One control or two?

Hi y’all,
Thought I’d ask this in two threads and get the best answers from the most people :wink:

I just completed the training on mold testing and recall that 2 control samples were taken outside (1 windward and 1 leeward). I haven’t done any professional tests yet, but while researching what other companies do here in my local market of the Denver Metro area of Colorado, I see that some companies use a SOP of just 1 outdoor control. What am I missing, or are they doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Nobody wants to answer this? let me get more specific. IAC2 guidelines state unequivocally that 3 air samples shall be taken (2 outside and one inside)

Axium Inspections who is IAC2 and InterNACHI accredited, states on their website that “We will have to take a minimum of two mold air samples: one mold test indoors and one mold test outdoors as a control.”

Mold Inspection & Testing, another company who operates in Denver and is also IAC2 certified, states on their website: Residential: $300-350 (Location Dependent) includes inspection, reports, and 2 Mold Tests (1 Control, 1 Inside)

I’m not trying to be a dumbass - this seems like a very basic question that has to have a definitive answer.

Are they just blowing QA out the window, or just undercutting everyone by offering less?
Thanks for anyone who can help me with this.

I responded to the other thread