InterNACHI discount on Home Energy Audit training in Ontario.

http://www.nachi.org/ontario-green-energy-act-2009.htm

There’s no mention of how much it costs for the training.

Anywhere between 700-2000.00

Also the blower door and Manometer is 3900.00 for a good setup.

Steven Davies, CEA
Home Analyst Inspections

Is this course approved by the appropriate government authorities in Ontario?

Hi, as far as I know there is no approval from the provincial level. Its all handled by NRCAN, they are the certifying authority.

Steven

By the way the bill 150 is not even law yet…

Bill 150 will be voted on in May and if passed will become Law in October as what I have heard.
We are possibly partnering up with a Large already Lisc. by the NRCAN company to offer the course through our facility starting in May if all goes well.

One thing you really need to be aware of is that a lot of these groups providing the training are also getting you to sign exclusive contracts which means that you can only work for them and no one else. In the mean time they do not promise you any money or audits for all the money you put in.

Be very cautious.

I think you will see that soon, Humber and maybe other colleges will have the training available and then you will be alble to go to any Service Provider and be hired.

Ron

Nick,

I thought it would be great to revive this thread as the Ontario government has just announced an new initiative to bring in the mandatory home energy audits.
I am not aware of what exactly happened to bill 150 previously mentioned but they are bringing out the audits soon. I have contacted several of the "training’ companies but I have not received any return calls over the last 6 mths.
Do you think InterNACHI will again be considering an accepted course for this?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/climate-change-action-plan?_ga=1.51199209.1578751516.1461940320

http://education.nachi.org/show.php?course_id=75

This has everything that is needed to perform the work required by the Ontario Government. Getting them to accept that fact is an entirely different matter!

I’ve reviewed the geographical area I live in and there is only 1 company listed to perform such an audit. Spoke to one RE and he said they have on average 88 listing per week coming on the market how can one company/ individual handle all those audits.
I would like to get training to perform these audits but as previously mentioned it is difficult to find anyone offering training. I don’t mind the cost because this sounds like a cash cow to me with lots of benefits. If anyone knows of current available training that will provide certification in this area please let me know.

Hi Doug,

Let me know what you find out about the training and certification.

Thanks,

Ken

Government works program.
The Audit’s will be started next year .
This **Home Energy Audit training ** … is supplied by the Company you work for .
Be very cautious.

You have to work for a company some take a smaller percentage of the Invoice and others a larger % .

You will be a subcontractor .

You can get started now with increasing your knowledge.
If you are a home Inspectors one exam should be easy , The other exam is very intense on home building science many of the questions can be tricky and very intense and the answers can be very similar .
All exams are proctored and there is a charge . Cost is $150;00 each exam
Approx. cost of the equipment is about $3,000;00
You will need a computer your desk top computer will be fine .
I expect there will be many doing the audits when it gets started and there could be a shortage of man power .

There are many companies who will be doing the audits .

I have two PDF files for you , send me your email and I will send them to you .

Français](https://news.ontario.ca/opo/fr/2016/10/lontario-aide-les-proprietaires-de-maison-a-reduire-leurs-factures-denergie-grace-a-des-amelioration.html)

Ontario Newsroom
Helping Homeowners Cut Energy Bills with Retrofits and Renovations

**NewsRelease **

HelpingHomeowners Cut Energy Bills with Retrofits and Renovations

Programs Will Provide Cash Rebates to Around 37,000 Homeowners

October 31, 2016 9:25 A.M.
Office of the Premier
Ontario ismaking it easier and more affordable for homeowners to reduce their energybills and fight climate change. The enhanced home energy audit and retrofitprograms are helping to make around 37,000 additional homes more energyefficient by providing cash rebates for home energy audits and retrofits.
Today, PremierKathleen Wynne made the announcement at the home of a family who has receivedrebates for energy audits and retrofits for their home in 2016. Homeownerstaking part in the programs will be eligible to receive rebates – typically inthe range of $500 to $2,000 – toward the cost of energy audits and renovationssuch as new, energy-efficient furnaces, windows and insulation.
The retrofitswill help homeowners save on their energy bills year after year. Homerenovations to increase energy efficiency have been shown to save natural gasconsumers $1.50 to $4 for every dollar invested. The programs are availablethrough Union Gas Limited and Enbridge Gas Distribution.
Helpinghomeowners cut their energy costs by making their homes more energy efficientis part of Ontario’s plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people intheir everyday lives.
Quick Facts

• [FONT=Open Sans]Ontario is providing $100million for home energy audits and retrofits over three years through the Green Investment Fund](https://www.ontario.ca/page/green-investment-fund).
    [/FONT] - [FONT=Open Sans]The Green Investment Fund is a$325-million down payment on Ontario’s cap and trade program](https://www.ontario.ca/page/cap-and-trade) to createjobs, strengthen the economy and fight climate change.
    [/FONT] - [FONT=Open Sans]These enhanced home energyaudits and retrofit programs are expected to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by1.6 million tonnes over the lifespan of the renovations.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Open Sans]Homeowners can get rebates throughUnion Gas Limited and Enbridge Gas Distribution. The programs are available tohomes heated by oil, propane, wood and natural gas.[/FONT]

Additional Resources

• [FONT=Open Sans]Enbridge and Union Gas havecreated an online tool](https://ohecip.ca/) that automaticallydirects homeowners to the site of the utility that is offering the program intheir area, based on their postal code.
    [/FONT]
    Quotes

“We want people to be able to save money year after yearby making their homes more efficient, but it can be tough to pay for the entirecost of these projects. By expanding our rebate programs as part of the ClimateChange Action Plan, we will help more people across our province reduce theirenergy bills and their emissions.”
Kathleen Wynne
Premier of Ontario

“These programs will help homeowners reduce their energybills and ensure their homes are ready for winter. Home energy audits andretrofits are simple actions that can help homeowners save significantly. Thisinvestment will also help Ontario fight climate change.”
Glenn Thibeault
Minister of Energy

“We want to help homeowners take action in the fightagainst climate change and make it easier to transition to low-carbontechnologies. Thanks to this investment, Ontario homeowners can upgrade theirhomes, improve their energy efficiency, reduce their carbon footprint and,importantly, save money.”
Glen R. Murray
Minister of the Environment and Climate Change
“Energy conservation is an effective, long-term solutionto lower energy costs. For almost two decades, Union Gas has been a provenleader in delivering innovative natural gas energy-efficiency and conservationprograms. Our partnership with the Ontario government through the GreenInvestment Fund will expand our existing home renovation rebate program toreach another 12,000 households to lower their energy bills and reduceemissions.”
Steve Baker
President, Union Gas
“We are pleased to partner with the province on the GreenInvestment Fund, which leverages decades of energy conservation experience andexpertise at Enbridge Gas. Building on our already successful home energyconservation program, this program will help thousands of Ontarians save moneyon their energy bills while reducing their emissions significantly.”
Malini Giridhar
Vice President, Gas Supply & Business Development, ABOUT ONTARIO

Interesting those who heat with Electricity, and pay the highest heating bills are not helped.

**"Quick Facts **

• [FONT=Open Sans]Ontario is providing $100million for home energy audits and retrofits over three years through the Green Investment Fund](https://www.ontario.ca/page/green-investment-fund).
    [/FONT] - [FONT=Open Sans]The Green Investment Fund is a$325-million down payment on Ontario’s cap and trade program](https://www.ontario.ca/page/cap-and-trade) to createjobs, strengthen the economy and fight climate change.
    [/FONT] - [FONT=Open Sans]These enhanced home energyaudits and retrofit programs are expected to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by1.6 million tonnes over the lifespan of the renovations.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Open Sans]Homeowners can get rebates throughUnion Gas Limited and Enbridge Gas Distribution. The programs are available to homes heated by oil, propane, wood and natural gas. "
    [/FONT]

What about a public apology from you for my Wife! You still haven’t admitted you falsely accused her.

Anything new on these audits? Where to take the courses? Where to buy equipment? Is it worth it?