CMHC event of interest to home inspectors

to InterNACHI

CMHC is hosting the third national EQuilibrium™ Housing Forum, October 23rd to 24th, 2012 in Vancouver, BC. We believe the event will be of interest to your members and greatly appreciate any assistance you are able to provide by getting the word out via newsletter, web calendar or other social media.

True Stories: Sustainability in Action” will provide in-depth information, analysis and discussion on some of the most sustainable houses ever designed and built in Canada. The goal of the Forum is to share lessons learned from four EQuilibrium™ Housing projects: Harmony House, in Burnaby, BC; The Green Dream Home, in Kamloops, BC; the EchoHaven project in Calgary, AB; and the Urban Ecology project in Winnipeg, MB.

Forum attendees will learn true stories directly from the builder teams about the challenges they faced and opportunities they realized in designing and delivering their projects.

In addition, the Now House EQuilibrium™ Housing retrofit project in Toronto by The Now House Project Inc. will be presented in a free public lecture event on the evening of October 24th. Plus, attendees can participate in a guided tour of the Harmony House project with the builder team and homeowners, on the morning of October 25th.

CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS NOW AVAILABLE!

We are pleased to offer the following Continuing Education Credits:

EQuilibriumTM Housing Forum (full 2-day Forum attendance required)
10 AIBC Core LUs; 2 AIBC Non-core LUs
12.75 PIBC Organized LUs
Additional Learning Units available for attendance at the following events

Public Lecture: “The Now House® EQuilibriumTM Housing Retrofit and Beyond,” October 24, 2012
2 AIBC Core LUs
2 PIBC Organized LUs

Harmony House EQuilibriumTM Housing Project Tour, October 25, 2012
2 AIBC Core LUs
1.0 PIBC Organized LUs

For a full event description, agenda and schedule please visit:

http://www.cmhc.ca/en/inpr/su/eqho/eqhofo/index.cfm

Please let us know if you require further information.

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards,

Lance

REGISTER NOW for the 2012 EQuilibriumTM Housing Forum, October 23-24, 2012 in Vancouver.
“True Stories: Sustainability in Action” is the premier event providing in-depth information, analysis and discussion on some of the most sustainable houses ever built in Canada.

Lance Jakubec
Sr. Consultant, Research and Information Transfer
BC - Research & Information Transfer
Phone: (604) 737-4095 | Fax: (604) 714-3701
Email: ljakubec@cmhc-schl.gc.ca
1111 West Georgia, Suite 200, -, Vancouver, BC
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
www.cmhc.ca

Thanks for posting this Nick!

I received my CMHC pre listings invitation 2 weeks ago.
November 20, 2012, 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m… Palais des congrès de Montréal
Looking for a Montreal INACHI member to attend. and wear the INACHI logo’s and market ones self.

Audience: Architects/Engineers, Builders/Renovators, Inspectors, Investors, Manufacturers, Mortgage Lenders or Brokers, Non-Profit Organizations, Planners, Policy Analysts, Property Managers, Real Estate Brokers, Residential Appraiser.

To bad 2 members do not like me marketing myself under the INACHI umbrella.

Even money says they are ( http://www.phpic.ca/home.php?lang=en ).

This is the secret self appointed group who seem to use NACHI to get their information out .
The secret part is what bothers me the most.

Roy I have been saying that for some time and even feeling its effects when I try to move INACHI Quebec members forward.
Shame.