Radon Testing Equipment

Does anyone have a good source for radon testing equipment?

Charcoal test kits are an inexpensive way to get into the market. The money is the same as any other testing method and you don’t have to worry about your equipment being stolen. www.radon.com

1 Like

1.Shawn Price / Air Chek / www.radon.com / Femto Tech / BEST

1. next best: Radalink / their website

2. Bottom: Sun Nuclear / on the web

Using Femto Tech monitors with Air Chek for reports for Real Estate.
for schools and assisted living facilities use charcoals from Air Chek.
Run from Pro Lab is my 2 cents.

Eric - What kind of company are you? What do you want to portray to your client? I would be upset if you used the same thing I can get at Home Depot. Doug Wall is very experienced at Radon testing and does many of them. Why? He is on time, looks professional and USES PROFESSIONAL Equipment. I prefer Radalink AIR CATS…they use blue tooth and you can get the results within minutes they actually send a text to your cell phone. As far as I know its the latest technology.

So it depends, do you want to make the fast buck now…or pay some money and look professional in the hopes to be different than your competition? Anyone can use freaking Charcoal Canasters…to me it makes you look cheap. Thats just my opinion. I have always said that if you spare no expense at pleasing the customer…you will never have to worry about how to pay for it…

1 Like

I have been using Sun Nuclear Electronic Radon monitoring system. They run around $550, every time I have compared it to a mitigation companies results it has been spot on.

agree.

I’m working on gathering the equipment I need to start up my own company. I have looked at some of these radon detection kits and other equipment. I’m just curious if anyone has ever used Sylvane Corentium radon detector. Id like to get the detector from Sun Nuclear but at this point finding enough money is a problem.

Thanks for the info. What product do you recommend for checking for mold?

If you don’t have enough money for a SunNuclear then the Corentiums are way out of your budget. I own 2 Corentiums and have been very pleased with them with the exception of the price. Having immediate results and sending an email directly from my phone with those results is great but typing a shortened email to my clients from my phones isn’t the most professional. Also, there is no alarm to remind you of the time to pick up. Given the amount of technology accessible this is a small feature that should already be programmed

I currently need 4 more devices and having a difficult time making that decision to spend $6000.

Hey Ben;
If you are speaking of the Corentium Pro, there is a special on the website going for the next week of $1099 per unit. Hope this helps.