Fear of Flying

**Do Know Someone With a Fear of Flying…?

What are the odds of being killed in a commercial plane crash in the U.S?

(these are the flights that most of fly on).

There has not been a commercial airline plane crash in the U.S since Feb.

of 2009 (there has been about 7 million flights since then).

It would be the same odds as being struck by lightening 7 times.

Your odds of being killed on the highway are much greater.

Uplifting, enlightening!

I’m a pilot and never fear flying…just crashing…:smiley:

Roy you are a cool ole F-ck.

I mean that in the most respectful way :slight_smile:

If I ever get that consulting rocking we are going out for food and drink, I got to meet you in person some day.

that’s Mr old fuk to you

I love flying when I’m behind the controls… I hate flying on airliners.
My Dad is scared of heights, he retired after being a pilot for 40 years!

On the other hand, there are thousands and thousands of car wrecks every year with…survivors.

There are fender benders, rear end collisions, even pedestrians getting hit by cars and living.

So, if I’m in a car, cruising along at 70 mph, and my car quits, or crashes, I might die.

There is no “might” if I’m in a plane cruising 600 mph, and the engine quits and it falls from the sky, or has a collision, at 10,000 or 30,000 feet.

So yes, there are more highway fatalities, sure, but there are many more highway crash survivors than plane crash survivors.

I only flew twice, and it scared the bajeebies out of me. (Try landing in Charleston, WV-it looks like you’re gonna go right off the mountain top).

I’ll have my heart attack from eating too much southern fried greasy food, thank you. :smiley:

Good point.

I only flew twice, and it scared the bajeebies out of me. (Try landing in Charleston, WV-it looks like you’re gonna go right off the mountain top).
From Fear of Flying - InterNACHI Inspection Forum http://www.nachi.org/forum/f51/fear-flying-107817/#post1439338#ixzz3wPpVCF9t
Because you are going right off the top of a mountain! :lol:

True, when taking off, but hopefully not when landing! lol

When I was in High School, a small plane with a bunch of pot on board crashed while taking off. A lot of it scattered over the hill was retrieved by locals.

For months, the discounted reefer flowing around the Charleston area reeked of diesel fuel, and became known as “fuel grass”.

True story. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a fear of flying but not because of the flying… but because of the cabin. I’m claustrophobic. That’s why I have to fly first class near the exit door. I know, I’m nuts.

It is not falling from the sky that kills you: it’s the sudden stop.

I hate flying and do not vacation far away much.Do not like the fact the weather can change and have no way of knowing when booking what it will be in advance .Last minute flight costs a fortune.

Statistics mean nothing because a car accident with me at the wheel has me in control while a plane accident is sure death .

Somehow made it to Vegas this year last minute booking] but drove to Myrtle Beach.

My fear is the cavity searches at security and getting stuck between the two fat ladies as the person in front of me lowers their seat back onto my knees.