Canadian Home Inspectors Training Centre.

http://www.canadianhomeinspectortraining.com

Nick.I am always game for more training but the site I just opened leaves allot of ?s.

Does this help?
Redirecting...

Yes!!!

Toronto does not need any advanced training they need basic training first. From what I have seen it makes these ones feel that the training they do allows them a edge in Home Inspection.
Not if they can’t get the first part right. Whoever this is doing it may have the skills but that is not what 2 veterans have seen from the very first page of the website. That is not good because we have not even opened the training.

We appreciate all the input and here is what is happening. The first class is already set. There will be changes and growth along the way. Our courses will get more advanced as time goes on and our website is clearly new and under construction. Just as Rome was not built in one day neither is a great inspector or school. We are working very very hard at doing the best we can. We choose to look at all of this in a positive light and will be moving forward as planned. We are even planning on some hands on learning and plenty of student input and interaction: thanks for the input but please understand we are working on it.

Who is we?

Me and my business partner/former teacher at the other school. John Wright. Special Thank you to Nick Gromicko, Nathan Thornberry, ProLab, RecallChek and Home Inspector Pro for all your support, backing and special deals for our students. It is because of all of you that we will succeed and grow in a direction positive to the industry.

Raises more questions then it answers. I understand this venture is new and all, but having ALL your information online first before posting the website address to InterNACHI may have been a better idea. Just sayin’

John Wright does not qualify for advanced training.

A new onslaught of “basic” inspectors trained in “approx” 6 days.

You are all awesome! Thanks for the support and positive input as always on the MB.

So was P. Nathan Thornberry.

Just wondering under you’re keys to success you state that you are: " We’re real Master Home Inspectors who are passionate about helping others achieve their goals." Also observed your credentials on your website, so you joined Nachi in the summer of 2012, you are already a CMI and you are teaching home inspection?
Do you have what it takes to become a
Certified Master Inspector®?

Every Certified Master Inspector® must:

1. have completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of education (combined);
  2. have been in the inspection business for at least three years;
  3. agree to abide by the inspection industry’s toughest Code of Ethics;
  4. agree to periodic criminal background checks; and
  5. submit the application and the one-time fee (no annual dues, ever).

I live in Ontario Canada! I am confused as to if I am getting the proper training? I am getting maps of the US. Building codes from the US. and 99% of the information refers to the United States. It there training for Canada or is this it? Thanks Dennis:(

No! You can also find any question by down loading the new OBC and the new Deck codes. Just remember that some of the current training lags behind the learning curve, so you are best to learn the difference between what is required in your jurisdiction. Everything you take will be based on older info from Carson Dunlop and that too is far behind.

Are you guys talking about the InterNACHI courses?

No! At least I am talking about Carson Dunlop.

Thanks for clarifying Kevin. Hopefully Dennis will post again to let us know what courses he is taking. Since Carson Dunlop is a Canadian company that provides course materials to many Ontario colleges, it doesn’t really make sense that “99% of the information” in their courses would refer to the United States.

Are there any issues with Canadian content, or a lack thereof, in the InterNACHI courses? I’m assuming their largest market is in the US, and their American members probably don’t want to read about Canadian standards, building codes, etc.

Codes aren’t something home inspectors should be quoting. Furthermore, there aren’t that many difference in construction between the U.S. and Canada. And even furthermore, we note them where/when we know about them.

The “Inter” in “InterNACHI” stands for International.