Does anyone have this book?

Does anyone have this book? Is it a good book to have? http://www.emlab.com/app/store/Store.po?event=showItem&item=275

I have it and it is a good book to have if you want to unsderstand the minimum protocols that a mold remediation contractor should be using during the course of their work. It idoes not explain step by step instructions on how to perform mold remediation, but basically describes what PPE equipment should be used and when, containment recommendations, and very basic mold inspection minimum criteria.

Every mold remediation prodject is going to be different, and technology is going to vay depending on the contractor. If you get involved in writing mold remediation protocols as part of you inspection business, then it is an essential text to have. Personally, I don’t get involved with that, but will review protocols if the remediation contractor wants an outside opinion. They sell an electronic version of the book in PDF form which I would recommend buying over the printed text. That way you can make references in your documentation if needed.

If you are deciding to build up a library, this is a good book to start with, but there are others that provide a lot more on mold sampling and interpreting results.

I own it. It is a very good book but like Scott says is only necessary to own if you are writing or interpreting remediation protocols. It is the most recognized standard for remediating mold.

What are some good books for mold sampling?

The best place to start is the nachi site. If you have not taken the Mold course I highly recommend it as well as the free video on mold inspections.
Here are the links, good luck
http://www.nachi.tv/episode50

Tom Camp

Inspections Done Right.jpgInspections Done Right

I don’t know what your level of education is or yoru experience, but all of the NACHI books are worth their money for a basic understanding. As you progress and get a little more experience and and decide to expand your knowledge, you might want to look into books geared toward industrial hygienists. A good one to understand the differnet types of sampling is Bioaerosols: Assessment and Control. You might want to also look at all the free publications that the EPA and HUD have relating to mold, moisture intrusion, energy conservation, and building inspections. I like the ESA courses for basic information and use some of the information from them when I give talks. I would also suggest subscribing to different IAQ associations newsletters. There are some really great articles in the IAQA newsletter every month. There are several associations like AIHA and ACGIH that have some of the best information out there, but it is geared towards industrial hygienists and scientists.

You might want to go and pick up some microbiology and mycology textbooks at your local college book exchange. This will help you understand what all the different molds are that show up in a report and how they effect people. And if that isn’t enough, you can pick up some books on Clinical Pathology and Parasitology.

Books:
http://acac.org/recertification/rctext.htm