Need help

I have gained a lot of Knowledge over the years and love giving help where I can .
I drove 7 hours to go to my first NACHI meeting 2004.
I met NICK at a new Inspectors group in I think ERIE Pennsylvania .
I went on to chair the first two NACHI meeting in Canada .
Nick had me up on the stage explaining Home Inspection to mostly New want to Home Inspectors.
Well I have not stopped since then an enjoy sharing some of my ideas with all .
If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to help you .

How much longer do you think you’ll last before it’s time for your dirt nap?:shock:

Thanks, Roy. You are appreciated.

Appreciate it Roy…thanks for all you do

Years ago, I was late to a huge meeting where I was to be giving a presentation on marketing to inspectors. I finally got to the event an hour late figuring I was in big trouble. I rushed into the room and found the crowd on the edge of their seats listening to my presentation. Roy, realizing I was going to be very late, got up out of his chair in the audience and covered for me. When I got there he was doing my presentation from memory in my absence. He graciously transitioned the stage to me and we pulled the event off without a hitch. Saved my butt.

That is what I heard also Nick, It is too bad when you get up in age young punks think they have all the answers. Just watched “Canada’s Greatest Know it all” and it proved on the show how much older people should be appreciated. The oldest man on the show had a grade 9 education and had more knowledge than all the others.
Knowledge comes with experience on the job learning not from text books. I really loath people that do not have respect for individuals like Roy.

Roy has been a big asset to NACHI. What’s age got to do with it Kevin? On another note, (http://www.nachi.org/forum/f52/cant-hide-behind-net-70387/)

Roy is awesome, i have never asked specifically for help (i probably will at some point though), but i have read a lot on the MB and he has lots of good things to say that DO help. Aslo look at the signature block, need help, not pimping his company (like us) just hanging out to help us out. Why not take the help?

Totally opposite of some guys who just spew venom on the MB, to what end is that anyway?

**Sold his business and retired. Nothing to “pimp”. **

Perhaps you should peruse a couple of the threads here that are currently exposing just how helpful Roy D. Cooke really is.

Just sayin’.

He is very helpful!
This is how he helped me the first time I asked a question after joining
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/need-organizing-advice-bad-68944/index3.html

As you can see he told me that 90% of new home inspectors fail in their first 3 years ANd waste
$10,000.
I was so glad he could help me with that comment. Made me so confident and happy to be part of this profession.

Thanks Roy.

Over a year ago I was invited by the Ontario Government to a seminar in Kitchener on Radon .
Great class good information about 70 people attended only about 12 where Home Inspectors .
Last year I attended a Trade Conference and they had a mini seminar on Radon ,
Only about 5 where in the class and this worked extremely well as we all where able to ask questions and we learned about what is coming in the future for Canada.
Well recently I was invited to a Canadian Government webinar on Radon .
It lasted the better part of the afternoon ,we where encouraged to ask questions .
This went very well and there where about 60 on line only about 8 where Home Inspectors .
They sent out a CD of information and they included all the Class questions and the answers .
I have better idea of what will be the future in Canada on Radon .

Thanks Roy, were you busy helping homies yesterday? There was a controversy here yesterday related to your “helping people” with SEO. I guess you missed it. Welcome back.

I think it was the “use white fonts in your profile msg to squash your competition and get away with it” edition.

You had something to do with helping to promote the use of fire suppression systems in new construction in your area, too, didn’t you?

Yes I was invited to present to our Council a proposal to have all new homes equipped with Fire Sprinklers .
. All Fire Chiefs in Canada want sprinklers and it looks like they will be presenting this to the Government this year . Our Fire Chief was at the council meeting when I did my presentation .
He was please with my effort and information .
There has never been a loss of Life In a sprinkler home in Canada and sprinklers usually restrict the damage to around $8,000;00 where as no sprinklers the damage frequently passes the $200,000;00 mark and requires a complete rebuild and all personal accumulation’s are frequently lost and up too 12 months living in a rental unit .

Thanks Mike.
It is obvious to me seeing as how many letters and Phone Calls asking for Information .
One today, Sunday Morning at 8.00 AM from Kentucky we talked for a bout ten minutes and then he sent me email so I can send him some Information .
I have I think I got 6 phone Calls+~ this week from British Columbia.,California ,California ,Ontario, Ontario,Kentucky

Thanks Mike.
It is obvious to me seeing as how many letters and Phone Calls asking for Information .
One today, Sunday Morning at 8.00 AM from Kentucky we talked for a bout ten minutes and then he sent me email so I can send him some Information .
I have I think I got 6 phone Calls+~ this week from British Columbia.,California ,California ,Ontario, Ontario,Kentucky