Kudos to the Toronto Star

The Toronto Star has, in my opinion, published the first informed report on the Home Inspection profession.

The Housing market in Ontario is creating massive damage to the Home Inspection Profession, but more importantly it is leaving many consumers without any protection at all.

In July, there was, according to OREA, 22,613 homes sold in Ontario. It is estimated that only 7,000 of those homes were inspected as part of the Real-Estate deal.

Even so, with those 7,000 inspections, how many hit the headlines as being badly inspected? In 2015, the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services received 100 complaints from the public about poor inspections. That was for the whole year!

At the present point in time, according to Point2Homes, there are 39,821 homes on the MLS market in Ontario. If only 30% of these get inspected, that means another 27,874 Ontario families will be putting themselves at risk by not having a home inspection. When extrapolated over the sales this year (OREA figures) over 151,486 families have chosen to take a chance on the biggest investment of their lives by buying a home without an inspection.

Tess Kalinowski, Real-estate reported for the Toronto Star, has published probably the first report in the press that is starting to identify that perhaps the home Inspection profession is not manned by the dumb klutzes we’ve been made out to be in the past, and that perhaps the risks consumers are taking with the waiving home inspections is a risk they really shouldn’t be taking.

While I recognise that there are some on this board that think OntarioACHI is a pariah, we are at least pushing this message to the press and the government, as well as other agencies in order to get our profession recognised as being better than portrayed in the past.

As for Tess’s report, two interesting points are highlighted, both by a Realtor,

• “It’s probably better to invest $500 or $600 now and not get it, <than> to get the property and have to put in thousands of dollars on repairs you had no idea about” and
  • 'Some TV portrayals of home inspectors are unfair. (<we all know who he is talking about there> ‘They can’t see through walls,’ a client whose inspection showed a house had updated wiring. But it turned out to be entirely knob and tube. The previous owner had gone through and attached new wires to the old at the points an inspector could check. ‘A buyer is going to be annoyed with the home inspector. But the reality is, it would have been impossible for the home inspector to know that,’ The realtor said"

Thanks Tess, your report has been long overdue and is very much appreciated.

While I recognise that there are some on this board that think OntarioACHI is a pariah, we are at least pushing this message to the press and the government, as well as other agencies in order to get our profession recognised as being better than portrayed in the past.

Interesting use of this word (pariah, ) .you, and some of the OntarioACHI directors have
Treated me like this on many of my posts. A very poor way to disagree with others.

I wonder why Jeffery feels he needs to come and complain about what goes on in Canada

I wonder why Jeffery feels he needs to come and complain about what goes on in Canada

Roy is back to saying nasty things and then deleting his post.

What a jerk.

Americans in most cases are great people and do help others a lot .
Some just do not get enough relief with complaining about things in USA.
They seem to think they should also complain about what goes on in Canada.
What a sad , sad life these few lead.
Looks like they are extremely jealous of Canada.

Saved so Roy can’t delete AGAIN:(

Interesting to see how Mr. Larson edits my posts .
This sort of confirms about how jealous he is .

LIAR

I edited nothing.

I hit quote. " I did not get caught"

WOW! he got caught and now he screams like a jealous baby !!
Tell me Michael why do you keep complaining about what goes on in Canada

LIAR

Too bad no defence and does not answer questions .

Sure looks like jealousy too me .

I sure am glad he does not live in Canada.

Roy, both of us know you are lying

Signs You’re Arguing With A Psychopath

http://themindsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/signs-youre-arguing-with-a-psychopath.jpg

Psychopaths make up one percent of the general population and, contrary to popular belief, most of them aren’t serial killers.
They’re manipulative people who intentionally cause harm to others without any sense of remorse or responsibility.
Psychopaths are social chameleons who can fit perfectly into any situation. They are experts at morphing their identities to get what they want and mirroring others for money, sex, and — most commonly — attention. Because of their ability to idealize others, psychopaths are often perceived as charming, innocent, and fun to unsuspecting onlookers and casual acquaintances.
But there is another side to them.
When they’re feeling threatened or bored, a psychopath’s true colors start to come out. They draw you into arguments that are unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. The argument usually stems from something hurtful or inappropriate they’ve done, but you’ll quickly find that you’re the one defending yourself.
It’s sort of like good cop, bad cop, demented cop, stalker cop, scary cop, baby cop.
Here are 6 warning signs that the person you’re arguing with is a psychopath and it’s time to disengage.

1. They lie and make excuses.

Everyone messes up every now and then, but psychopaths recite excuses more often than they follow through with promises. Their actions never match up with their words and their lies disappoint you so frequently that you actually feel relieved when they do something halfway decent. They’ve conditioned you to become grateful for mediocre treatment.

2. Their tone is condescending and patronizing.

Psychopaths often try to make you unhinged in an attempt to gain the upper hand. Throughout the entire argument, you’ll notice that they keep a calm and cool demeanor. It’s almost as if they’re mocking you — gauging your reactions to see how much further they can push. When you finally react emotionally, that’s when they’ll raise their eyebrows, smirk, tell you to calm down, or feign disappointment.

3. They employ mind-blowing hypocrisy.

In heated arguments, psychopaths have no shame and will often begin labeling you with their own horrible qualities. It goes beyond projection, because most people project unknowingly. Psychopaths know they are smearing you with their own flaws, because they are seeking a reaction. The point is to lure you in so that you react and seem “crazy” to onlookers.

4. They seem to have multiple personalities.

When arguing with a psychopath, you’re likely to notice a variety of their personas. It’s sort of like good cop, bad cop, demented cop, stalker cop, scary cop, baby cop. Once you begin pulling away from their manipulation and lies, they’ll start apologizing and flatter you. If that doesn’t work, they’ll suddenly start insulting the qualities they just flattered two minutes ago. As they struggle to regain control, you’ll be left wondering who you’re even talking to.

5. They play the eternal victim.](http://www.themindsjournal.com/)

Somehow, their bad behavior will always lead back to a conversation about their abusive past or a crazy ex or an evil boss. You’ll end up feeling bad for them, even when they’ve done something horribly wrong. And once they’ve successfully diverted your attention, everything will get messy again. Psychopaths cry “abuse,” but, in the end, you’re the only one being abused.

6. You feel the need to explain basic human emotions to them.

You’ll find yourself attempting to explain emotions like empathy and kindness, guided by the thought that if they understand why you’re hurt, they’ll stop hurting you. You are not the first person who has attempted to see the good in them, and you will not be the last. They behave this way *because *they know that it hurts you.

There’s only one way out of these arguments. You need to d****isengage!
Arguments with psychopaths leave you drained. You might spend hours, even days, obsessing over the argument. If you think you have the perfect response to their latest outrageous comment, they planted it there on purpose. They’retrying to provoke you. They’re trying to draw you in.
In professional environments, they want you to blow up so that coworkers and superiors see you as unstable. In romantic settings, they want you to lash out so that they can use your “hysterical” reactions to show potential partners and exes how crazy you’ve become. Until we understand this, we’ll continue to fall into their trap.
So next time someone you’re arguing with uses these tactics to draw you in, try a different strategy: simply smile, nod, and go live your life.
They don’t deserve another second of your time

Len, my apologies to you for the misdirection of this thread. Thanks for sharing the article with all us Americans that follow the industry threads even if they are Canadian related. I also shared it on social media as I also have many Canadian followers. It does also apply to some areas of the States.

Woops sounds like Jeffery comes to the Canadian Board to tell all just whatsort of a person he is .

Many of us already know what Jeffery Jonas is like .

I see no advantage on his bragging about it .

Woops sounds like Jeffery comes to the Canadian Board to tell all just whatsort of a person he is .

Many of us already know what Jeffery Jonas is like .

I see no advantage on his bragging about it .

Roy remains a LIAR

He knows it or is senile. Perhaps both.

Good work Len. Thanks for posting.