Which equipment to buy? What do you use?

We are branching out into Environmental consulting and getting ready to purchase some IAQ testing equipment soon. I am interested to know what equipment the other members use and prefer. I’m also curious to know what testing labs you use.
Does anyone have any advice on types or brands of air testing & other IAQ equipment? I am tempted to just get a basic starter package (air pump), but I’m wondering if I would regret not stepping up to some higher end equipment. Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Great question.

what in particular are you going to do, mold, indoor air quality, etc

We will be providing Indoor air quality consultation and assessments. We will provide moisture investigations & testing for all aspects of IAQ including Mold, Bacteria, Allergens & Radon. Our emphasis will be on helping those with Asthma & severe allergies improve their indoor air quality and create healthier indoor environments. We will also launch the H.E.L.P (Healthier Environment Living Program) soon. If you haven’t heard about it yet, you should check it out at www.healthierprograms.com

Try going to this site: http://www.indoorsciences.com/. They have a link at the bottom called WebTools where you can see a forum where professionals discuss laboratories they use, equipment, and other stuff too. It may be a good resource for you.

Thanks Jason- I’ll check it out

We are doing testing here in North Georgia as part of our H.E.L.P. program and our favorite tool is the Luminometer it also gets the most WOW reaction, you can see results as quick as 1 hour. I tested a teenagers cell phone today and the reading came in at a 336 and right at an hour after I misted her cell phone with the HELP solution, I retested it and it came in at a 186. She had to leave so I couldn’t wait anylonger to retest.