Commercial Course in March

Greater Kingston Area Chapter is looking to see who is interested in doing a two day commercial inspection course and water sample course for march 2008.
I am working the dates right now but I need to find out if there is enough interest in bringing to course to Kingston, ON.
We have lots of Hotels, Motels, and an Airport as well.
2.5 hrs north of Syracuse NY
2.0 hrs East of Toronto
2.0 Hrs South of Ottawa
3.0 hrs west of Montreal

I’ll have a hotel group rate set for those need accomadations.

With 35-40 people I can get the cost around $199.00 InterNACHI member and $225.00 non member
course would be open to all home inspectors

Let me know what think

you can count me in

You could count me in, if it is near the middle to end of March. The wife goes to Orlando for a corporate managers meeting for 4 days at the beginning of March for 4 days and I need to watch the kids. Got to do what we got to do!

Count me in.

Will you have mail.

ok the list has started, just waiting on joe to firm up the dates for march with me. were going to try for March 8 and 9, the first saturday and sunday.
I am hoping this will meet most people scheduale and make for easiest time off the field.

Cost will be 190.00 for members and 225.00 for non members, all Home Inspectors are welcome to attend.
email me at wdevries@on.nachi.org or msg me here call 613 561 5327 to speak with me.
Let’s make this a great training weekend, Joe Farsetta is an awsome instructor, the Atlanta and Ohio classes were packed and the course’s were excellent.

Venue will be Ambassador Convention Center, just off the 401, sydenham rd exit.
exact times will follow once Joe and myself have the scheduale worked out.

lots of views, we need RSVP to get this in Kingston, or it’s only gonna be state side.
This is an OPEN training session for all Home Inspectors do not miss this advantage to take a training course with Joe Farsetta, he is an incredable instructor

Check out this link
http://on.nachi.org/greaterkingstonarea/event254.html

Count me in Bill. How can we pay in advance?

http://on.nachi.org/greaterkingstonarea/event254.html

follow the link and it brings you to the paypal section

I’m in Will!!!

If anyone needs to review the ASTM Standards E2018-01 E-Mail me at torontohomeinspector@yahoo.com

I just signed up, Bil. It’ll be nice to spend a couple days with you folks.

BTW, when you pay there is a ‘shipping and handling’ charge of $ 9.50. Does that mean we will be receiving some advance material? If not, what is that charge for?

Thanks

Bill Mullen
Sarnia

William , do you know what the room rates are for the hotel?

I will have room rates for the group as well for those interested a fantastic Greek dinner show at an amazing restaurant here in town, true authentic greek dinner served over three hours all you can stuff in your belly for 25.oo per person

Remember guys, this will be a 2-day event. Day 2 is Certified Well Sampler.

Remember guys this **well **course for your education only .

In Canada wells are handled by qualified well people only ,
This is seperate from home inspections.

To do it up here you have to be a “licensed well technician” under the Ministry of the Environment under Provincial regulation.

…Cookie

Roy

You have to have a licence for well construction and repair in Ontario. Of course anyone can take a well water sample, you don’t have to be licenced to do that.

Yes but the training required for a sample is read the directions .

This course offered is an all day course .

…Cookie

Bump

http://on.nachi.org/greaterkingstonarea
Please see the Events page

Updated Information On hotel Venue and group rates for NACHI Group
Toll free number to make your reservations.
I was looking at the rooms today there nice and clean and large as well.
Wireless throught the hotel which is an added bonus.
I was checking into a greek restaraunt for dinner if anyone is interested, or there’s a Lone Star Cafe right next door for some TexMex.

Register early people there are limited seating for this course,

The well class is unlike any other. We go over everything from aquifer to disease vectors. We discuss well construction, operation, equipment functionality, and evaluation/inspection techniques.

Most importantly, most people dont understand what can go wrong with wells and well water, or how to coach a client as to which tests may be necessary. Many also have no idea how to keep themselves out of trouble, even when they arent called on to take a sample.

As to sampling ans handling, there are specific critera for handling and holding times based solely on the type of tests that are being run.

One of my students owns a large water testing facility in Maine. He told me that he believes that EVERY inspector should take this course. He went further. Heres his quote:

Read the directions? I dont think so.