WDW 10K & Homes For Our Troops

Hey guys,

I’ve given free inspections to disabled vets, but this is way cooler!

My awesome wife is running the Walt Disney World 10k and she needs our help. She is part of a charity team, each raising at least $500 for Homes For Our Troops (HFOT). HFOT is a charity committed to helping those who have selflessly given to our country and have returned home with serious disabilities and injuries since September 11, 2001. From their website:

I want to blow that $500 goal](http://hfotwdw14.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1070734&supid=392041102) out of the water! We have so many personal connections to the armed forces – father, grandfather, uncles, friends … Our Vets are treasures. A home is one of the most important assets anyone can have, and she is excited about this opportunity.

So here’s where you come in …

It’s a Disney race. Half the fun, apparently, is the crazy costumes that people wear. So she decided that if she meets her fundraising goal, she’ll run in costume.

For every $10 you donate, you get one vote toward choosing her costume character. (Alice in Wonderland, Cheshire Cat, Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast, Daisy Duck, Mrs. Incredible … she’ll come up with some fun options!) If you donate $30, you get three votes. $50, five votes. Like that!

If you donate $25, she’ll send you a HFOT support sticker (10 available!) … and you get two character votes!

If you donate $50, she’ll send you a HFOT “We Support Our Troops” car magnet (5 available!) or lapel pin (5 available!) … and you get five character votes!

*If you donate and would like one of the thank you gifts, please be sure to leave your contact info in the donation site’s options!
If we somehow get to $750 total, she will let our three-year-old have final say on putting together the costume for the character who gets the most donor votes. Yes, this girl:

Oh yes, this could be interesting. You’ll vote on the character, my wife will give her three costume options, and she’ll choose the one to be actually worn.

If somehow we can raise $1,000 she will sign up for a half marathon (which I will run with her)!

Are you in?

Put me down for a Franklin.

That is very generous!
You can go directly to the website http://hfotwdw14.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1070734&supid=392041102
If you wish to donate differently you send me a PM.
BTW, we used more of your rub on chicken tonight :smiley:

I am pretty sure you are talking about the Tower of Terror 10 mile race.
http://www.rundisney.com/tower-of-terror-10-miler/

It is a fun race, we ran it last year. There all sorts of “villains” on the course and plenty of photo ops. Plus, you get a cool medal. If the conditions are anything like last year, make sure your wife warms up and drinks more than the amount of liquids she planned. Last years conditions were, roughly 87 degrees and 200% humidity. By mile 8, many where laying on the side of the road!!

As for a donation, we have spent our allotted share this year, the latest is the Breast Cancer walk coming up in October. :frowning:

If we can free up some, I’ll donate via the page.

Good luck in the race and fundraising!