Holmes Endorsed HI diploma

Hello All

32 Students have just started the new Home Inspection Diploma classes Endorsed by “Mike Holmes” by himself at (Sault College) in my home town Sault Ste Marie Ont.
I have 2 students that are going to fill me in on the Teachers and what they will use for HI books.
If it ends up being Carson Dunlop I will let all know. If it ends up being something that is put together by Mike Holmes I will let you know.
If they are trying to sway the students to go OAHI,PHPIC I will let you know.
I have a sneaky suspicion that PHPIC has something to do with this. :frowning:

Licensing
Licensing continues to unfold in Canada with British Columbia and Alberta now requiring home inspectors to be licensed in their respective provinces. The National Certification Program administered by the National Home Inspector Certification Council (NHICC) is recognized by both provinces and is leading the way across our country.

CMI and RHI were the first accepted in Alberta, Then the NHICC got approved a few months later.

Fwiw

There are many listed on the OAHI site as being current members who have not renewed as of July 1, 2011. This comes as no surprise given that OAHI was never able to keep accurate records.

The fact OAHI has not removed their names from the Registry in and of itself is an affront to what OAHI wants to be seen as.

Simply OAHI cannot be seen to be “The Voice of the Home Inspection Profession”

Has anyone ever checked out the hammer swinger wearing earrings…and his level of formal education in his trade? His bio says he was not formally educated. Is this true?

Isn’t this kind of like having a high school dropout endorsing a medical school?

---------------------------:lol:

Ask Nick

The “Hammer swinger wearing earrings”. I love it!

G

[quote=“kwood, post:1, topic:62374”]

Hello All

32 Students have just started the new Home Inspection Diploma classes Endorsed by “Mike Holmes” by himself at (Sault College) in my home town Sault Ste Marie Ont.
I have 2 students that are going to fill me in on the Teachers and what they will use for HI books.
If it ends up being Carson Dunlop I will let all know. If it ends up being something that is put together by Mike Holmes I will let you know.
If they are trying to sway the students to go OAHI,PHPIC I will let you know.
I have a sneaky suspicion that PHPIC has something to do with this. :frowning:

Are you teaching this course - how do you have students in this course

Malanie:

There are two students that I am in contact with in the class.
One of them has been a client of my Home Inspection Company and the other is a tenant in one of the buildings I look after.:smiley:
They just started learning trigonometry and are being taught by Math Professor at the College.
There will be about 6 Teachers taking my place for Home Inspection Diploma instead of the Carson Dunlop Certificate. Offered to my students.

Second day of Schooling they are learning to build a shed.
10x12 and according to OBC code not the RBC. The class is learning how to use equipment to build.:shock:
Maybe they plan to send them Mikes way after so they can build the “Holmes Way” just above code.:smiley:
I gave the one student a SONIN Inch mate 2000 to show to his teacher and the teacher did not know what it was. LOL

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/calculatorsource_2174_9026What Our Customers Are Saying:
“Order placed from Canada. Shipping was reasonable (USPS) and calculator arrived in a reasonable amount of time, well pa [more…]” – Robert Moore, Prof. Engineer, Nova Scotia, Canada, 9/09](http://javascript<b></b>:DisplayMore())
Sonin InchMate 2000 Construction Calculator

Home > Home Projects > Sonin InchMate 2000 Construction Calculator

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/calculatorsource_2176_5197471

The Ultimate Professional Pocket-size Construction Calculator
An indispensable tool for Cabinetmakers, Construction Trade, Do-it Yourselfers, Graphic Designers, Interior Designers, Space Planners, Architects, Builders, CAD Users, Carpenters, Contractors, Designers, Draftsmen, Engineers, Estimators, Homemakers, Students, & You!

Features:

• Calculate and Convert between: Feet, Inches, Fractions, Decimal Feet, Decimal Inches, Board Feet, Yards, Miles, Kilometers, Meters, Centimeters, and Milimeters including Square and Cube of each
  • Convert easily to and from all dimensions
  • DEDICATED FRACTION OF AN INCH KEYS FOR DIRECT ENTRY WITH A SINGLE STROKE
  • Plus calculate Weights and Liquid units! - tons, pounds, dry ounce, metric ton, kilograms, grams, gallons, fluid ounces, liter, and mililiters
  • Construction keys for Rafter/Framing including: Common or Irregular Hip/Valley and Jack Rafters and Raked Walls
  • Triangulation keys - given any two pitch, rise, run, or diagonal - automatically solves the other two
  • Paperless Tape stores up to 20 entries with easy review capabilities
  • Easily calculates cost per unit to estimate materials
  • Calculate AREA, CIRCUMFERENCE & ARC LENGTH of a CIRCLE
  • Weight per volume, Temperature Conversions, Memory and much more
  • …Or simply use as a regular math calculator
  • Protective flip-top cover
  • Long lasting lithium battery with auto-off
  • One Year Limited Warranty