Coming to Canada

Reminder to all our southern friends if you want to fly into Canada you need a Pass Port to get home after next January.

If you do not wish to get a passPort you can fly to Buffalo and drive into Canada for one more year.

There has been talk about a travel document like a credit Card but thats all.
Hope to meet you all next may .

Go here for up to date Information .

• http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html
  • December 31, 2006: Requirement applied to all air and sea travel to or from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.
  • December 31, 2007: Requirement extended to all land border crossings as well as air and sea travel.
    For more information, please visit the State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov](http://www.travel.state.gov/) or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website at www.dhs.gov. To apply for a passport, U.S. citizens can visit www.travel.state.gov or call the U.S. Passport Office at 1-877-4USA-PPT or TDD/TYY: 1-888-874-7793. Foreign nationals should contact their respective governments to obtain passports.

Cookie
here is some more info[FONT=Arial]
Under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)
The proposed implementation timeline has two phases:

*]Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.
[/FONT]

See you in May Roy …thanks for the info.

As a special convention offer I will pick up any of our American cousins on the south shore of the St Lawrence river in my canoe and give them a scenic five hour tour of the thousand islands ending at an undisclosed location on the Canadian side for just $1350. (U.S.) paid in advance. You will not require a passport, or any identification for that matter.

NOTE; The tour will be leaving the south shore at about 1:00 A.M. so if you wish to enjoy the beautiful views of the islands bring night vision goggles. Oh yes, and swim fins too (just in case). By special arrangement with Nick, this ‘course’ through the islands is worth 5 C.E.U.'s

LOL
George are you a Mohawk?

The reason I ask if your not I think they’ll be pretty pi$$ed you using their smuggling routes. LOL :wink:

No
George is just an entrepenuer.
Larry

George is just funning you .
The river in that area needs a pretty good boat to get across as the current runs at 6 to 8 knots and may Eddie currents and back currents.
Knowing the area I had a good laugh.
George has a wonderful sense of humour and I love it …
As well the US Coast guard is very observent

Cookie

George,

Make sure you put the drain plug in the transom this time. Remember last time you picked up those hot cigarettes from the Mohawks, they were ruined when the boat sank. Its pretty difficult to smoke wet fags!

Great. I was counting on Ray and Roy to do the paddling while Gerry collected the money.

“Steerage passengers will debark now. First class passengers will debark at the dock in one half hour.”:shock:
</IMG>

What is the weather like in May in Toronto?

It is great Many blossoms still on the trees Rain season is past and the water in the lakes and rivers are just A little to cold to swim yet.
If a person has time I would add a couple of days to enjoy southern Ontario Much to see and do, will have a Larger post for early January Niagara Falls is under 2 hours from here ,
Look forward to seeing many of our southern friends Northern too.
Many people do not realize the southern part of Ontario is further south than 1/3 of the USA not counting Alaska .

Cookie

True, but many of us think that Maryland is the most Northern state we have, and everything above that is tundra! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not Nice I love but still Not Nice.

Cookie

If you come early you can walk across the ice and save money.