Walkthroughs

HI,

When performing a walkthrough inspection for a client is a contract necessary? If so, does anyone have wordage for such?
Also any words of wisdom or caution?

Thanks,
Charles

100% of the liability for 25% of your fee.

Think he is saying to have a well worded contract ,if using one.

Write walkthrough inspection only on your agreement. No warranty or report.

I agree with you James, make it simple.

I tried this here in the Ottawa area, never felt comfortable doing it. Clients were fine and a couple had me come back to do full inspections on the same house when they decided on which they wanted. I don’t recommend it though. My thinking is: we have an expertise and it should be used to it’s fullest and paid for to it’s fullest. I don’t know if there is a protocol or sop for a walkthrough, so how far do you go? It doesn’t seem to take any less time either.Just my experience. If you are trying to bring in more business, it’s not the way to go in my opinion.

In this area the homes are going to bidding wars as soon as they go on the market. I had a client ask if I could do a “Hope” or walkthrough inspection for them. This is why I’m asking if there is a contract or wording that I can use. I agree I don’t feel comfortable doing walkthroughs either (or PDI’s for that matter).

Charles