Schedule A inspection

I need some help trying to put an age on a furnace and water heater and a joist span question.
Furnace:

H/W tank

Floor joist span is over 15ft Long on an addition 16"OC 2 x 10’s No beams or support posts. Span goes from block foundation to block foundation in crawlspace addition.
Seems a bit long for me …a bit of bounce.

Does anyone know what these are?? cold water line.
Just threw this one in!!

Thanks

AO Smith- 2nd letter (sometimes first i.e. Kenmore and GSW) equals the month and the next two digits are the year.

Rheem & Rudd: in the middle of the serial number will be a letter “F” or “M” the following four numbers are the week and year.

They allow Romex to hang on top of copper waterline?

Ruud… 24th week of 2002

GSW… 7th week of 2002

Depends on wood species, but my rule of thumb… if you feel bounce and see no reason for it, it’s overspanned… refer to qualified person.

Nope… but guess… water hammer arrestors, but doesn’t really make sense when paired together.

Average is 15 feet for most types of 2x10 joist lumber. You can recommend support in the middle just because it is minimum according to standards today. This is based on 20psf.

Oh… let’s nit-pick!!!

Support does not need to be in the middle. Depends on species of wood! Why make room space potentially unuseable when you could possibly place support 1-2-3 ft from the wall???

Never report on the cure for a defect, especially a support beam.

Thanks Bob you were bang on. That romex is the least problem here with this house in an electrical sense…no wonder the owner walked away. I will post some horror pics soon. This was a bank sale.
Beam span thanks guys spruce lumber grade “A” …I thought initially they were only 8" but i went back to my truck and got my tape. This was a hell hole complete with satanic symbols.

Those are “magnetic water conditioners”. I have seen one only once before and a good thing too. Another snake oil product pushed on the unknowing public.

http://www.nmsr.org/magnetic.htm

Good timing to be in house like this! Halloween is right around the corner.

I know I was scared! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

The support is under the crawlspace hardly useable space, storage only.

Secondly “never report on the cure or defect”, but you have done just that, recommend putting the beam out 1-2-3 feet from the wall.

Just want to make sure you realized what you posted. :wink:

I know exactly what I wrote.

**I see the tag team of Roy and Ray has finally shown up. After a few days of hiding and deleting posts, he finally sends you in to attack me. **

Both of you, F*ck Off !!!

Jeffery You sure do lack **Diplomacy **

You seem to feel you can correct ( Attack) others but they should never show you your errors .

Jeffery You sure do lack **Diplomacy **

You seem to feel you can correct others but they should never show you your errors .
You are a great asset to NACHI and this is a great post on an open Forum available to the public to see just how some members operate.
Not Needed and not a proper way to behave .

No further comment needed I see the professionalism is alive and well, and you cannot support your proposition.

Do your clients a favour do not dispense your knowledge that is lacking in so many ways!

Yup that’s what you wrote, maybe you didn’t mean to write it that way, but that’s what it says and implies.

And obviously you are a very good example why you should not be offering advice on repairs because you have no idea what you don’t know.

The only defect here is you, and that may explain much! :mrgreen:

Roy, shall I post all the examples of your bad behavior, name calling and lying on this message board?

What a hypocrite you are.:roll:

Michael you shouldn’t be calling the kettle black.

You have made your fair share of comments that you could never back up.

Your a fine example.

Who the F*CK are you to tell me how to behave you crotchety old basturd?!!! People on this message board are long tired of the crap you espouse here. If more people had the balls to stand up to you, this would be a much better Association. I understand why they don’t, though, and I am here to make sure their opinions are heard!!! This was a beautiful place after your membership was TERMINATED! It has gone downhill ever since your return. Leave me alone. You have been warned!

Hmmm… reminds me of a few posts from Mario a couple of years ago!

Are you making threats? So much for your espoused professionalism.

Clean up your language too it’s not indicative of a person who wants to be seen as intelligent let alone being able to muster a professional response!

Here we go again another Buffoon who is trying intimadation .
Please I have asked you before to please tell all why I was removed from NACHI .
I do not think you know so you started by posting incorrect information and when shown your error you just ignored it

People on this message board are long tired of the crap you espouse here. Gee I see only two you and the one I Have on my (ignore list. )

It is obvious your are jealious I get many emails and there are some posted

I get many thanks go here and see my friends
http://www.nachi.org/forum/users/rcooke/

Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7

1. http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/misc/unknown.gif
    10/23/11 11:34 AM
    wmisegades](http://www.nachi.org/forum/users/wmisegades/)

Hey Roy, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it. Allowing us to call you if we have a question while on a job is priceless!