Special Olympics Fundraiser

My daughter is enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program at her school. They are raising funds through a polar plunge challenge for the Special Olympics program.

She is looking for any donations to help her toward her goal. Anything would be appreciated. I am posting this here in order to help her attain her goal. If she reaches her goal she gets to take the plunge in February :stuck_out_tongue:

Hailey’s Donation Page

She is gonna be…SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD…I want a video!

She’s a cutie pie, Troy.

Thanks William. Her teacher made her raise her goal due to Russell’s donation. :slight_smile: Thanks for your contribution.

Most welcome, Troy. I wish her the best.

I tried to donate, don’t know if it went through.

She reached her goal!

OK, so she reached it, now lets make her a super star and exceed it big time.
My donation attempt yesterday did not go through for some reason. I will attempt again.

Troy, the site will not allow me to donate. It will not allow me to log in, create an account or anything. I will try again tomorrow.

Thats total BS…she met her goal! Changing the rules mid way is not fair to the student. I gave her the money so the child can fufill a goal, be thankful her father is smart and posted on this MB and so she can take it easy and enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Send me her email. That is total BS…

Get her!

Well, finally it accepted my donation. Come on folks, it doesn’t matter if she has met her goal. Lets keep giving and show what Home Inspectors with Hearts can do.
Here is a challenge to all of you out there.
The next two people to donate to Haileys page, I will equal their donations up to $100.00 each. Russel, if you feel the need to donate again, go for it.

Nick,
Here’s a challenge for you. If you will donate to Hailey’s page I will match it up to a max of $500.00

Gentlemen,

I am very grateful for all your donations to Hailey’s page. Russ, I was a little put off by the goal raising until I talked with Hailey about it a bit. The lesson was that she did not set a goal high enough that matched her skills or resources and that why a lot of the kids had to reset their goals.

They did not think about how much time they were going to have to attain the goal so they all set fairly low goals.

I can understand. I have a goal to add over 100 inspections next year, but I know for sure if I hit 100 more I damn sure will not stop there.

Goals be damned she plans on collecting as much as she can and keep going. She has a pretty strong offline program working as well. Good lessons are being learned and all for a great cause.

Thank you again for your generous donations, every dollar helps.

If the child raised her goals, I am totally OK with that. If the teacher did it then that is wrong in my opinion. The child met the goal and should be rewarded not have the bar reset in hopes she can obtain it.

To me it just sucks when you ask a kid to do something, they do it and it’s never good enough. Man, let the kid enjoy the fruits of her labor. If it took a day or a month…who cares?

But it is hers to do with as she wishes and I am glad the child is sacrificing her time and body heat for those who are in need…you are doing an awesome job and raising the leaders or tomorrow, my hat is off to you for working very hard and raising such a socially aware child…congrats to you and the Mrs. for that…

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and God bless you and yours…

Well, my challenge has been taken up by one of our inspectors who donated $40 and it was matched by Firm Foundation.
We are still looking for 1 more inspector to donate so that we can match it up to a max of $100.
Nick, I am still hoping you will take me up on my $500 donation challenge.

Well, it would seem as though we had no more takers for the inspector challenge, nor did Nick want to take me up on it. What a shame.
I see that her goal was raised again, why keep raising the goal all the time. How many times are they going to move the goalposts? This is totally unfair and does not encourage the child. What would happen if she does not meet the new goal, then according to the rules she cannot take the plunge. This is totally unfair and unethical. I wish her all the best in her quest and look forward to a good report on the resulting plunge.