Save on your mobile costs

OntarioACHI has been working with TELUS to jointly develop a uniquer Home Inspectors Mobile Phone Plan. We have managed to get agreement with TELUS that we can offer this plan to ALL Home Inspectors across Canada, irrespective of whether they are OntarioACHI members or not.

All applications for the plan have to be submitted through OntarioACHI. More information here.

To confirm. This offer is open through OntarioACHI to ALL inspectors from ALL associations across ALL of Canada.

Good job Leonard

Also check out Wind mobile, for 45 bucks a month unlimited NA calling unlimited text and data. Great if you live in a Wind zone Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, GTA and Ottawa) I have been with wind for four years now, I rarely leave the ‘zone’ and when I do it is only pennies.

Also check out Wind mobile, for 45 bucks a month unlimited NA calling unlimited text and data. Great if you live in a Wind zone Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, GTA and Ottawa) I have been with wind for four years now, I rarely leave the ‘zone’ and when I do it is only pennies.

And when you need a new phone check out staples for unlocked phones, I paid $179 for a motorola moto E I am very pleased with, no more contracts, no fees to change providers.

Yep sounds great still on same price … Roy
Shows covering Toronto and all around too
https://www.windmobile.ca/network-and-coverage/coverage

Wind has limited coverage. If you want to compare like-for-like plans you have to go to one of the big three. Telus-Rogers-Bell.

I use Wind for personal phone service. It doesn’t work very well (or at all) in the following locations very well. Home-Depot, Lowes, Costco, Zehrs, Loblaws - any other building that has a lot of steel, and basements.

Wind is now part of the SHAW network (since February 4, 2016), and has limited coverage because of the technology they use. The frequencies are in the spectrum that are heavily affected by other radio transmission. While it allows them to have transmitters further apart, it also means that the signals are often much weaker.

If you are near a Wind transmission tower, then stay on Wind. If you are using one of the other Telcos, then this plan is a no brainer.

We contacted both Bell and Rogers for a comparative analysis BEFORE agreeing to this TELUS plan, and both said this plan was not real, it couldn’t be done, and “no-way would they entertain trying to match it”

Guess what, it’s their loss. I’ve already applied to switch and am looking forward to saving myself $55 a month, that’s $660 a year, AND getting myself a new Samsung S7 32Gb!

Wind Mobile provides UMTS wireless services with High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) for data, using its license for UMTS on Band IV. Using this band, user equipment transmits at 1710–1755 MHz, and receives at 2110–2155 MHz. While Wind "claims to have 4G technology, the fastest service they offer (as of this post) is using HSPA+ which is a 3G technology.

I had TELUS and it did not give me good coverage in Prince Edward county moved to Rogers much better

I use Rogers for personal phone service. It doesn’t work very well (or at all) in the following locations very well. Home-Depot, Lowes, , Loblaws - any other building that has a lot of steel, and basements.

My Bell phone worked fine in all those locations. But the TELUS plan offers me a great deal, and I know the Samsung phone has fantastic transmission/reception capabilities, and with a 32Gb RAM and expandable memory to 200Gb, it’s a deal I’m not prepared to watch go by.

You got to save a lot of money on phone service to make up for one lost inspection due to poor reception .

I was with Rogers up until 2006. Then I switched to TELUS and never looked back. I hear lots of complains about Rogers and their customer service, fraudulent bills etc. TELUS was great for me for 10 years, and this is a great plan Len that you arranged. I would switch to it but I don’t use lots of data and my current plan with TELUS is about $70/month.

Yuri, Thanks for confirmation about what we believe is a FANTASTIC plan from TELUS. Nice to know that you have also found their service to be great.

We liked it because it gives UNLIMITED North America text an Calling (calls originating from Canada), no-one else could give that PLUS 3 gigs of data AND call-forwarding for less than $90.

So far, we’ve had nothing but great service from them. OntarioACHI has 3 (yes 3) local service agents working with us for our members. Not some “automated voice” that keeps you on hold for ages while you wait for the number that will put you through to an offshore, outsource menu reader. TELUS has promised they will handle all our service calls here in Canada. So far…so good.

Wind works well for me where I is, so I will stick with them until that changes. I am concerned about the Shaw take over and will be watching this closely. IMO cable TV companies with their poor tech support, lousy customer service and monopolistic practices have no business being in the phone business, that goes for Rogers too, plenty of Rogers horror stories from people I know.
I use Telus for home internet, hosting my website and my old landline, which turned out to be great business tool. I also own some of their stock because how impressed I am with their ability to squeeze money from their customers, if ya can’t beat them, join them. I have been with Telus since they were Alberta Government Telephones, they know how to run a phone biz.
I can get unlimited CA phone calls from Telus for 60 bux a month on a regular plan available to anyone, so I am wondering what the great deal for $75 is?
I don’t need the rest of NA, or data, I already have a Terrabyte on Google drive that I can access with my cell phone, tablet or PC.
They also require a telus phone and a contract. For me monthly service contracts longer than a month are a deal breaker.

Erik, the data is storage, it’s bandwidth. If like me you use your mobile devices for Inspection reports, you can quickly chew up 2Gb a data bandwidth, which is what you get from the other Telcos. 4Gb will cost you $90 plus. The 3Gb is about right for 30 inspections per month.

Call forwarding is not available on any other plan less than $145. Voicemail is limited on most Bell/Rogers plans unless you pay extra.

If you don’t have the need for NA calling, then that’ parts no use to you, but if again like many of us who perform “ancillary inspections” and have to talk to the U.S. the N.American calling is priceless. With Bell I frequently get clobbered $60-$70 to call the U.S.

I work on a 2year plan because it helps me manage my business expenditure. All-in services are great because there is no fluctuation. My service areas covers from Niagara Falls to Kitchener-Waterloo and across to the border of Mississauga and up to Georgian Bay. I can’t afford to have a crappy Telco service, which is what Wind supplies here.

Bang on there Roy.

After all the cracks I’ve made about Samsung… I switched - Nice looking tool!

Great customer service to date!
Answered all questions posed without a concern. How refreshing to deal with Professional service providers!

Best regards,
Pat

Nothing beats the simplicity of iPhone. :smiley:

I disagree Yuri. :smiley:

http://www.arctos.com/dial/candlestick-1.jpg

Choose from this list of phones
http://business.telus.com/en/business/phones-cat?INTCMP=NavMenu_TCB_Mobility_MobilePhones

Assorted models on sale when you sign up!

Rogers sucks…prices terrible…advertise as the largest LTE network …half the time can’t get LTE in the smaller towns you sit and watch the circle go round as you try to upload anything…Bell even worse, terrible customer service … I left Bell because of it.
Telus has come a long way. When my term is up with Rogers I am outta there! JM2c’s