AskNACHI.org » Dura-Pex (NIBCO)Problems

Old 9/19/15, 8:05 PM
Unregistered

Please Note: is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Dura-Pex (NIBCO)Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
bernitamcmullen@gmail.com
geral.nabritt@gmail.com
I have had 5 leaks, our house was finished 2\2007. Here is my Email add. would greatly appreciate any info concerning a class action lawsuit involving leaky duraplex pipes.

wendys3mail@gmail.com
Old 11/2/15, 3:55 PM
Unregistered

Please Note: is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

I am in North Texas, having the same issues as some of you. This last weekend I repaired my 5th pinhole size leak. All of the leaks are in the Red Nibco Dura Pex, 4 in 1/2" and 1 on the 3/4" size. 2 leaks was in interior walls, 2 exterior and 1 in the attic. I am more than just pissed right now. Our house was built in 2007, first leak occurred 4 years ago and now they are getting more frequent (2 in the last 2 months) Ad me to the list, my email is sr160009@me.com
Old 11/6/15, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are having pin hole sized leaks spring from our Dura-pex. We had one on 1/30/10, another one 4/16/10 and one today 4/18/10. Our first two were very near the hot water heater the most recent is farther. They are all in the hot water lines. We have a home warranty and have nearly used the whole budget up. We are looking at having to remove the bath tub to fix the most recent one (not covered by warranty). Our plumber is telling us we need to re- route or reintstall all the plumbing with new pipes.

Our home was built in 2003 in the Lake Wylie, SC area and we purchased November 2009.

TD- have you had any luck with this? I am also curious who your plumber is.... any one else out there with similar problems? Any luck with the builder, Nibco, lawsuits anything? We are looking at thousands of dollars.

Help!
Hey! I'm in Rock Hill, SC and just had yet another leak with the same pipes- pin hole size- and also hot water.
Did you ever find anything out? This is the 5th leak and I think the entire house needs to have new pipes.... 😩

Please add us to the list as well- PiaCrook@me.com
Thank you so much!
Old 1/20/16, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

My Mom bought her home in 2014, it was built in 2008. Since moving in, there have been 3 occurrences of Nibco Dura-pex piping cracks/pinholes in less than two years. Like the rest of you all, it's been very costly to repair, not counting what the insurance company paid as well. Now, the insurance company wants to drop my Mom because of the first two claims Any info on any type of lawsuit or Class Action lawsuit would be greatly appreciated. This has been a nightmare since having these problems. We are in Alabama. Please add me to the ever growing list. Thank you. skirk17416@aol.com.
Old 1/20/16, 3:32 PM
Sissy12

I have had the same problems. My house was built in 2001. I have had 3 leaks down the pipe at the water heater. I would like to join the lawsuit action. tjohnson9@bellsouth.net
Old 1/22/16, 5:26 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone tell me if the stuff they are selling today is OK or should it all be avoided. I see some on sale at *enard's.
Old 1/25/16, 5:40 PM
Marisa Garmon

my name is Marisa Garmon. We just discover our add-on that was built in 1995 have these pipes. We was have never known until the pipe busted in my grandson bedroom. We live in Mobile, Alabama 36618. Is their anyone out there that can point me in the direction of help, please. My email address is mgarmon4@gmail.com
Old 7/21/16, 5:41 PM
Francis

We have had 10 leaks home was built by Adams home in 2007. The entire house has Faulty pipeline and in a year we have had atleast 3 water leakage. I am so frustrated to the point that if I ever came across that idiot plumber /contractor I would chew him alive. We are senior citizens with limited income. katjenn181@gmail.com
Old 8/17/16, 6:02 AM
Unregistered

North Carolina house built in 1998. CPI Dura-Pex 3/4" water pipe. First leak did not happen until 8/4/15. Second pin hole leak on 8/15/16. Both on the hot water side less than 3 feet from the tank. Plummer says I have been lucky for so long without a leak. More to come. bradhawkins@bellsouth.net
Old 8/17/16, 2:21 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Are these problems with the connectors or the pex pipe?
Old 8/24/16, 1:38 PM
Unregistered

I have 3year old job I have had to replace it has holes that are developing in middle of line not ear any fittings.
Old 9/12/16, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

I live in a house built in 2004,Spanish Fort, AL, and have had one big leak in storage room in my garage and several drip leaks in my attic. I just discovered another one yesterday. All these have been around black connectors and I have the reddish colored pex piping. After reading all posts above the conclusion I have reached is that insurance will only pay for damage and their is no lawsuit at this time to get funding for re-plumbing. Please contact if this is incorrect, someone please contact me. I would also like to hear from anyone about what pex or other piping systems where used by plumber for those of you who had new water lines run. Jamundersun@yahoo.com

Thanks to all for taking the time to post this information. This is the best forum I have found so far for pex problems. I guess I have been lucky compared to many people with major damage, but I am now aware of the sleeping monster in my attic and walls that may awaken at any time to destroy my home and possessions with a shower of rain and flooding. Guess I need to find a plumber fast before that happens!!!
Old 9/14/16, 9:11 AM
Unregistered

I too just experienced a pinhole leak in my hot water line that has caused damaged to walls and carpet. My home was built in 2011 and now in 2016 I have had two leaks? The first was a possible improperly installed dishwasher but noticed the hot water line during the reconstruction was dripping so much that I had to have a container to collect the water.

The second was out of the blue but it appears may have been going on for a while before the failure. I will now be out 1000 for the deductible AND cost of emergency repairs.

I am getting no where with my builder since they were purchased by D R Horton.
Old 9/14/16, 9:43 PM
Unregistered

We just had our second leak in our DuraPex CPI. The first was in March of 2016. It was a pin hole leak in the hot water tubing just up from our hot water heater approximately 3' (located in our garage). All of our piping is in our attic and not close to anything that may have rubbed up against it causing damage.

Today (September 2016) we had our second incident. It was about a 1" gash about 6" up from the replacement connecter the plumber put in back in March. This caused some major damage in our house.

Ours is the orange clay colored DuraPex CIP 1006 3/4" CTS.

The plumber checked our water pressure and all was fine. He was perplexed on how this could've happened and said this kind of tubing was usually good.

I found this blog on the web when researching. The plumber said it would be best to replace ALL of this DuraPex in our attic to avoid the possibility of it happening again. Fool me twice huh? I tend to agree with him. Our issue is with the tubing itself, not the connector.

Where do I sign up for this class action lawsuit?

P.S.
Our house was built in 2007. The manufactured date on the DuraPex tubing shows 02/02/2007. Our house is in North Texas - DFW area.

durapexinfrisco@gmail.com
Old 11/6/16, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

We purchased a house in Spanish Fort, AL in 2015. The house was built in 2006. We have had 5 leaks in the year and a half since we bought the house. All are cracks in the pipe itself. I believe it is Durapex. It is terra cotta in color. There is a shield like shaped stamped on a section we cut out to repair today. Is there a more definite way to determine the manufacturer? Leaks have occurred in both the hot and cold pipes and never at the connectors or near the water heater. My pipe is stamped with the date of 09/19/2003.

Please add us to the list.
Chrystalcicc@gmail.com