It's that time of year again!

Hi InterNACHI Brother/Sisterhood:

I invite you to join Team Life for Leiki, Barry’s grandmonster, to raise much needed funds to support cystic fibrosis research. You will also enjoy food, fun, music at the Great Strides event at the 2012 Collin County site on 05/19/2012! Great Strides is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s largest, most successful, and most important national fundraising event.

So many young lives depend on the vital, ongoing advances in CF research - to keep that momentum going, we need your help now! Walking in Great Strides is such an effective way to add tomorrows every day to the lives of those with cystic fibrosis. Your enthusiasm and fundraising efforts will help give more tomorrows to those with CF every day.

It’s so easy to sign up - just visit my Great Strides Home page http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/LifeforLeiki, click on “Join My Walk Team!”. Then follow the step-by-step instructions on how to register and begin your fundraising campaign.

The Web site also has lots of useful, easy-to-use features to help your fundraising efforts, including fundraising tips, tools to monitor your progress, and easy ways to invite people to make online donations to support your goal! Be sure to explore www.cff.org/GREAT_STRIDES today to learn more and start fundraising! As your team leader, I’m also available to assist you in your fundraising. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions.

Joining Great Strides-Team Life for Leiki is such a simple and effective way for you to show your support for this important cause. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those with CF! Once again, thank you for supporting the mission of the CF Foundation, and welcome to my team!

Join My Team
Visit CFF website

If you encounter a problem with a link, please visit my Great Strides Home Page at http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/LifeforLeiki! NOTE: If link looks broken, cut and paste ENTIRE link into address bar. If you are presented with a “Find A Walker” page, enter my first and last name and click on “Find Walker.” Then click “View Walker” by my name in the results list to go to “My Great Strides Home Page.”

Thank you,
Kiev Adair

Leiki got my support!

Who else can support this beautiful blue eyed angel?
Can we help BA and Leiki reach their goals this year?

Thanks to all that have taken the time to view and contribute!

this is what donations support! encouraging to say the least, thanx!

Dear Friend, We have encouraging news to share with you. This morning, Vertex Pharmaceuticals announced promising interim results from a Phase 2 combination study of Kalydeco™ and a potential CF drug called VX-809.
Both therapies are designed to treat the underlying cause of CF and were tested in people who have the most common CF mutation, Delta F508. People with two copies of the Delta F508 mutation who took both drugs in the Phase 2 study showed significant improvements in lung function.
The trial is ongoing and complete results, including data from patients with one copy of the Delta F508 mutation (heterozygous Delta F50, are expected this summer.
These interim findings are important because they show that our approach to target the underlying cause of CF is on the right track. Vertex plans to begin a pivotal trial of Kalydeco and VX-809 in people with two copies of the Delta F508 mutation, pending final study results.
We are pleased that Vertex is accelerating its plans for a pivotal study of the combination treatment in those with two copies of Delta F508. The CF Foundation played a key role in the development of Kalydeco and VX-809, providing significant scientific, clinical and financial support.
We still have much to do, but today’s news is a significant step in our work to defeat cystic fibrosis.
We will not rest until we find a cure.
Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
800-FIGHT-CF
info@cff.org

Hi Papa:

Our Leiki was diagnosed with CF August 18, 2009, August 26, 2009 she was hospitalized for her first CF exacerbation and treatment. Since then she’s grown into an amazingly happy, healthy, FULL OF LIFE 3 1/2 year old. She is the sunshine to our day, puts a smile on every persons face she meets, and is an inspiration to all she meets. Her daily routine of oral medications, pancreatic enzymes, breathing treatments along with CPT and now night feeds through g-button, does not slow this lil fire cracker down.

I joined Great Strides in 2010 and formed Life for Leiki. Life for Leiki is NOT just for Leiki but so many babies, children and adults like her. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and GreatStrides is our best hope as Leiki’s advocates, family, and friends to finding a cure so that CF can stand for CURE FOUND!!

** Great Strides is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s largest and most successful national fund-raising event. This year, I’m walking in the Great Strides walk at the 2013 Collin County/Plano - Baylor Medical Center - 4700 Alliance, Plano TX walk on 05/18/2013. Please help me meet my fund-raising goal of $10,000.00 by sponsoring me. Your generous gift will be used for investment in vital CF programs to support research, care and education.**

Making a donation is easy and secure! Just click the “Click to Donate” button on this page to go to make a donation that will be credited to my team. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated!

Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to lose precious lives to CF every day. That’s why your help is needed now more than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later. To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit www.cff.org.

Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those with CF! Thank you for supporting the mission of the CF Foundation, GreatStrides and TEAM LIFE FOR LEIKI!

TEAM LIFE FOR LEIKI Advocate for Leiki and her BIGGEST FANS

View My Personal Invitation!
Visit the CF Foundation Web Site

If you encounter a problem with a link, please visit my Great Strides Home Page at http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/LifeforLeiki!

NOTE: If link looks broken, cut and paste ENTIRE link into address bar. If you are presented with a “Find A Walker” page, enter my first and last name and click on “Find Walker.” Then click “View Walker” by my name in the results list to go to “My Great Strides Home Page.”

Thank you,
Kiev Adair

THANKS to all that viewed, contributed or otherwise show support!

for me to let you know Leiki is doing well, still has her g-button and wants your help with her CF walk

every bit helps
Dallas 2016: Kiev Adair - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

thanks in advance

Good luck with your fight.

thanks to all that viewed and made this another successful event!