Failure to Follow Safety Rules

I think they are looking for Ontario Home Inspectors too

*CourtBulletin *Director of Roofing Company Jailed, Fined $10,000 forFailure to Follow Safety Rules ](http://news.ontario.ca/mol/en/2017/05/director-of-roofing-company-jailed-fined-10000-for-failure-to-follow-safety-rules.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p)May 18, 2017
BELLEVILLE, ON - An employer with two previous convictions forsafety violations has been sentenced to one day imprisonment and a fine of$10,000 for ignoring safety regulations.
No one fell or was injured.
The employer, Steve Bell, was charged with failing as an employerto ensure a worker was adequately protected from falling.
By law the workershould have been using a travel restraint system, fall-restricting system, fallarrest system or a safety net.
On October 7, 2015, a Ministry of Labour inspector attended aresidence in Belleville and observed a roofer working at a height of more than three metres (about 26 feet) without being protected by fall protection.
The worker’s employer, Steve Bell, was later charged with the offence.
Bell had two prior convictions for the same offence.
One was aconviction in 2013 with a fine of $2,000 and the other was a conviction in 2015 with a fine of $4,500; no one fell or was injured.
These convictions fall underthe Construction Projects Regulation (Regulation 213/91) and the OccupationalHealth and Safety Act.
Justice of the Peace Christopher I. Peltzer passed sentence inBelleville court on May 18, 2017.
The court also imposed a 25-per-cent victim fine surcharge asrequired by the Provincial Offences Act.
The surcharge is credited to a special provincial government fund to assist victims of crime.

Court Information at a Glance

Provincial Offences Court/Ontario Court of Justice
235 Pinnacle Street
Belleville, Ontario

Judge:
Justice of the Peace Christopher I. Peltzer

Date of Sentencing:
May 18, 2017

Defendant:
Steve Bell
Belleville, Ontario

Matter:
Occupational health and safety

Conviction:
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Section 25(1)©

Regulation 213/91 (Construction Projects Regulation)
Section 26.1(2)

Crown Counsel:
Catherine Glaister
Scott Murray (Student atlaw)

Good post Roy. Another reason why we’ve been developing a series of Safety Bulletins with respect to Ontario specific codes and regulations. The one of Roof Inspections went out 10 days before this case. Inspectors can find it here: https://www.ontarioachi.ca/bulletin-roof/

He also had top spent 24 hours in jail. These inspectors are the same ones who are looking form home inspectors on the roof with out the proper safety equipment .

Sorry I and I think many other NACHI inspectors do not read the reports on Ontario ACHI .

You are probably right Roy, which is why I, like you, provide the links to these subjects to at least inform people that they are there for their benefit.

Here’s one I wrote personally back in 2015. https://www.ontarioachi.ca/roof-inspection-laws/

Thanks for the thread.

You could just as easy post your information on the NACHI site so all inspectors could see it .

Looks to me like you are very Desperate to get inspectors to see OntarioACHI and possibly join your shrinking association .

Looks to me that you will try every effort to denigrate anything I or any of the other members of OntarioACHI do.

So sad you cannot recognise people who are trying to help the profession because of your own systematically biased opinions.

Please Roy, tell me how thousands of other posts can point to a link without evoking your ire, yet every one I post gets met with nothing but derision?

Are you truly that odious? It is starting to appears so.

I will continue to post links relevant to Canadian inspectors here, especially when its relevant to inspectors in Ontario. I don’t care where those links come from, whether they be OntarioACHI, OAHI, PHPIC, CAHPI, InterNACHI, the Government or any suppliers that have articles of interest to inspectors in our jurisdiction.

Nothing you do or say is going to stop it, and the fact you do nothing but attack everything I post shows that not only are you a control freak, but that you neither believe in free speech nor approve of the proliferation of worthwhile information unless you’ve personally cut and pasted it.

So sad that such an “amazing person” has descended to such depths. I feel sorry for you Roy. No hate, just pity. Such a shame.

This is NACHI and I think you are a Parasite Using NACHI to help OntarioACHI .
I care less what you feel about me I have supported NACHI for 14 Years and will continue .
Sorry if the truth upsets you.

Sorry Roy, but that was unwarranted

Roy the truth never upsets me. Nor do you. In fact I find your continued rants quite contradictory.

Sad, but at the same time amusing.

Roy, maybe Len is doing what he thinks best.
I am sure many benefit openly and enjoy the material.

We must remember, even if it does not link or express procedures on the InterNACHI MB, it came from InterNACHI to start with.

Wishing you the best as always.
Robert

Guess your right Roy.
Too bad.
So, sad so many are leaving the association.
You thinks its mostly Len?

Len, everything upsets you. You read subversion behind every post.

Robert, Say it like you mean it.

Now you read subversion behind posts towards members you do not agree with and can not help yourself from arguing and insulting Mr. Cooke to whom I see eye to eye with on many things, which include, InterNACHI, Ethics, helping InterNACHI members and InterNACHI growth in our province.
InterNACHI is not a stump to build other associations.
Hope that helps make it clear.

Okay Robert this is what Len posted: #2
Good post Roy. Another reason why we’ve been developing a series of Safety Bulletins with respect to Ontario specific codes and regulations. The one of Roof Inspections went out 10 days before this case. Inspectors can find it here: https://www.ontarioachi.ca/bulletin-roof/

Roy immediately dismissed Len/Ontarioachi in his biased opinion: (highlighted in red totally unwarranted and then the attack was on by both of you)

He also had top spent 24 hours in jail. These inspectors are the same ones who are looking form home inspectors on the roof with out the proper safety equipment .

Sorry I and I think many other NACHI inspectors do not read the reports on Ontario ACHI . Subversion…I think so!

You are just confirming what I say about Len and his followers.
** You are a very selfish group who do not seem to share your information with the NACHI membership ,you take info from NACHI and use it on your Tiny forum** .

Why was this information not shared with the NACHI membership .
You love to follow our NACHI posts and try to ridicule our posts .
It is sad to see the Ontario ACHI feels they must come on the NACHI forum and ridicule the NACHI members who try to help all home Inspectors .

Roy,

We do not need to post this on NACHI, because it is aimed at ONTARIO regulations and sent out, via e-mail to over 720 ONTARIO home inspectors, is posted on Facebook where it reached over 636 Inspectors in ONTARIO.

Unlike you, we recognise that many ONTARIO Inspectors join InterNACHI for it’s fantastic marketing benefits and educational opportunities, but choose to do their communicating with each other in a forum where they are not subject to the spewing venom of a few opinionated and often misinformed narcissists.

Unlike you we can take ONTARIO material and format it for ONTARIO inspectors and deliver it directly to them in ONTARIO.

Unlike you, we analyse our material and it’s target and realise when a message is actually being read and do not have to resort to trolling to get people to engage.

The only person doing any ridiculing of InterNACHI members is you.

Unfortunately for you, you don’t realise that the person you are ridiculing the most is yourself.

Best wishes that you come to your senses and realise that you are not the center of the Home Inspection Profession Universe, and that there are many of us out here in the real world that are trying to help all inspectors.

( Wait for it…I can hear the too sad, too bad responses being formulated right now. Remember Roy, Control-C to cut, Control-V to paste)

You say you send this out to 720 Ontario Inspectors well I talked to three Ontario Inspectors this morning and like me they did not get a copy .

You are just jealous of NACHI the way I see it and do not think the Rest on NACHI members should get Ontario information .

Interesting how when a ACHI director wants info he comes to NACHI I wonder did he also go to ACHI and ask for help on an Ontario Home .

Interesting not one reply is from a Canadian Inspector Many replies all from Americans .

[/QUOTE]