widespread outages

New Hydro One deploys crews to U.S. to help restore power after brutal nor’easter

Hydro One says it has mobilized approximately 150 power line workers and another 25 support staff

The Canadian Press Posted: Mar 04, 2018 7:37 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 04, 2018 7:37 AM ET

Chief Operating Officer Greg Kiraly says this is the fourth time in the past year that Hydro One has deployed resources to help out other utilities. (Hydro One)     

Related Stories

•       Nor'easter along U.S. East Coast leaves widespread outages       ](http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-coastal-storm-1.4560953)

Hydro One is sending crews to the Boston and Baltimore areas to help restore power in the wake of the brutal nor’easter that hammered the U.S. and parts of Atlantic Canada last week.
    Along with tidal waves and coastal flooding, the storm caused power outages that left more than a million Americans shivering in the dark.
    In a release issued early Sunday morning, Hydro One says it has mobilized approximately 150 power line workers and another 25 support staff to help with the restoration effort.

• Nor’easter along U.S. East Coast leaves widespread outages

The Ontario utility says its crews should get to the affected areas by this evening.
As part of the North Atlantic Mutual Assistance Group, Hydro One has reciprocal agreements with North American utilities to provide assistance during major power outages, with all costs covered by the utilities receiving help.
Chief Operating Officer Greg Kiraly says this is the fourth time in the past year that Hydro One has deployed resources to help out other utilities.

I was reading about the devastation that Northeaster left in its wake.
So sorry for all the effected individuals.

Montreal missed most of that Northeaster, as well as other inclement weather that grazed south western Quebec over the last 10 days. Been lucky so far.

Personally, I had enough of the cold, snowy winter.
Lets hope spring is better than last year. The ice left late, water flooded shorelines until late June or Early July depending were you where situated on Lac St Louise waterway or up the St Lawrence all the way up to Lake Ontario.

I was fortunate and able to moor my boat at the start of the boating season being in the center free floating mooring. The two piers to either sides of me had tract moorings and had to wait until July 8th to place there boats or moor it at the main harbor, Port Du Pleasants peninsula about 3 miles from the Anglers Hunters Club they belong to. They were not happy campers.
Last year spring was brutal and due to that summer whizzed by. Sure hope its better this year.

Roy they want to re-think helping seeing Canada has abused USA so badly according to some .

this is just one of many examples
Looks like to me Canada has won three softwood lumber court cases and they still do not get fair treatment from the |USA

Yeah RIGHT! Also in this province (Québec), Hydro-Québec have done the same to help our cousins and sent a bunch of crews to VT, NH, Maine etc.!

And about this so called “deficit on trade”, there is a current $2 Billion trade surplus in favor of the U.S. vs Canada! And as Canada supplies most of the U.S. aluminium & steel, what’s the point of these taxes??

G

Yep that’s the Canadian way we sent many water bombers when needed to help the USA fight fires ,

Always glad to help our southern neighbours.

LOL Canadians are so brutal !