Just because you can

A different way to install equipment grounding!

Only in Canada…or is it?

Leonard, both attachments show this:

“Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator”

Yep, I noticed that too Larry, also, they are upright when I load them but fall over when they are attached. Guess it’s something in the image properties from my camera on the phone. I’ll play with them in photoshop when I’ve got time.

Hey Len regards!:slight_smile:

Was that for a home, or a municipal workforce repairing/ welding piping?
Seen this type of grounding/bonding work repair equipment recently.

Public works. Last time I checked, paint was not considered a conductor. :smiley:

Thanks Marc.

Actually, when they torque down the clamp they do so with enough force to ground the equipment.
As well: Coordination of ampacity allows the grounding conductor to remain intact, even if there is an electrical fault within the welding machine.
Note: Some welding machines may have a double insulated design. In this case, a grounding conductor connection is not required.

Would be fine if it was a welding machine. It wasn’t. It was a lighting stage with camera and audio-video recording consoles.

And no, torquing the clampdown doesn’t guarantee sufficient grounding if there are 4 or five layers of paint. They should scrape the paint clean first to give metal-metal contact.

I concur.

Repair Company working on the portable municipal water supply pipes was welding broken excavator shovel. I watched for >< 5 minutes. They grounded the welder to a fire hydrant with a spring loaded clamp. The welder performed poorly. The welded then attached a clamp similar to yours ‘with a pin at the end of the screw,’ not a pivoting round flat head contact you are accustomed to seeing, that embedded in to the cast iron metal hydrant plate. Not issues after that.

Thanks for the reply Len.
Best.
Robert