Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Local Inspection Issues > Canadian Home Inspectors

Notices

Canadian Home Inspectors This is a place for Canadian InterNACHI inspectors and other home inspectors in Canada to discuss local home inspection topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/25/12, 4:00 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Ozone Training

Going over your web site I see about 18 things for sale and the only warning I found was on 4 ( I might have missed some ) .
WOW what a great warning telling people about the hazards on using OZONE are (other unoccupied areas. ) .
Shame on you for not giving out the truth and facts on your web site .

I am disappointed that this information is posted on the NACHI site.

http://www.o3canada.com/products/o3canada-uv6800/

$829.95
call: 1.855.323.2847
The O3Canada AT series ozone generators are designed for use as high output shock treatment tools with the added benefit of adjustable output for use in buildings and other unoccupied areas.
Ideal for use in garbage compactors, industrial restoration, auto detailing, mold remediation, crime scene cleanup, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$669.95
The O3Canada ATseries ozone generators are designed for use as high output shock treatment tools with the added benefit of adjustable output for use in buildings and other unoccupied areas.
Ideal for use in garbage compactors, industrial restoration, auto detailing, mold remediation, crime scene cleanup, etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The O3Canada CD9000 ozone generator is designed for use as high output shock treatment tool.
All models have adjustable output for use in offices and other occupied areas.
The CD9000 is designed as an up-gradable ozone generator.
It comes equipped with two generator plates that allows for 2000mg/hr
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----$861.06
The O3Canada CD 5000 ozone generator is designed for use as a high output shock treatment tool.
All models have adjustable output for use in offices and other occupied areas.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a home inspection in Saskatchewan? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Saskatchewan certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/25/12, 4:02 PM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: mhoward1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Michael. Why do you readily believe random websites that claim ozone is bad? I've already stated there are hazards to using it and precautions must be taken. You've ignored those statements in favor of your own spin and you expect people to believe you. Have you ever actually used a generator? And Roy. I'm sure you're a fine inspector, but you don't know Jack S H I T about what you're taking about. Maybe there are things you don't know but are too afraid of being proved wrong.
Old 12/25/12, 4:11 PM

Mike, you are asking me to believe you.

Please explain why anyone should.

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Old 12/25/12, 4:21 PM

Mike, I would like to see your evidence that commercial ozone application in a residential setting deals effectively with mold.

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Old 12/25/12, 4:56 PM

http://www.stateoftheair.org/2012/health-risks/health-risks-ozone.html

American Lung Association
I guess this organisation is wrong too

Donate| Download Report
Share Your Air
· Shop For Air
· Send an eCard
· Download Report

Select Your StateAlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColorad oConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIo waKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusett sMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebras kaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonW est VirginiaWisconsinWyoming

Or

Select Your StateAlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColorad oConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIo waKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusett sMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebras kaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonW est VirginiaWisconsinWyoming

Or

Enter Your Zip Code:

Ozone Pollution

It may be hard to imagine that pollution could be invisible, but ozone is. The most widespread pollutant in the U.S. is also one of the most dangerous.
Scientists have studied the effects of ozone on health for decades. Hundreds of research studies have confirmed that ozone harms people at levels currently found in the United States. In the last few years, we’ve learned that it can also be deadly.

Old 12/26/12, 9:33 AM

Great string I expect many have learned a lot about the dangers of OZONE.
It might be a good idea for those who go out with their machines to contact their Insurance company and let them know what you do and if your Insurance covers you and your company.

http://www.lung.org/associations/sta...rfactsheet.pdf

The lung association says ALL OZONE GENERATORS should not be used .
Old 12/27/12, 8:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ryoung7

ozone generation can be very dangerous. The hype behind the sellers of real estate property ozone fresheners are misguiding the public in my opinion.
Read up on the subject.
I have seen HI'S sell the product and approach INACHI HI'S to commit to their misguided ways.

In the hands of educated users and professional remediators, it is a useful and practical tool.

The problem is .................marketers who fool millions into believing ozone is safe for routine daily household use as an air purifier.
Please do your home work.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
The best home inspection offers value and service.
Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands."
http://montreal-home-inspection-services.com
http://home-inspection-companies.com
Old 12/27/12, 10:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to clawrenson

I wish I would have done a little more research before I invested in this. It seemed to be short - lived in our home. My wife and I seemed to get head aches and after we stopped using the system -the head aches stopped.

Just our personal experience with the Lennox model.

http://www.consumersdigest.com/appli...rs-whole-house

Cheers, Claude Lawrenson NACHI03121515
Inspection Support Services Inc.
"Those who can do. Those who CARE teach" and truly understand What do teachers make ?
Old 12/27/12, 10:51 AM
Certified Master Inspector

I used one for years when i was doing fire and flood restoration. I am not a fan. I would get headaches when I went in to turn them off. When I took my training the side affects were kinda swept under the rug. That was back in the eighties so safety was not as big of a concern. I sure hope things have changed. If you use them in an occupied space or not clear the building down to an acceptable level (I beleive it is 5%) then you are endangering lives!

Greg Mathias, CCHI
Journeyman Carpenter
Level I Thermographer
Global Property Inspections
(780)205-9912
Old 12/27/12, 11:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ryoung7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wand Raymond View Post
Hope all is well Raymond. Long to no hear buddy.
All the best to you are yours for the new years.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
The best home inspection offers value and service.
Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands."
http://montreal-home-inspection-services.com
http://home-inspection-companies.com
Old 12/28/12, 1:46 AM

I have also looked into this course in the past. I just didn't find a good reason for the investment. As a Home Inspector, I don't believe this service makes you any more professional or valuable. I wouldn't offer carpet cleaning to my clients, so why would I offer to deodorize their car? Don't these units come with a user manual? Why is a course necessary? I'm sure a little homework on the topic of Ozone can provide the needed education as Roy and Mike pointed out. The Internet is a beautiful thing
Old 4/18/15, 4:22 PM
InterNACHI Student

Hi Mike,

Do you have any literature on how your company is linked to the CFIA? Is the training providing a National government recognized Accredited certificate for graduates?
Old 4/18/15, 7:53 PM

[QUOTE=gtownsend;1324819]Hi Mike,

Do you have any literature on how your company is linked to the CFIA? Is the training providing a National government recognized Accredited certificate for graduates?[/QUOT

Did you look at the date of this thread? Old news
You might want to complete your profile. Where are you?

Cheers

Doug Cossar
InterNachi Lifetime Member
National Home Inspector NHICC00503
905-213 7739
Retired and living the dream!