AskNACHI.org » Dura-Pex (NIBCO)Problems

Old 7/25/13, 5:00 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: Dura-Pex (NIBCO)Problems

Thanks Roy! You're the man :)
Old 9/16/13, 6:16 PM
Unregistered

Please Note: is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Just had the second leak in my dura-pex piping. Plumber advised re-piping entire house because it is a bad batch of pipe. My house was built in 2003 in Daphne, Al. Trying to decide if I should re-pipe or wait and see. Email- slowman68@att.net.
Old 9/16/13, 7:12 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/zurn-pex-plumbing/zurn-pex-brass-fitting-failures-10631.html#.UjeCOD8f-uk

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

You own your private information. I won't sell or give away yours, others do

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Old 1/9/14, 2:34 PM
Unregistered

Please Note: is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is a class action lawsuit nibco for the fittings and pipes
Can someone email me regarding the class action lawsuit with who to contact. I live in brewton al and have 2 leaks in the past 6 months with the first leak on both cold and hot and right under the water heater. Costing aprox. $1100. to fix and incurred expenses. the other about 5 feet from the water heater under the slab and inside the laudry room wall. Approx. cost another $1000. My email address is jsre67@yahoo.com. I would appreciate the information.
Old 1/10/14, 2:01 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

If you do a google search using the same terms (nibco, lawsuit) you should find info that you request.

Jeff Moore
www.quantumhomeinspections.com
Flir (ITC) Level II Thermographer
Mesa, AZ
(602)448-2926
Old 1/22/14, 6:17 PM
Greg Foote

We have had 2 failures that thankfully have not resulted in any major damage, yet... But the plumber that came the second time has given us a quote to re-pipe the whole house at $4775 ... This home was built by Adams homes here in Foley Al in 2007...

The Lot # markings on the pipe are FT06-136-1-07 Nibco DURA-PEX dated 5/31/07

I am interested in being involved in / helping to initiate a class action lawsuit against Nibco

251-504-9224
Greg Foote
Old 2/19/14, 5:17 PM
Unregistered

My home was built in 2002 and has Dura-pex pipes. I am now aware there were previous leaks. I had one in the hot water side in Dec and now have re-plumbed my whole house. No help from insurance nor manufacturer. 9 holes in the sheetrock, cabinet damage all at my expense. Please contact me if there is any recourse.

Andrewssells@yahoo.com

Daphne, AL
Old 4/3/14, 3:43 PM
coolie

Im in Loxley Al. I just had a pin hole leak and plumber verified I do have dura-pex. He said there is a clas action suit. It was near hot water heater. I have a tankless hotwater heater too. Ruined some sheetrock is all, but now Im worried about the rest of the house. I got 5 baths! House was built in 2007.

What do I do?

Chuck

coolie@gulftel.com
Old 4/7/14, 11:33 AM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Join the ever increasing crowd and link onto the listed sites. Crap is crap and the builders and plumbers are selling a lot of it. Oh, did I forget to mention that I am old school? Remember KLM and use the proper copper!

Bryce Jeffrey
CMI - ID# 107030707

Jeffrey Home Inspection
http://www.jeffreyhomeinspection.com
Old 4/16/14, 8:51 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Send a message via AIM to jfrederick

http://www.allhoursplumbinginc.com/cpi-durapex.html
Old 6/26/14, 2:23 PM
Unregistered

we live in lake wylie sc and have had 9 leaks in the hot water pex-pipe line. they are pin hole or hairline fractures. the house was built in 2004 and our first leak was in 2008, 2009 and a big one in 2010. we had the remaining leaks between 2011 and 2013. we just had a leak 6-20-2014. is there a clase suite in place. our insurance company is researching now "finaly" anyone can help please do so.
Old 7/1/14, 4:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Just had the second leak in my dura-pex piping. Plumber advised re-piping entire house because it is a bad batch of pipe. My house was built in 2003 in Daphne, Al. Trying to decide if I should re-pipe or wait and see. Email- slowman68@att.net.
Third leak last week. Any info would be much appreciated. Mike.251-490-7507.
Old 7/2/14, 4:45 PM
Unregistered

I just had my third leak last week. After researching the matter and talking to several plumbers I have decided to re-plumb my house. I just got off the phone with an attorney that is with a firm in pennsylvania and they are working on a class action against NIBCO. No promises but it gives me hope for future compensation for my loss. I would encourage everyone with similar issues to call them. There is strength in numbers ! CHIMICLES & TIKELLIS LLP. 866-399-2487 or 610-642-8500. Do your part to help us all. Thanks.
Old 7/8/14, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

My home was built in 06, I moved in in 2010 and in 2011-20014 I've had 9 leaks with the NIBCO pipes. I live in Baxter Village and will re-plumb the whole house for fear I'll never be able to sell it. My insurance company has assigned a "higher-up" to try and help me get reimbursed for the pipe repairs and they will cover the drywall repaid and paint. I have a 2ft piece of the pipe, how do I tell when it was manufactured? There are series of numbers: CSA B 137 5-97 and 12-08-07-2 and FT06-313-2-07. Cant tell from this what the date is.
Old 8/13/14, 2:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Third leak last week. Any info would be much appreciated. Mike.251-490-7507.
Fourth leak two weeks ago. We are re-piping the house as I write this. CPI Durapex is the culprit. House built in 2003. slowman68@att.net.