why a forensic audit is required. The BOD doesn’t have any problems wasting money on travel and gifts and other expenditures, why would they have a problem spending approx. $15K for an audit? Besides they just increased membeship dues again, and what assurances are the members getting in return that the money is being spent wisely? Na da. :wink:

Regards,

Bill;

This may sound odd coming from me, as I have not been a friend of OAHI since Cam Allen showed me how it was run, but I hope you are right. Maybe for what you would view as the wrong reasons, but I don’t want to see such a large and reasonable successful H.I organization destroyed for the sake of a few egos. I would hope that saner heads might prevail and fix what is broken.
George