Dave Bottoms is shy

It looks like Great Brition has done the same as OAHI/CAHPI is doing , Take our courses become a Home Inspector .The success rate is extremly low.
I wonder why Dave Bottoms who has so much to say about NACHI is very shy about saying any thing about OAHI & CAHPI with there many wrong doings .
OAHI is not giving the members answers about their finiacial dificulties or why they continue to push people to take their expensive courses.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=845&ArticleID=1659276
HOMES: Victims of Govt info pack U-turn
A CITY businesswoman has taken up the cause of hundreds of people in the region who have been left high and dry by a Government U-turn.

The mandatory home seller’s pack was trumpeted as the cure for all ills related to home buying and selling by the Government.

People were encouraged to go out and train as home inspectors, which many did at a cost of thousands of pounds.
Last week the Government decided to scrap a key part of the home seller’s pack.

Now Estate agent Linda Gray has written to Housing Minister Yvette Cooper demanding answers about what she thinks people, some of whom have re-mortgaged their homes to pay for the training, were expected to do and how the Government planned to compensate them.

The mum of two is also asking for a meeting with the Minister so she can explain how scrapping the central part of the mandatory information packs has affected people.

When Mrs Gray posted a copy of her letter to the housing minister on a home inspection internet site, she received a flood of complaints from people who had completed the training course, but now feared for their future.

Mrs Gray runs Grays Homes, in Broadway, Peterborough, where two employees have trained as home condition inspectors, skills they have acquired for a job that is now no longer required.

She said: "The Government U-turn and the postponing of the mandatory reports will mean uncertainly for around 4,500 people who have trained to be inspectors.

"It costs about £9,500 to complete the course and most people have had to re-mortgage their homes to put themselves through it.

"Whether you agree with the idea of the reports or not, this U-turn will cause financial hardship for many people.

"My son, Simon, has left his job after 10 years to start training next month to find it might not go ahead, while my son Robert has just finished the qualification.

"Simon has three young children to support and I have had hundreds of dreadful hard luck stories sent to me.
"These are the true victims of this action and we want to talk to Yvette Cooper about these problems.

"The government has a duty of care to all home inspectors due to their recruitment drive and promises of job opportunities.

“We embraced the idea of the reports, which we thought were a very positive move for the housing market, and now some of us are in total despair and require assurances and advice as to where our futures lie.”

The Government wanted the information packs to prevent the hundreds of property deals that collapse each year at the last minute when faults were found by buyers.

The report was to include checks on title deeds, local authority searches, answers to standard questions and energy performance certificates and would be needed before a house could be put on the market.

28 July 2006
« Previous Page

Next »

Boy OH BOY!!! Dave Bottoms calling the kettle black.

He is with out a doubt the champion in all directions of email .
He makes more posts on Bill Mullens private list then any one else .
He lifts more emails from NACHI then any one else .
He complains about other inspectors then any one else.
He complains about Nick then any one else.
He spies on NACHI more then any one else.
He has done fewer inspections in 8 years then any one else.
( Still not an RHI)

Dave Bottoms the Champion of Champions ( The parasite )

The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

Remember Whistler http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935

Roy,

This is one of the problems that socialized remedies represent.

In a market driven environment, the wheat will separate from the chaff. In a socialized environment, the government decides the standard and the market becomes confused, apathetic, or non-existent.

In a state where there is no licensing, for example, home inspectors must compete on their own merit and record. the consumer decides who is good and who is not. In a state where licensing exists, the consumer now sees 2500 licensed home inspectors - all of whom meet the state’s idea of what a home inspector should be.

The argument is no longer “who is good” or “who is bad” but “who is licensed”. The answer to eliminating competion is no longer found in marketing but in politics - creating the criteria that will restrict licensing (and competition). This is a strong driving force behind many of the moves for licensing in several states…most obvious is Florida (Hooper, Peck, et al).

If government - Great Britain, Canadian, and US - would remove itself from the equation, the market will cleanse itself and the good inspectors will continue to work.

Those of a liberal bend, however, will always call upon their government to provide the solutions. Those who are more conservative will always find the government as the source of the problem. I don’t think it is any different in this business. Do you?

Roy I wounder did Dave get the same letter that I did about not upgrading as per OAHI rules and if you did not upgrade by mid Aug. your membership would be cancelled.

No Dave is a fair headed Boy he has been an OAHI associate for 8 years and has not completed his 150 inspections yet.
. I have no idea how he gets away with it .
He is a very close friend of Bill Mullens and is the Editor of the Canadian Home Inspector for CAHPI .
I guess its not who you know but who you &%&((.
OAHI has not folllowed their rules for many years and that is why I and many others are no longer members .
Two Finical secretaries quit over books not balancing .
Have you read the white paper ( I can send a copy ) to any one who want’s one .

The more I hear,
the more I see!

Yes Roy I have seen the white paper.
But there still no reason for Dave to be better than anyone elles rules are rules LOL
Rob.

You don’t think they give those decoder rings to the executive bathroom to just anybody do ya? Why do you think the executive bathroom is on the top floor? :wink:

Rank has its privileges. Its self explanatory keep quiet tow the line, ignore the problems, full steam ahead.

Dearest James…:slight_smile:

That is all fine and dandy, and some good points however the problem which exists in Canada is that Self Regulation has not worked and is not working. The administrative side of good governance is sadly lacking by provincial bodies that make up the National Association. They want their cake and eat it too. The only way to break the mononoply of opportunistic, self appointing, self regulating bodies that are not beholden in any way; “management” wise, is to licence. Unfortunately that is what it is going to take to clean up the mess. Even private studies in Canada and comments made by others state that ultimately the goal and the higher assurance is licencing.

Otherwise how do you deal with the current system knowing it to be faulty and only reportable to itself?

… The largest part of my business come from my past clients .
I can stand the heat but it is hardly fair for the public who want a good inspection but via the agent many get a water down inspection not knowing that most agents do not want the client to get a proper inspection.

The more I hear,
the more I see!

For some people the bylaws are just ignored ,
Dave has been a member of OAHI for at least 8 years and still has not completed his 150 inspections ( Thats 19 inspections a year)
I have many examples where the OAHI Directors do not follow their own rules.
This was the primary reason I no longer belong to OAHI…Roy Cooke sr

Article 3 Membership

(1) The persons registered as members of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors on December 9, 1994, being the day that the Act received Royal Assent, shall be granted membership in the Association.

(b) “Associate Members”, previously known as “Provisional Members” shall be persons who:
(1) complete Baseline Accreditation qualification requirements described in Paragraph 1 of Article 4, and
(2) hold Associate Member status for a period not to exceed 3 years.

Associate Members

Associate Members have finished the mandatory educational requirements of becoming an RHI, however have not yet finished the required number of paid inspections. Associate members must also complete annual educational updates in order to maintain this designation.
Dave Bottoms
Inspectra-The Home Inspection Company Ltd.
[416-410-6626]
http://www.homeinspector.ca/

MembershipDave is an Associate Member of:
Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI)
Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA)
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (OACETT)

Courses Completed****Canadian Association of Home Inspectors (CAHI)
National Home Inspectors Exam (1998)

Association WorkDave has been Editor-and-Chief of “The Canadian Home Inspector” Magazine since 2003. The Canadian Home

http://www.homeinspector.ca/images/layout/clear.gif

Sign up](http://www.homeinspector.ca/contact.htm) now for our fall 2005 e-newsletter.
Interesting articles, home maintenance reminders and advice,
how-to’s, recommended reading, favourite web sites, and more.
Don’t miss out.

Isn’t that nice… Under Friends of Inspectra I see that at least one inspector is not even a member of OAHI! Why would someone who is so adamant about qualifications and association membership recommend a non member of OAHI? Really after all the huffing and blowing about membership and ethics and such…
http://www.homeinspector.ca/valuable/friends.htm

I also like the self serving part at… http://www.homeinspector.ca/company/ethics.htm

… When your R.E. Agent refers Inspectra, you can rest assured that it is because he or she knows we will provide a top-notch, impartial inspection of the property, and that our only concern is a satisfied client.
At Inspectra:

• We work for you, our client, and we answer to no one else.
  • We remain at arm’s length from Real Estate Professionals in order to avoid any real or perceived conflict of interest.
  • We don’t give gifts or referral fees and we don’t “sugar-coat” inspections.
  • We don’t sell products or renovation services, nor do we refer people who do.
  • Our inspection and report are completely confidential, and only with your written consent do we share your information with others.
  • We adhere to the OAHI Code of Conduct.
    That’s a dandy considering he doesn’t do any inspections. I guess you can make all sorts of claims and not have to live up to any of the ethics, standards, abilities if your not doing inspections.

I think they keep him around because he is Editor in Chief. Likely the only excuse. Not much of an excuse at that! :frowning:

There is actually more than one inspectors listed under Friends of Inspectra who are not members of OAHI…

But don’t take it so hard Ray…

Weren’t you listed there at one point?

Yes I do believe Raymond was listed on DAVES BB but he TOLD Dave to remove his name after Dave threatened Raymond and made untue statements about Raymond.
Dave Bottoms is good at this and also using false addresses to post phony information .
I to have been on the receiving end of Davids Goofy doings .
I am surprised how often he visits the NACHI web site he just can not stay away.
He regularly lifts information from here and posts it on the Canuk list.
Strange how I was chastised for this and he and Bill Mullen have done the same thing.
The old story do as I say not as I do .
The good thing about this NACHI site is it is open to all who wish to find the truth .
This not how Bill runs his Canuk list and not How the CAHPI BB was .
I see the CAHPI BB has failed like many other things Bill and Dave get involved in .
The more I hear,
the more I see!

Hi Marcel, nice to see you post. Are those folks on the Canuck list still giving you a hard time? :wink:

Yes to set the record straight as Roy has alluded to I informed him to remove my name after receiving written threats. OAHI actually condones threats, and turns its back on it for obvious reasons all documented. Even the OAHI ombudsman has been heard to state someone should do harm to Mr. Wand. Nice bunch.

Why would someone knowingly inflate their ego’s by alluding to and suggesting they are fully qualified, when they are not? Seems OAHI has a problem administering their rules in a fair and objective manner. But we all know why some are treated differently in a self regulating body that reports to itself. The crap rises to the top. Look who is at the top. The evidence is overwhelming of OAHI incompetence!They are corrupt and drunk with power.

Oh, I hear Dave removed your name from his list for falsifying your credentials by claiming to be an RHI when you in fact hold the membership status of Retired RHI, even though you’ve been warned many times over by the OAHI Discipline Committee to stop it. Thanks for setting me straight.:wink:

So strange how the OAHI DPPC works . This was not the way when I was on the DPPC that Raymond was the chair of it went very smooth . Raymond did not make the decisions he just gathered the information and presented it to his committee and we discussed it throughly made our thoughts know to Raymond and he then did all the paper work.

I have a charge in to the DPPC and have been told these things take time and it is in the loop and as soon as they can they will be in touch. I guess they have a lot of complaints as mine is out standing for 18 months . I do know of other compaints that also are out standing. I do know that they have made fines against three people that I can find no where in the OAHI bylaws that permit them to do these . I do know that they have had appeals launched and they seem to be going no where.
I find it strange how intimidation seems to work in OAHI and the membership are all afraid to say any thing as they know they could be next.
OAHI sure is helping NACHI to grow .

The more I hear,
the more I see!

</IMG>

*Oh, I hear Dave removed your name from his list for falsifying your credentials by claiming to be an RHI when you in fact hold the membership status of Retired RHI, even though you’ve been warned many times over by the OAHI Discipline Committee to stop it. Thanks for setting me straight.:wink:

*Well if thats the case how come I have never received anything from OAHI in this regard? This is no different then OAHI telling students they cannot inspect whilst being a student member of OAHI and then imposing illegal fines on the student. Now if you examine the by-laws you will see such measure enacted outside the confines of the by-law are improper and illegal. Seems OAHI and Mr. Bottoms have their prioties screwed up. They support bullying, intimidation, threats and other improprities to keep the truth from leaking out. Just as they will go to extremes through their puppets Mssr. Mullen and Bottoms via their propaganda machine the Canuck list to disseminate false info. Do they post substantiating docuements on the Canuck list to back up their falsities? I haven’t seen any, yet documents I have posted here substantiate my defences and claims.

Now Marcel you are astute and you are objectionable in your opinion. Please from the attached PDF document can you please point out to me in the by-laws were I am in breach of the by-law(s)?

It is unfortunate because here you have a self regulating body and a major player in CAHPI and the National and they are suppose to be conducting the affairs of the association by the by-laws to the book and its obvious they don’t so with that in mind it taints and destroys any credibility.

Cheers,

Poor Dave he just can not seem to get 150 inspections to become an RHI 8 years as an associate .
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=71773&postcount=9
Please do not worry Dave I still have some friends in OAHI and I will see what I can do to make sure they give you your RHI this year .
This is cruel and unfair punishment to make you stay as an associate any longer. 8 + years being the unofficial OAHI spokesperson and you continuing Bad mouthing NACHI should be rewarded .
You of all people deserve to be moved up to the elite ??? ranks of RHI after all I am there so you should be toooooooooo !
Roy Cooke sr …,RHI…CAHPI-on. CAHPI-ONT. Nice ring to it
</IMG>
I saw Dave looking on the NACHI site this morning Glad to see he is staying on top of things . To bad he changes the information he gets so that what he posts on the Canuk site is slanted to Dave’s way.

The more I hear,
the more I see!

Ray,

If you’re actively performing inspections then my interpretation is that you’re in breach.

Article 3 Section 3 Subsection (e) 1) 2) which states:
“Retired Members” shall be persons who:
1) have attained RHI or Associate Member status
2) are not actively performing inspections.

Okay so where is the proof I am inspecting as an RHI?
Where does it state I am not allowed to inspect as an Nachi member?
Now can you show me what the penalty is for inspecting while supposedly being retired?

Again if this is the issue, then I would suspect OAHI in its wisdom would have long notified me I am in breach of the by-laws, which they haven’t. Which means I am a member in good standing.

And if this is the case as you read it then Mr. Bottoms would be contravention of Article 3 because he is not actively performing inspections nor has he fulfilled the full requirements of Associate. So even if I was inspecting as an RHI and using OAHI, I am a fully qualified member where as Mr. Bottoms is not. It seems to boil down to the fact that OAHI is more interested in collecting and trying to extort money of which they have no legal means to carry out. That is why some are pissed. I get the same few membership benefits as a full member for $50. Even my legal advice has told me OAHI is barking up the wrong tree considering what I and others have on Bottoms and the by-laws. Maybe thats why OAHI hasn’t notified me, they don’t want to address the inequities. :frowning: I would also like to add that OAHI cannot stop anyone from inspecting at the RHI level. I would be remiss if I failed to mention the underlying legislation PR 158 must be referred to in the interpretation of the by-laws and the extent of the by-laws authority. It is very specific and by-laws must not run contrary to the enacting legislation. You have just alluded to one such contradiction in your rendering.

The only thing OAHI has managed to do improperly is suspend me from the CAFE forum while Mr. Bottoms remains unsuspended.

Now what dirt does OAHI really have on me, compared to others. Nothing!

Thanks for helping me out here.

Ray,

You asked for my opinion on a specific subject, if you didn’t want to hear it you shouldn’t have asked.

As for OAHI/CAHPI they have their goods and their bads and so does NACHI.

Regardless my choice is NACHI.:nachi: