Enough

Please join me in asking the moderator to dump all this nonsense into the spam file so we will not have to see it. I usually read Ray Wand’s posts and now someone has taken on the identity of Ray and is posting under his name. I am sure that Dave Bottoms and the rest have better things to do than take on another identity to antagonize the members of this board. I understand that it may be difficult to block this nonsense from the board but I really would like to get on with the business of Nachi and not have to read all this crap. I am going to email Chris and see what can be done about this.
Larry

I second the motion.
George

So you are letting the imposters dictate the terms?
Nice!

I don’t know about Canada, but in the U.S. it is illegal (and there are cases that have gone to court and the people prosecuted before) for someone to STEAL, or faulsly impose on an online identity, that can cause reputable harm to the original owner, user of said name. Which is what’s going on here. This person may not know what he/she is getting into but this is a PROFESSIONAL site, with peoples REPUTATIONS and BUSINESS’s can be harmed from this action. NACHI is located in the U.S. obviously, and there may be some hurtles but its come to a point where something must be done.

Personally I have been ignoring most of this nonsense but I would still like to see non-NACHI members kicked off. I would also like to see slanderous comments about people, and associations restricted and or prohibited. This might prevent some of this from occurring again.

In addition I can’t help feel embarrassed with the thought of realtors or potential clients reading some of this stuff. After all I do reference NACHI on my website and business material.

I’m here!

Christopher

I agree with you 100 percent. If non members want to post they should be registered and their info verified. This request has fallen on deaf ears.

It is also pretty hard not to become involved when people make up outright lies and then start posting them on every thread. They have no intention of acting responsibly, never have and never will be able to substantiate their hot air. But if they want to throw broken bottles I will throw them back.

On the other hand we should not be dictated to by Mr. Bottoms because that is his wish to shut down this board entirely so it no longer remains publicly viewable. That is something that should not be entertained under any circumstances.

Cheers.

Read Chris Morrel’s latest post. He has removed the imposters, and changed the system. Things don’t fall on deaf ears, some things just take time to do.

Thanks Blaine that is good news to be sure!

Now you Canadians can “Get Real” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is that the same as “get down and boogey?” :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I agree with you Larry. Can you imagine how Ray feels! I’m sure he is pissed off with all this BS.

Mario

I can’t even remember who I am. :frowning: there have been so many abuses of my name or posts attributed to me. I am glad these reprobates are blocked it looks good on them.

Regards

Ahhhhh, and since you know they are trying to log on, or register under a different name, you just know they’re p.o’d. Ain’t life grand sometimes.

It really is the little things in life that make you smile.

later on, bugmenot! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dave Bottoms is already on the OAHI CAFE complaining about being blocked from posting on Nachi.

Now what will he do?

Why don’t you post that here Raymond since we can’t visit that board? Somehow I doubt that even if he was doing it that he would admit it publically on a BB.

The only thing this is going to do is to prevent you from having these long conversations with yourself as you won’t be able to create new characters either.

Sheesh.

Wendy

?

I’m glad you agree.

In my opinion there is no benefit to having an open forum. When I look around most of the useful information provided is from NACHI members (I will venture a guess and say over 90%) - not so much from visitors. So I really don’t see the advantage.

In fact I feel with all the mud slinging, regardless if it is true or not, it can damage your reputation and your business. If someone important (i.e. realtor or clients) visit the site and read this stuff about someone it may be enough for them to decide against using your services.

To substantiate my opinion,… recently I was informed by a realtor that a HI in Ottawa has been bad mouthing me pretty bad. In fact it was so bad that the agent stopped him and advised him, that “he was there to do an inspection”, so “lets keep this professional”. After the inspection the agent called me up to tell me that I might want to corner this guy and have talk with him. As a result of his bad mouthing I have reason to believe he has cost me business even though what he is saying is not true.

In the end,… well to be honest this is my first experience with this and I’m not quite sure what to do. But I know that I need to do something. I’m currently looking at how to handle this situation.

Wendy enlightened us with the following…

Why don’t you post that here Raymond since we can’t visit that board? Somehow I doubt that even if he was doing it that he would admit it publically on a BB.

Tell Dave Bottoms Wendy that if he needs a medium to express his opinions on this forum he should not use you as his mouth piece because you are no more capable of pitching a defense then you are trying to make yourself look intelligent.

Tell Dave to email me privately if he wants to carry on. Now that his pulpit has been toppled he is headless.

Chris

I would say confront him…but is it worth it? Sometimes doing nothing is something.