New Construction Appraisal

Certified inspectors,

I am uncertain if the InterNACHI is the right place to ask the following question, and if it isn’t but anyone can direct me to the right organization or professional I would greatly appreciate it.

My wife and I bought a new home constructed for us over a period of several months in 2013 and 2014. The house was advertised as an energy star certified home with the following specific language in the builders specifications. Energy Star Certification: As per energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Verification by an certified home energy rater.

Do I need a specialized inspector/appraiser to get an appraisal that shows the difference in value of the house constructed per specification vs the house as built without energy star certification? We paid $785,000 for this house as an energy star certified house and the outside agency energy report showed the following

Energy star Version 3 Home verification Summary
This home DOES NOT MEET the EPA’s requirements for an ENERGY STAR Home.
HERS Index w/o PV<= HERS Index of Reference Design Home AND HERS Index <= HERS Index Target to Comply.

Any information provided is greatly appreciated.

You paid to much! The Energy Star rating program is a sham and a joke! BTW it does not add any real value to the home!