Is dryer venting required in NJ

I have an electric dryer and it vents to a condensation box. I am thinking about selling my apartment in Jersey City and the realtor is concerned that this may not be up to code, but they are unsure. Is venting required for electric dryers in NJ?

To be more detailed do you mean lint bucket or a expensive condensate dryer?

This is not the Jersey City, New Jersey department of building and zoning.

Unless you have a condensing type, ductless clothes dryer, it is required to be vented outdoors according to NJ building standards. However, that doesn’t mean that you will be required to remediate it. Your city building official can tell you if you are required to fix it in order to sell the property. You should expect it to be flagged as a deficiency on a home inspection report.

You may find the official reference here: http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/newjersey/NJ_Residential/PDFs/NJ_Res_Chapter15.pdf

In a sale, everything is negotiable.

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses. Bob, I’m talking about a lint bucket. Chris, I’m sorry I thought I was reaching out to a group of professionals that could give me some guidance. I apologize if my request was beyond your scope of expertise. It was not my intention to put you out.

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses. Bob, I’m talking about a lint bucket. Chris, I’m sorry I thought I was reaching out to a group of professionals that could give me some guidance. I apologize if my request was beyond your scope of expertise. It was not my intention to put you out.

In NJ all dryers including both gas and electric are required to be vented to the exterior. The only exceptions are both listed and labeled condensing(Ductless) clothes dryers. You can also check with the Jersey city code officials office for more information to determine if any special provisions exist that may allow for your configuration. This will likely be called out by a NJ home inspector for corrections and venting to the exterior should be recommended. Give me a shout if You have other questions about New Jersey home inspections.