Good by OAHI,CAHPI & NCA

I was just told that in the near future that Licensing could be coming to British Colombia, Alberta and Quebec.
If this comes about then I expect it will not be to long till the rest of Canada follows along.
There will be no advantage any more to CAHPI and its Provincial associations .
I do believe most are like OAHI and do little for the members except charge many dollars to belong.
This of course will mean the OAHI Directors who make big money of the members will have to get a real JOB.
NACHI we all know does more and better marketing for the Home Inspection industry in Canada .
The Yearly cost is only $289;00 and no taxes on top.
Many course are free and far superior in most cases.
Of Course this makes the CMI look even better.
Need more info on NACHI click below.
… Cookie

Still holding your breath, Roy ???

As you make up stories wrongly predicting the demise of the only valid Canadian Home Inspection Associations, please remember that at least CAHPI and its associations can afford to pay their bills including those to their lawyers.

Apparently this is not the case with all American Home Inspections groups…no names of course…unless you insist.

Bill Mullen RHI
#NCA00001

Come on Bill please do not tease us if you have information now would be a good time to give it out you Have avoided continually all along .
Now would be a great time to start tell all.
WE here are open and above board not like your BB where? we all know who is in complete control. You have to come here where many great Inspectors also come to find information .
… Cookie

Here you go, Roy.

Maybe you can lend Nick some money.

Bill Mullen

Thanks Bill you have now confirmed you read very little on the NACHI BB and also tend to believe what other NACHI haters like you post.
This is old news that has been answered On the NACHI site by Nick.
Why before you spread false rumors do you not have the decency to ask Nick him self.
You and you buddy Dave Bottom’s loved to spread the one about the twelve year old who passed the NACHI Exam,
Of course you never told people when the rest of the story came out that it was a ASHI member who had a P2P franchise who helped his son to spread this false story .
I think you Know who Dave Bottom,s is, he is the one who gave you his pass word so you could Come onto the NACHI site and use his name to spread false information .
He went and admitted he had given you his pass word and went back and removed the post .
Fortunately I have a copy of your and his post Bill.
Not nice to be dishonest Bill these thing have a habit of coming back to haunt a person .

… Cookie

Roy:

That is a court document, hardly ‘false rumours’.

I forgot all about the twelve year old who passed the exam. I didn’t say anything about that joke that passes for an online exam Roy, so why bring it up?

Once again, how is it ‘dishonest’ to provide a valid court document after you asked me to do so?

Bill Mullen

Just as I said Bill you post old information that is useless like most of every thing else you post . I do not remember you ever saying you where sorry for cheating when you used Dave Bottoms Name and Pass word to get at NACHI .
My statement was if you saw this and where concerned with it to ask NICK of Course you want to try and get mileage like you said before about the 30 minute inspectors Bill .
How about telling us the truth about the NCA or you too can continue to evade .
You statement is Quote (" please remember that at least CAHPI and its associations can afford to pay their bills including those to their lawyers ").
Would you please tell us how the Ontario Home Inspectors can be sure you are telling the truth this time Bill as the CAHPI Finical statement has not be released to the Ontario Inspectors . HMMMMMMMMM I wonder why.
Bill can you also tell us why the CAHPI BB was shut down.
…Cookie

You’re a riot, Roy.

You accuse me of posting old information that is actually less than a month old. That’s seems pretty new to me considering all the old news you dredge up against me all the time dating back a few years.

The only response you can come up with is to drag out some crap that happened at least two years ago, yet I’m the one who brings up old stuff?

As far as the truth about the NCA, Claude and I have been absolutely honest in all of our responses. Maybe you didn’t like the answers, but that’s your problem, not ours. The truth is that the NCP is rolling along quite nicely now and despite your lies to the contrary, it is in very good financial shape.

As far as 30 minute inspectors, it was you who brought that up, Roy, not me. Sometimes a guilt complex will do that to you, Roy.

The CAHPI financial results have always been provided on time to all of their members. If OAHI chooses not to relay the information to their members, there is nothing CAHPI National can do about it.

The CAHPI BB was shut down because it was rarely used, so it was apparent the members were not interested in it. It wasn’t worth wasting valuable time maintaining it. CAHPI has many other valuable initiatives, as we can see from the National Certification Program.

By the way, if anyone you know needs advice on how to hire a good Home Inspector refer them to http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/odpub/pdf/62839.pdf

Bill Mullen RHI
#NCA00001

Bill Law suits happen all the time and you know this being sued and found guilty are two different things.
Incidently the post you made saying I might want to lend NICK some money .
I did not see where NICK was involved .
I guess I did not find what you saw .
Of course I am not Calling you a liar.
But Bill I want every one to know I do not believe any thing you say.
…Cookie
Typical Bill get people to look the other way .
This thread was stated by three Provinces Bringing in Licenses and that no one will need CAHPI and the NCA

"You’re a riot, Roy.

You accuse me of posting old information that is actually less than a month old. That’s seems pretty new to me considering all the old news you dredge up against me all the time dating back a few years.

**The only response you can come up with is to drag out some crap that happened at least two years ago, yet I’m the one who brings up old stuff? **

As far as the truth about the NCA, Claude and I have been absolutely honest in all of our responses. Maybe you didn’t like the answers, but that’s your problem, not ours. The truth is that the NCP is rolling along quite nicely now and despite your lies to the contrary, it is in very good financial shape.

As far as 30 minute inspectors, it was you who brought that up, Roy, not me. Sometimes a guilt complex will do that to you, Roy.

The CAHPI financial results have always been provided on time to all of their members. If OAHI chooses not to relay the information to their members, there is nothing CAHPI National can do about it.

The CAHPI BB was shut down because it was rarely used, so it was apparent the members were not interested in it. It wasn’t worth wasting valuable time maintaining it. CAHPI has many other valuable initiatives, as we can see from the National Certification Program.

By the way, if anyone you know needs advice on how to hire a good Home Inspector refer them to"

It’s like the wind off a cesspool.

I don’t want people to look the other way. On the contrary, I want them to feel good that the three provinces that are comtemplating licensing will be using the NCP as their model standards. CAHPI and the NCA will take on much more relevance if licensing comes along. Their roles might change, but since they were created from a long, arduous, consultative process with government support and encouragement, we will see CAHPI and the NCA as the industry leaders for many years.

I welcome licensing as long as it uses a credible standard and actually makes sure practitioners are competent and qualified. Realistically, we MIGHT see a form of licensing in Alberta in 2008, in BC in 2009 and in Quebec possibly within five years.

The Ontario government is not interested in licensing such a small group of people yet. There are only about 3000 people in Ontario who call themselves inspectors (many of those do not inspect) and that size doesn’t make it economically feasible for this government. The government people also don’t want to have to try to get all the opposing factions together because of all the infighting…they compare it to herding cats…angry ones at that.

Bill Mullen

Herding Cats Great expression like it Bill I will use it in the future .
You know it is too bad CAHPI and OAHI do not want to get along with NACHI .
NACHI has so many great Home Inspectors who all want to get along but unfortunately some in the other Canadian Associations are so jealous of NACHI and they refuse to even come part way.
I guess the other associations take the methods of our politicians and just never want to get along with the other side .
Long live NACHI, love the way it is growing and how they treat all home Inspectors.
… Cookie

Bill

Please help me understand some issues…

When was the first RHI designation awarded and to whom?

How many RHI’s are there currently (Dec. 13 2007)?

How many were there in 2000?(approximately)

How many RHI’s were grandfathered in and have not taken currently required
OAHI courses?

Thanks in advance Bill,

Doug Potts

Doug

I don’t have the current numbers as I am up in Muskoka. However if memory serves me correctly RHI number approximately 230-250, with another 100 being Associates. Students make up the majority of members with a few Applicants, and maybe about 20-24 retired members.

Don’t have figures for 2000.

I was grandfathered but at the time I had to write the ASHI exams to gain entry to OAHI prior to 1994, and when RHI was granted anyone who had passed the ASHI exams was grandfathered.

Quite frankly the Defect recognition course is a farce and a money maker for a few individuals who have managed to high jack it for their personal gain. Why should anyone be forced to subliment fellow inspectors incomes, OAHI should not be teaching any courses its a conflict, that should be left to the Colleges.

RHI given what is going on in OAHI is somewhat no questionable because its been established that the BOE/AR have been operating under their own mandate, with no oversite by the BOD nor does it appear they have been making decisions based on the SOP. These creates legalitiy issues with everyone who has been put through the system. The courts cannot review a standard that does not exist or rules that have been enforced because there is no published discernable reference or accreditation.

So how much value is RHI at least in Ontario given the realities of whats going on. I would suggest very little.

Ray

Was the ASHI exam (at the time) relatively similar to NACHI’s current online exam in depth and scope?

Doug

Hi Doug:

Raymond’s numbers are likely pretty close to correct. I am not involved closely with OAHI or its politics so Ray likely knows as much or more than I do about that.

The first RHI was awarded in 1994 to Terry Carson.

As for the ASHI exams, I also took them and they were I believe two hours long in a room that was proctored by someone. We were not allowed any books or people to help us. I have taken the NACHI online test and frankly the ASHI exams were more detailed and challenging, especially since one could get no outside help.

Bill Mullen

From what I am led to believe is that with ASHI you do not take an exam to join and do inspections just pay the fees.
After you have done 250 inspections they then give the associate an exam before they are allowed full membership.
With NACHI you must take and pass the exam before you can do any inspections .
As for how hard or easy either one is I would think it has a lot to do with preparation .
No studying and they both could be hard to pass .
Well educated and most inspectors should be able to pass either one .

I believe the ASHI exam is far more expensive to take and they too have many expensive courses they give you as time goes by.
NACHI most courses are free or very reasonable.
Cost to join NACHI is $289;00 Cost to join ASHI is depends how many courses you are required to take could be well over $3,000;00.
… Cookie

As far as ASHI exams at the time they were proctored at a hotel in Toronto.
As Bill alluded to they were more difficult than Nachis.
When I joined you had to write three exams, then they dropped it to two.

I was a member of ASHI for a number of years. I rejoined last year and did not renew this year because quite frankly they would not give me credit for (CEU’s) my volunteer work on the Heritage Committee. Yet ASHI was promoting historical home seminars and giving credits. Go figure. I guess if an association cannot make money from its members its not really interested in crediting outside education or knowledges.

Quite frankly I find some associations too ridgid for their own good.

Thanks for the info Bill,

I do appreciate as I’m new to the buisiness, however,

I guess you did not understand my question regarding exam. If NACHI’s online exam was conducted in the same manner (isolated with no books or outside help of any kind) as you described for your ASHI exam, do you believe there would be merit in the NACHI exam?

How many RHI’s were grandfathered in? And out of the current total (230-250) have taken current requirement courses?

Doug

Hi Doug:

The NACHI exam is actually fairly challenging to new inspectors, especially with the rotating questions…and that’s good. If it was a fully proctored exam it would likely be acceptable as a basic test of one’s inspection knowledge.

However, overall it is quite a bit easier than the ASHI exams were, and since nobody can really tell who took the test, it lacks credibility.

I really don’t know how many people were ‘grandfathered’ into the RHI, and I have no idea on the other number either. Sorry, but as I told you, I have little to do provincially. My interests are mainly national.

Bill Mullen