E/O Insurance

Can anyone recommend a “GOOD” e&o insurance provider in my area.
Southwestern Ontario, between London and Windsor.
Thanks.

Hey Fred, I use D G Dunbar Insurance Brokers out of London. My contact was Dave Van Geffen, he seems to handle e/o for inspectors. I’ve got a package e/o and general liability for $4650 + PST and it covers both myself and my partner with a $2500 deductable. Best deal I could find. Their number is 519-642-0858.

I got this from FREA today… they are staying in Canada for NACHI:

*Ok. Listen up Canadian NACHI members. *
*We’ve done the research. We’ve done the math. *
*While the E & O market in Canada has been in disarray over the last few years, the only providers who can consistently deliver, with good rates and low deductibles is FREA. *
FREA is there for you today, and will be there for you tomorrow if you get a claim.
Call them on 800 882 4410 and enroll with the program now.
*Or visit *www.frea.com](http://www.frea.com)

Hi Nick
Is this the deal that Nachi was working on or we can expect something else later on
Thank Jeannot

Just downloaded the application. WOW ! This seems a little steep for someone just starting out (3550.00 U.S.D.).
NICK. Is this the best deal you could find for us poor Canadians ?

Today currency exchange, 3550 us= 4074 can. a little steep Yes

HUB International Ontario Limited has secured an insurance company to
provide Errors and Omissions and General Liability Insurance for NACHI
Members in Canada.

We are in the final stages of completing the paperwork and marketing
material. Our intention is to have this and other products available to
all Canadian NACHI members for Jan 1st 2007.

Some of the other products we are finalizing include, Personal Home and
Auto Program, Commercial Insurance Program, Benefits Program and
Commercial Legal Expense Insurance Program. Our hope is to offer all
Canadian NACHI Members enhanced service and a superior product so that
they can focus on what is important, growing their business.

I would also like to point out that based on input from several current
members of NACHI, HUB International Ontario Limited feels we have
successfully secured a competitively priced product with a superior
product offering many extended features and benefits not offered in the
marketplace currently.

If any members have any questions they can contact me via phone or
e-mail. My contact information is below.

HUB International Ontario Limited is pleased to be partnered with NACHI
on this initiative.

Daniel Breau - Marketing Manager | Tel (905) 866-5295 | Fax (905)
459- 1401| Cell (416) 993-9921**

daniel.breau@hubinternational.com
HUB International Ontario Limited
8 Nelson Street West, 6th Floor Brampton
Ontario L6X 4J2 Canada
www.hubontario.com

I thought NACHI was working out a deal with Towers& Perrin. That was to be completed in June/06. I am still eagerly waiting.$4000.00 is way to steep.
Todd :shock:

Todd,

[FONT=Arial]HUB International Ontario Limited is pleased to announce that we have successfully secured an insurance program for NACHI members. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]We have worked very hard to create a competitively priced insurance solution for NACHI members over the last several months. Our program includes errors and omissions insurance along with General Liability insurance. HUB International Ontario Limited has taken every effort and resources available to ensure that we have secured the most optimal coverage available.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Using our resources we have been able to customize an insurance solution to meet the needs of all NACHI members taking into consideration the extensive range of qualifications and experiences of the individual member. No mater how little or extensive the experience of the individual inspector our insurance product will benefit all. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]HUB International Ontario Limited is a full service broker. Our highly knowledgeable staff can provide various insurance products for all types of operations. We stave to offer the best solutions in commercial insurance, personal insurance, and financial solutions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]From small office packages to large corporate clients our team of brokers offers a wide range of insurance solutions for any client.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]We have created a service team to provide NACHI with the highest level of customer service in the insurance industry.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]HUB International Ontario Limited is in the final stages of completing our marketing materials. Should anyone be interested in finding out more about the NACHI insurance program please call or e-mail me.[/FONT]

Those prices being quoted are too high, I don’t think there will be any bargains to be had even with no deductible!

Insurance should be costing less than $1200 in my humble opinion.

Is FREA really a members insurance cooperative?

About Us

The Foundation of Real Estate Appraisers (FREA) was founded in 1991 to fill a gap in the market for appraiser continuing education. At the time. obtaining education was expensive and difficult. It involved earning a designation that required thousands of dollars in classes from an association. and years of subservient service to someone who was already designated. FREA began offering continuing education classes in the San Diego area and within a few months had more than 150 instructors teaching classes all over the country.

Soon FREA began to see another need in the market. this time for low cost errors and omissions insurance. E&O premiums were outrageously high for appraisers and there were only a handful of insurance carriers writing policies. FREA saw an opportunity to provide E&O at much lower rates than the other carriers and began their E&O insurance program.

In 1996 FREA created a home inspection division. offering the same benefits to home inspectors as they had been offering to appraisers. including low cost E&O insurance. Due to the large numbers of members. FREA has substantial buying power with insurance companies. helping to keep the program strong while other insurance providers have fallen by the wayside.

Today. with over 10.000 members. FREA is the largest professional organization for appraisers and home inspectors in the country. FREA provides E&O insurance. education and other benefits to its members. Its sister company. NDCdata.com. provides state of the art. low-cost online data to more than 2500 appraisers in California. FREA also publishes the Communicator magazine. (“The Voice of our Nation’s Appraisers & Home Inspectors”) which has a quarterly circulation of over 125.000 readers.

Unfortunately that is a very reasonable price. I’ve seen much higher.

Tracy Goldman
CTM Insurance Group

For comparison, I believe real estate agents up here pay something like $150 per year for E&O coverage.

Yesterday I was talking to an agent and she told me she pays about $250 per year for E&O. Then why are we having to pay so much. Not fair. There should be options for inspectors. Deductable, amount of coverage ect.
Todd

Welcome to the real world .
This is exactly many of the older Home Inspectors carry no Insurance.
Roy Cooke

I believe there are variables for deductible amount from zero deductible, to $2500 to $5000, to $10K.

You can also seek lower coverage starting at I believe $500K upto one million. I don’t know about less coverage but that would be worth checking into.

If you check the FREA site you will see they offer ancilliary coverage for WDO, septic, et ceteras.

I think you may find that self insurance coupled with licencing is what maybe unfolding in Ontario.

I think that you might find Santa stuck in your chimney before that happens!:mrgreen:

A seasonal jest…

Hey fat man I don’t care who the bleep bleep you are. Get those bleep bleep Reindeer off my roof! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Santa maybe stuck sooner than his Elf’s think. I understand Santa has slimmed down this year. :wink: