vermiculite

Has anyone ever seen vermiculite in a burlap bag? In an attic?

No most - I’ve experienced were originally in paper type bags.

Great find!

Have a pic Timothy?
I am sure homies would love to see this example of manufacturing and save it for their archives.

Here’s one example

Picturesept07 349.jpg

Claude, thanks as always.
Hope you and your endeavors are doing well.

I have 2 photos of vermiculite in manufactured and labeled bags.
I also have 4 separate samples in clear bags from attics, walls and fireplaces in my desk.

I was hoping the member could post an image if he had one of the burlap example.:slight_smile:
I have never seen vermiculite in a burlap sack.

It is OK if he does not. You can not photograph every single thing.

Best regards!
Robert

Would like to upload the photos of the bags with vermiculite but need help in doing so. I have the pictures on my computer just need to get them on the thread. If anyone could let me know I will post them
tim

Sorry looks like I got it. Here they are. Do not look like any bags containing vermiculite I have ever seen.

More info -

Lets clear the air here. Not all vermiculite insulation contains asbestos fibers.

The only such product was mined in Libby Montana and sold as ZONOLITE. The asbestos fibers constituted less that 1-2%.
This product is not a hazard if left alone, undisturbed.

We should report it when found but we need to be sure people understand that asbestos related illness come from extended exposure to high levels of friable asbestos fibers.
You can’t catch asbestosis like you can catch a cold

Hope this helps

Cheers

Was there vermiculite under the Roxul insulation? Did the bags say vermiculite or did you open one, because I don’t see any vermiculite in your photos.

Geez Louise!!!

Thanks. I only see a burlap bag atop rook wool.

:roll:OK, who hide my glasses again…come on…fess up!

Rock Wool.

Is that snow Tim?

1: Suspect: Blocked eave venting.
Were the eave blocked.
Turn off your flashlight.
You should see defused light from the roof eave periphery when you enter the opening.

2: Look at the common rafters at the sheathing.
The fasteners staining maybe a sign of worn shingles and poor venting.