Pilot project reply

I just received word that I did not make the pilot project list, no reason given, just wondered if any other NACHI members got turned down. I know I was one of the first ones to send in my application, I did it the day that the project was announced.

I would certainly be interested to see who they chose, I wrote back asking for a list of inspectors from BC.

Any others have any news?

Paul you are not alone I know I was the very first to get my Name in as I live 1/4 mile from the same Post office as CAHPI does .
I took my application into the Post Office had them stamp my letter January 12th and drop it into the CAHPI PO BOX .
CAHPI had not picked up there mail that day yet so getting in first did me no good.
So many strange things happen in the home inspection industry in Ontario that I seldom get surprised in what I hear.
Incidentally we might be the fortunate ones who did not get to take the exam.
Will try and keep all posted.
It will be interesting to see how the Percentages come out how fair the system is .
NACHI is the largest association in Ontario .
There are also more none association Inspectors in Ontario the association members ,the way I see it .

Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com

I did not get selected for the “pilot project” either. I was also not a member
of any association when I sent my application in. Looks like I’ll be waiting to see what the “realistic and fair certification fees” will be later this year.

I was selected. I must say that I sent my application in to Roy who took it to the post office the same day the notice of application came out. Roy sent a cheque in along with my application and his. Mr. Cooke paid on my behalf and wrote a cheque for $214 (tax incl.)for both of us. Strange they would not have picked him, maybe they are slow in getting all the notices out. Roy did they cash your cheque?

I have not been asked to resubmit payment and I was accepted.

GOOD Luck to all who made the cut This should be very interesting to see how things work out .
As per usual very little information has been forth coming but this is exactly what has happened from day one .
I have never heard who is making the decisions or how this could effect all inspectors in Canada .
It goes back to trust us , I am sorry but past experience still has not shown those unknown who are making all these decisions should be trusted .
I am now hearing that more unusual things are happening in the Ontario Inspection associations.
The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Can some one put this to music ,Sort of sounds nice.
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

Ray,congratulations,I think?

“I have not been asked to resubmit payment and I was accepted.”

I am good for the $107 dollars! So I will get this straightened out. Thanks for the info.

Roy and Roy

Thanks. Going in with eyes wide open.

Regards,

Ray, Nice to see someone from this group get accepted. I’m sure you will keep us all well informed about the prcocess. Good Luck.

Who was it that said; any club that would have me as a member, I would not want to a member of that club… :slight_smile: :wink:

The answer is simple if you belonged to CAPHI thru OAHI or such you stood a better chance.

I understand that only apox 6 others outside of CAPHI members applied.

So if you did not belong to CAPHI you go to the bottom of the list.

So much for fairness, but I think this is an olive branch from CAPHI to OAHI.

See CAPHI likes OAHI, please please OAHI lets not fight we need you(OAHI)
to make this work. Please please OAHI don’t mess this up on us. PLEASE!!!

Interesting It would be nice to know how many NACHI members applied and if any of them where excepted .
Remember Ray is a Retired member of OAHI so he might be Associated to CAHPi via that membership. Time will show if NACHI was treated fair.

The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !

Yes I am a NACHI member and OAHI applicant and sent my application in via next day service. I am very dissappointed with what I consider a change in process for selecting applicants!
I attended the OAHI meeting in toronto and when I asked about the selection criteria as originally identified in the notice as being first come basis my answer was that the selection was based on if you met the criteria of 200 hours of education or other criteria in the process. Which I believed was to be evaluated on an individual basis along with experience, inspections and related education if you were selected for NCA pilot!
I am not crying sour grapes, just concerned about due process.

Allan
4 inspections today
89 so far in 2006
not bad for a guy trying to get recognized - eh!
want to learn how
www.aciss.ca
Looking for good inspectors in southern ontario!

Allan,

Remember when someone used the word “those chosen” back a few threads ago? And I asked if the word “chosen” was a Freudian slip in the postees reply? If you remember that, I rest my case.

That was not how it was promoted and I thought it was first come first served. I guess if one is a member of Oahi you may have more pull.

Sorry to hear you were not “chosen”.

Obviously with so many inspections I would probably be correct in assuming your association status has no influence on the number of inspection you have done thus far. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not concerned with my experience or inspections but only that the announcement - from my recollection, because I can not find the original - stated that the first 100 applicants would be chosen for the pilot.
That is the only reason I expedited my app to CAHPI. Please note that I am always early for inspections too!

Allan
www.aciss.ca
looking for good inspectors to grow

Got the bad news too!:roll: :roll:

I urge everyone who applied from NACHI to record your information on this message board. I would also like to know what the criteria was for the pilot project… it will be interesting to see how many cahpi, oahi independent and nachi members are on the pilot study. No doubt that info will emerge at some time.

Maybe a simple poll would do…

1. Did you apply?
  2. What date did you apply?
  3. Were you accepted?

I also applied and did not get accepted. They did say they put me on a list and after the pilot project was completed they would contact me.

If this project was funded in any way with tax dollars, there should be full disclosure of the process and a break down/criteria for inspector selection.

It seems from what I am hearing if you are Nachi member exclusively you likely were not chosen. I do not know of anyone in Nachi who was chosen. I think I was chosen because I am still a member of OAHI as a Retired member.

As I have said all along this is a program funded in large part by the Federal Government. I am wondering if Nachi was excommunicated because Nick would not sign on. Perhaps this is a form of punishment or a snub.