Training for Commercial Inspections CDW Engineering

Hi All,

I want to start offering commercial inspections next year. The nachi training isnt enough for me to feel comfortable. I found this company CDW Engineering which I think is part or cardon dunlop. $1495 CAD for the 3 day training is April. Anyone heard of them or know of them or have any other suggestions?

Are you an engineer ???

http://www.cdwengineering.com/about-us/careers/](http://www.cdwengineering.com/about-us/careers/)

About Us

OurTeam](http://www.cdwengineering.com/about-us/leadership-team/)Careers

Careers

Weare a leader in the building inspection business since 1978, with awell-recognized brand name
and a reputation for quality work. Our growth and success have created opportunities
for the right people to grow with us in our Toronto office.

Fulland part time positions are available in Vancouver and Toronto.

Yourrole will include:

1. Performingdue diligence commercial building inspections

2. Conductingcapital replacement studies

3. Conductingreserve fund studies for condominium corporatios

4. Conductingenergy audits on commercial properties

5. A mixof field and office work

We are looking for specialengineers with:

1. Atleast 3 years of commercial property condition assessment experience

2. ProfessionalEngineer designation or soon to be

3. Abroad knowledge of commercial and industrial buildings

4. Previousenergy audit experience

5. Goodreport writing and computer skills

6. Excellentinterpersonal skills

7. Theability to work independently

8. Fluentin English

9. Apositive attitude and good work ethic

Yourrewards will include:

1. Competitivestarting salary

2. Performance-basedbonus

3. Comprehensivehealth and dental plan

4. Accessto short- and long-term disability plans

5. Automobileallowance

6. Occasionalwork from home

Ifyou are a P.Eng, or will be within 6 months, send your resume by email to:richard@cdwengineering.com](http://cdwengineering.wpengine.com/home/careers.asp)

Wethank all who apply, but will only be contacting those selected for aninterview.

Can you come to Colorado to one of my commercial inspection business upstart courses?

Hi Nick, I was actually going to email you about coming down. I plan on making a trip in the spring. Looks like a 16 hour drive from Detroit. I want to see the house of horrors. Do you know when your next commerical class will be in the new year?

Hi Roy, if you look under training that’s what I was looking at not careers

How about I schedule it during your trip here?

That would be great. I don’t have a month set, figured maybe in he spring after the snow clears. I plan on taking a week’s vacation from work and head down. Maybe March or April?

Sure.

Hi Nick,

Any chance that you have a commercial inspection business upstart courses in Colorado anytime soon? I’m in Kansas, I really wanted to make it to your last course in Sarasota but I just didn’t have the funds to drive that far.

Thank you,

Larry Cox

Several inspectors I’ve talked to said the C&D commercial class was expensive and the main thing they got was how to be a Captain and hire all the trades.

Roofer, electrician, engineer, hvac, etc. In many areas if you did that you’re priced out of the ballpark.

To me a Commercial Inspection is NOT a duplex, four-plex, etc.

Its a car dealership; school, church, office / warehouse, assisted care facility; hotel, Big Box stores like Toys-R-Us, shopping centers, marinas, restaurants like Outback, etc.

Last year we ended up doing 47 of these. They’re work, but I’ve never had a complaint call like …

Commercial Clients are not emotional AND mostly about do the $$$ add up.

You need to take my commercial inspection course. I just gave it in Tampa on Monday.

Hi Nick,

Any chance that you have a commercial inspection business upstart courses in Colorado anytime soon? I’m in Kansas, I really wanted to make it to your last course in Sarasota but I just didn’t have the funds to drive that far.

Thank you,

Larry Cox