Errors & Omissions Insurance

I had an interesting discussion with a local insurance agent a few days ago.
The Agent did not want to take my application because the Insurance Co. would not look at it if I was not a member of CAHPI. :shock:
What have your experiences been?
Are there any insurance co’s in Canada that recognize NACHI?

So join CAHPI!

Talk to Koe Ferrie I understand NACHI will soon have E&O for Canadians at a price that could be exceptional attractive.
The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

1 Like

After all the carping you have done about cahpi you think I want to join.
Not in this life time.

I am glad something got through! :wink:

Try FREA

I was told by my insurance company that I couldn’t get general liability without E&O, true or not can somebody comment.
thank

Jeannot

I have been told that by a number of insurers.

More money for them???

thank Raymond

Some insurers will also want to see any advertising you send out, want to know if you quote repair costs, some will want you to have particular clauses in your contract as part of providing insurance.

It is true , No E & O insurance no GL insurance ,Actually Worker compensation is important too.

WCB is not required in Alberta if you are the only employee.
It was a good thing when it was started but now the coverage is miniumal and the decision by the WCB is final.

In Alberta WC is not required if there is only one worker.
You can still buy it if you choose.

But you should have WCB cover youself too. Only $ 150.00 cover you 25,000 thousand as Self insured per year.

$150.00 for the year ?

This was posted in 2006 for E&O insurance soon becoming available to Canadians. It’s 2019 and I’m told that it is still not offered.

1 Like

Dan:
Hub insurance, Kim Smith, does provide E&O in Ontario
www.hubinternational.com
I was with them before I retired 3 yrs ago.
You could try them.
On the other hand Nick just announced E&O insurance for members but he has yet to say if it is in the cards for Canadian Members.
Hope this helps
Cheers

That’s great thanks. What is the best way for me to inquire about the member insurance?

https://www.nachi.org/insurance-pr.htm

Only available in the US right now.
Cheers