Radon Class in Oakville and Ottawa

Take advantage of the early bird price…it ends today Jan. 31 2008 That’s today guy’s!!

The course is two days Feb.29-March 1

I will be there!!!

[FONT=Arial]Radon Class in Oakville.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Whether you are an experienced radon professional or are new at radon testing, this is the course for you! The Radon Measurement course is a fast-paced, comprehensive, 2-day training program with all the information you will need to conduct accurate and reliable radon measurements in buildings. The course is designed for the building or environmental professional who would like to expand their horizons by adding radon testing to the range of services offered.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Course Fee:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]$339.00 [/FONT][FONT=Arial]for advance registration by January 31 for the Oakville course and March 18 for the Ottawa course. $395.00 for registration after these dates. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]For US participants, the course fees are the same in US dollars.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The fee includes 16 hours of instruction, interaction and practical hands-on sessions, 200 page manual, power-point presentation, lunch both days and GST. Course fees are tax deductible.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Register early; spaces in the course are limited.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]In Canada, this course meets Health Canada guidelines for radon measurement proficiency. It is recognized by the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI) and the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]In the USA, the course is certified by the National Radon Safety Board (NRSB) and the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Who Should Attend?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Those who want to advance their career in this highly rewarding area of indoor air quality, and generate additional income, should attend this course.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The course is especially important if you are working in the following professions:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Home Inspector[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Professional Engineer[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Engineering Technician[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Radiation Technologist[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Energy Auditor [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Environmental Consultant[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Building Contractor[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Safety Inspector[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]HVAC Contractor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]No previous experience with radon testing methods is needed. Good communication skills are important. Experience with indoor air quality and building ventilation methods will be helpful, but not required.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]To verify professional qualification to Provincial authorities, a Certificate of Proficiency, showing 16 hours of continuing education credits, will be earned upon successful completion of the course.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Course Objectives[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Become familiar with the methods for measuring radon gas including E-PERM monitors and continuous monitors.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Be aware of the mechanics of radon entry into buildings.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Master the radon measurement protocols needed to produce valid results according to Canadian and American regulations.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Know the requirements for closed house conditions.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Understand the radioactive decay chain from uranium that is the source of radon gas and its radioactive decay products.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Review the health effects of radon gas exposure, and the need for mitigating buildings with high levels of radon gas.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Become familiar with the basic radon reduction techniques used by mitigation contractors in Canada and the northern United States.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Unlock your abilities for advertising and promoting your radon measurement services.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Be able to discuss radon testing with prospective clients, trades people and regulatory officials to effectively increase your business level and maximize customer satisfaction.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]The Need for Radon Testing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Radon gas is a serious carcinogen that has been found in homes throughout Canada. It originates from the natural decay of small amounts of uranium in soil and rock. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking. Increasing numbers of Canadian homeowners are having their houses tested for radon gas. Radon is a serious health issue in schools.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Being colourless, odorless and tasteless, testing for radon is the only way that a homeowner can know if there is a radon problem. Houses being listed for sale need a radon test to show that the house is safe. Home buyers should request radon test results. New homes need to be tested to verify that radon reduction techniques have been successful and that the house is safe for occupancy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Course Instructor[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    Bernie Katz[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]is the Training Director and General Manager of Environmental Solutions Association, Williamsport , PA ;[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]has over 35 years experience in training and management;[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]is an expert in indoor air quality testing including radon, moulds and allergens;[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]is a qualified instructor for topics of indoor air quality;[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]has trained over 500 building professionals in the area of indoor air quality.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Agenda[/FONT]
    **[FONT=Arial]**Day 1-Friday
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    7:30 Registration[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]8:00 Radon Fundamentals[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Atoms and Ionization (60 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Introduction to Radon and Radioactivity (90 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Sources of Radon (30 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Radon Health Risks (30 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Review and test (30 minutes)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]12:00 Lunch Break[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]12:30 Radon Entry and Behavior[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Basic Radon Entry Facts (60 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Mechanics of Radon Entry (75 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Indoor Radon Concentrations and Behavior (90 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Review and test (30 minutes)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]4:45 Adjournment [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Day 2-Saturday[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] 8:00 Radon Measurement Techniques and Equipment[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Measurement Objectives and Protocols (60 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Radon Testing Equipment and EPA Protocols (120 minutes)
    -with hands-on workshop[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Radon Measurement Proficiency Protocols (60 minutes)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]12:00 Lunch Break[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]12:30 Quality Control and Mitigation[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Quality Control/Quality Assurance Protocols (30 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Consumer Information and Test Interference Controls (45 minutes)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Overview of Radon Mitigation (30 minutes)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Course review and test (120 minutes)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]4:15 Wrap-up[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]The Oakville course is being presented at the Oakville Golf Club which is 30 minutes from Toronto (Pearson) International Airport .[/FONT]
    To reserve your seat please call Malissa at 570-326-7360 or email malissa@esaassociation.com
    Please feel free to visit our website at www.esaassociation.com](http://www.esaassociation.com/)

I just finished talking with Michele at ESA and she told me that they will honour the discount until tomorrow!!

Bump

I just read about the Radon course and it sounds interesting. I’ll see you there.:mrgreen: </IMG>

Looks to me like the Canadians are paying more for the same course given in the USA.and they do not have a late fee either. Does not seem fair to me .
Take it on line save another $100;00…Cookie

[size=2]InterNACHI®️ Forum - InterNACHI®️ Forum - A community for home inspectors](InterNACHI®️ Forum - InterNACHI®️ Forum - A community for home inspectors)

http://pa.nachi.org/greaterphiladelphia/event265.html

Event Details

Back to Event List
ESA Initial Radon Inspection Course

2/23/2008 (8:00 AM) -
2/24/2008 (8:00 AM)
This event is open to everyone.
Register for this event

Capacity: 30
Event Cost: $299.00

Optional fee for NEHA-NRPP Exam: $125.00
Best Western Independence Park Inn
235 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Get Directions

For more information or to confirm your registration, contact:
Scott Gilligan
215-888-4943

[/size]

Looks like it is available on line for less money . Roy
[FONT=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][size=3] IR Radon Measurement Course

https://site352.mysite4now.com/envirosol/www/store/store/catalog/radon.jpg

This course is NEHA approved. Covers Radon fundementals, Radon entry and behavior in buildings, Radon measurement protocols, equipment, Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans and includes EPA Citizen’s Guide to Radon and EPA Consumer Guide to Radon Reduction. Course includes Power Point CD and Video. NEHA exam can be issued at a Proctored location near you.

Price $195.00
List price $595.00 ~ You save $400.00 [/size][/FONT]

Roy,

I’m not a big fan of on-line classes, I seem to get more out of in class courses.
Can you imagine if we did Level 1 on-line. Personally I would have been lost!!
The added cost for the Oakville class is probably travel for the instructor and course material. It’s only a $50 difference. Anyway I’m in!

Is it snowing in Brighton?

Snow just a little we can see about 200 feet and only have 6 inches on the ground should keep coming like this for the next 24 hours.
Not bad.
Getting ready to do an inspection.

First time I have done a long Course on the phone 8 hours last Saturday and 8 hours Sunday .
IR with John Mc and Will D was great for me.
…Cookie

Mario…I’m about an hour and a half North of Roy. We’ve got a foot of snow so far and it’s still coming down.
I started up the snow-blower about 5pm and blew the auger belt. Now the machine’s sitting in parts til I can get a new belt tomorrow. Have to get the driveway cleared so I can get to work in Belleville tomorrow.

I have a cottage on Belmont lake, not far from you.BTW Get that shovel out of the garage…it’s good exercise!!!

Tried that, takes too long. The driveway is a quarter of a mile long, winding up and around a hill. Got the belt on at noon, then took 3 hours to clear the driveway. Didn’t make it to Belleville, tomorrow;s another day.

Brian Jones