InterNACHI CMI vetted by OntarioACHI?

Excerpt from the latest OntarioACHI newsletter.
*If you are a Certified Master Inspector, following the recent public sell-off on the InterNACHI website, you may be required to provide more proof of past skills and operation but again your path to the CCHI is again straightforward.:roll:

InterNACHI vetted by OntarioACHI.
Maybe a name change is in order. OntarioNAHI

Poor Vern and the Alberta members.

We are ensuring that an audit trail is provided for all CMI’s and that when it comes time for a CMI to prove their capability there is an association that can validate their skills and education.

You don’t have to like it, but we are putting it out there. The Ontario Government has a poor record of taking things on trust, and that’s what the CMI is.

It’s the best marketing tool ever invented for the Home Inspection profession, but there is no audit trail. We are closing that loophole to ensure people who have purchased the CMI can at least be confident they have such an audit trail.

Thanks Len for the information about clarifying and plugging that “gap”.

Sounds like you are doing your due diligence. Great job. When licensing happened here suddenly everyone was a CMI. I guarantee you that not everyone that received the accreditation had the credentials to back it up…well maybe on paper.

No wonder this industry is bloody mixed up.

*If you are a Certified Master Inspector, following the recent public sell-off on the InterNACHI website, you may be required to provide more proof of past skills and operation but again your path to the CCHI is again straightforward"

There is something wrong with OntarioACHI.
truly.
Not to be trusted.

First they break their own bylaws ousting Kevin Woods without all members present.
Now OntarioACHI want to vet CMI’s without the CMI board’s permission.
You are also saying the CMI is not a valid designation.

The word that comes to mind is contemptuous and treasonous.
As history repeats itself.
Too bad.
so sad.

It also breaks the COE ethical you swore to joining InterNACHI.

Duty to the Public
1: The InterNACHI member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
2: The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.

Please let me hear you say the CMI board are deceiving the home inspection industry and the clients they serve.
Tell the CMI board they are failing the public.

Is that the marketing term you are using Len?
Audit trial?

Could we see the CMI board’s approval of this please.

People are deceiving the CMI board, not the other way around.

Robert, OntarioNACHI got rid of Mr. Woods for good reason. If you remember correctly he also got the Boot from InterNACHI and stripped of his CMI. Think about what you are saying before you say it please.

Just so you are aware Robert. THERE IS NO LONGER A CMI BOARD. A bookkeeper checks to make sure the paperwork is filled out and cashes the check. NO MORE Board approval. And there hasn’t been for years.

I was not aware.
Thank you.

And that is exactly why (in another thread) I commented that Grandfathering should never be allowed. IMO, it brings harm to the general public by licensing otherwise unqualified inspectors which allows them to remain in business and continue their deceitful practices without so much as a verification of their abilities and competence. CMI simply checks “the numbers”. It doesn’t check “the man/woman”.

Not a board that meets regularly anyway. We haven’t increased the requirements in many years. If we ever did decide to, we’d have to assemble the board again to approve such a change.

Correct. That and whatever hard-copy evidence they submit to prove that they’ve been in business for more than three years. The requirements use a simple formula based on 5 numbers and some documented paperwork. The verification uses an algorithm based on 13 numbers we collect independently.

The system works really well and efficiently. CMIs don’t pay annual dues ever, so efficiency is important to the application process.

I can answer most questions about it, if you have any.

Greg, in all fairness, bylaws were broken.

What transpired afterwards I am not defending.
I am certain Nick and InterNACHI followed protocol.

Now, if OntarioACHI wishes to vet CMI’s, than ask and get permission from Nick Gromicko. That is all I am saying.
Other than that, he is breaking InterNACHI COE saying there needs to be an audit process.
Are the RHI members being audited?
Are any other association designation being audited?

This strikes right to the heart of a culling the herd at someone’s expense and surely not the inventors of this witch hunt audit.
Geez I get made when fools act foolish at the expense of others.

Transparency turns to peering and vetting.

Who gave anyone the right to peer or vet anyone?
Whom puts these mindless thoughts into politicians head to narrate?

Dam fools looking for market share instead of going after the real problems.
Buying a home without an inspection.
Get in front of the legislators with that.

Licensing does nothing but make everyone look the same.Open your eyes.
Than what? Licensed peered and vetted CCHI’s.

Thank you Nick.

Now what about OntarioACHI trial auditing CMI’s.
How can they without the information the CMI board holds.

I refuse them permission from auditing me if the chance every happens, God forbid.
Please put an end to this and deny OntrioACHI any audit process please.
They have done enough to confuse the politicians including going along with the A770 standard.
Too much time on their hands I guess.

I don’t know. Most everything anyone would want is at www.certifiedmasterinspector.org or online somewhere. For example, if you want to see if someone was in business for more than three years, you can just go online to their local government corporate agency and see when they formed their company or incorporated, or you can go to their association’s site and see how long they’ve been a member (Secret: Every InterNACHI’s member I.D. number is that member’s join date backwards), or you can go to InterNACHI’s message board in the community tab and see when they made their first post on an inspection forum, or you can use the WhoIs function at any site that sells domain names and see when they registered their home inspection URL, or you can… I can go on and on. It isn’t hard to do any of this stuff. InterNACHI has even more data. We can see how many of our 522 hours of courses we offer were taken. We can see who attended inspection events. Who purchased inspection equipment. How many Buy Back Guarantees they register. How many online agreements they send. I can go on and on. Can someone cheat? I guess so. I’m just not seeing any evidence of that.

In all fairness, let’s look at the other credentialing association in Canada, NHICC! I’ve heard a rumor that a lot of “rubberstamping” may have happened there and I invite my good friend Claude Lawrenson to comment on that.

G

I can write them a little algorithm that compares a bunch of data points. Data plots of veteran inspectors have similar fingerprints relative to newbies.

Gilles - if you have the facts than please feel free to post it.

There lay the question.
How can someone publish in a, what are they again, an association or chapter of InterNACHI, newsletter stating that, **If you are a Certified Master Inspector, following the recent public sell-off on the InterNACHI website, you may be required to provide more proof of past skills **

Furthermore, another post goes on to say, "It’s the best marketing tool ever invented for the Home Inspection profession, but there is no audit trail. We are closing that loophole to ensure people who have purchased the CMI can at least be confident they have such an audit trail."

Now the words “no audit” and “audit” are used in two conjoining sentences?

To audit someone you must have the democratic authority to do so and be the governing body.
Whom provided this authority?