Mike Holmes "Make It Right"

Tell me how Mike Holmes can say in his new show he will fix to Code when he can’t even build a deck right to Code?
Than he and his partner get a kiss from the Home Owners wife on TV.:shock:
I’ll give you a hint! Even Page Peters know more about Decks.

When are you Canadians going to thank Mike for making an *** of himself, making a fist full of dollars in the process and make unknowing TV viewers know that home inspectors even exist?

Oh yea, Mike says “your home inspector should have seen this…”

Well have you looked a some of the questions home inspectors are asking “this” days?

He has done some good for Home Inspection Industry. You can’t be good and bad at the same time can you David?

Your clients don’t know how bad he is, and he is not inspecting their house anyway. You are.

Mike’s best competence is watching his - already huge - bank account grow!
G

Well actually sometimes that is true David. At least the deck they did do will not fall down and was built better than the original. Any regular Home Inspector taking one course in Nachi on Decks would have done better. Was it to Code at even minimum? Not even close!

This just in!!! Mike Holmes official Bobblehead. LOL
http://makeitright.ca/Holmes_Products/merchandise/accessories/mike-holmes-official-bobblehead

Yes have you seen some of the answers they receive too.

I’m very interested to know what was not up to code on his deck. Can someone illustrate the codes that have been violated? This would be good to know.

Thanks.

Love him or hate him, you have to respect his ability to market and build a brand. Although It’s been at the expense of the industry as a whole. Unfortunate!

Go to the InterNachi portion done up by Page Peters and the Deck Inspection and you will get your answer on several issues.
Go to the Deck building code and see the rest.
Come back and answer it as it would take too long to go over and will cause another debate on Code issues for each area.
Keep this in mind when you watch the program again that he uses his crew to build above minimum code and makes these statements on HGTV constantly.

The only code Actor Mike Holmes masters is his banking code.

G

“Go to the InterNachi portion done up by Page Peters and the Deck Inspection and you will get your answer on several issues.”

What issues specifically are incorrect?

“Go to the Deck building code and see the rest.”

What codes specifically are violated?

“Come back and answer it as it would take too long to go over and will cause another debate on Code issues for each area”.

Why? It’s a simple deck. You can do it in point form if you like. No one expects to debate the codes. It would be nice to know exactly which codes he violated in the area the deck was built.

“Keep this in mind when you watch the program again that he uses his crew to build above minimum code and makes these statements on HGTV constantly.”

Yes. This is what he does. What codes has he violated? What does he do wrong specifically, with respect to Page Peters data, etc…?

I would have to painfully go through it again, sorry no time at this moment.

Understood. He therefore has not violated any codes, etc…since this simple deck having only a few components cannot be commented on. It seems to be easy to state that he violated codes, but not so easy to identify those codes.

Actually he went above the building code here and installed lag bolts into the house framing. That is not a requirement here.

Trust me he violated the Code on open TV many times.

I like Mike. Been watching since 2003.

See what I mean!
But on other things it was just a big show with violations clear as day.
Remember that none of us here do Inspections to minimum codes ever. But if you make statements you go way above but cant follow a simple guide for deck building. What does that say?
He has gotten progressively better but at what cost?